Flashlights in TV shows and movies (Part 4)

thermal guy

Flashaholic
Just watched Superman man of steel. Pretty sure Lois had a surefire 12Z turbo head in one scene in the movie when she's on the ship.

jfong

Newly Enlightened
The famous Klarus RS80 was in "Star Trek: Picard".

The additional glowing characters on the side were a nice touch, compared to other shows that leave the body stock/as-is.

Star Trek Picard S01E06.00_00_04_11.Still001.jpg

Fenix TK45 used in "Prometheus", the triple reflector is still used today on Sofirn's SD01. Lots more lumens with much better CRI and consistent Neutral White tint. Could probably light up that Alien Cave complex a lot better!

1631073487113.jpg

Last edited:

thermal guy

Flashaholic
cant find a good picture of it but anyone know what light is used in the new Nancy drew show? " don't judge me😁"

justforquestions

Newly Enlightened
The Mist (2007)
Anyone know the silver one being held?
I know it also has 2 led lights on the left and right side. I was looking for this or an identical one - and I am stumped on what it is called. Can anyone tell me?

sCHaj0k.png

iAVhcF8.png

PhotonWrangler

Flashaholic
I saw numerous long-ish body flashlights in Ghostbusters Afterlife but I couldn't identify them. Any movie with "ghost" in the title is likely to have lots of flashlights.

Jean-Luc Descarte

Enlightened
Speaking of games and Mag-Lites, the "Tactical Flashlight" from PAYDAY 2:
20180423151026_1.jpg

That's an ML300LX, apparently made in-universe by MAD-LIGHT, has the model name "NL300" and with a serial number that's binary for pi.

I especially like the description, "I'm not really building a shelter, but I buyed like a ton of cans and some water now and also this brand new flash light. Cause when the world goes dark, you gotta have some kind light or you'll be dead with in the hour. I promise you that!". That's such a flashaholic thing to say :crackup:

BONUS: Here's the model on hand, ported as a mod for Left 4 Dead.
policy=Letterbox&imcolor=%23000000&letterbox=false.jpg

raggie33

*the raggedier*
watching lilttle house on the prairie. ive always wondered how many lumens latarns had in that tv show and time period

Megalamuffin

Enlightened
Resident Evil 2 Remake ~ Ghost Survivors DLC:

Maglite ML50L 3C LED in Black.
(Okay, it's a video game. Took me weeks before I could get a clear look at it in the game to positively I.D. it.)

That game is set in 1998 but the beam that comes out of the in game maglite looks LED. It would have been pretty cool if they accurately modeled it off an incan instead.

bla2000

Enlightened
In tv show The Lost Gold of Aztecs they use flashlights and headlamps often. Here is a clip of them searching an underground cavity.