Flashlights & Intimacy

Status
Not open for further replies.

matrixshaman

Flashlight Enthusiast
Why do you think so many CPF'rs keep asking for lights with a lower low? Why do think HDS and Novatac's are really so popular with their under 1 Lumen setting. Do you really think people are using that to walk around with? And why do you think TIN is so big on the Proton Pro with it's Red light district setting - errr I mean red light. :crackup:

Low level LED = Instant candle = mood lighting

What more can I say
:party:

Oh - almost forgot that's why 'tailstanding' is also a highly sought feature = candle mode

Last edited:

jtr1962

Flashaholic
Actually this isn't a bad idea. Being that I hate yellowish candlelight with a purple passion that wouldn't work very well in an intimate situation, but one of my LED flashlights might.

paulr

Flashaholic
That's what this is for:

Luce de Notte

LuceThreeUp-b.jpg

Empath

Flashaholic
Just as a reminder, X-rated won't survive here.

The joys, romance and innovation involved in mood creation through ambient and innovative use of lighting is perfectly clean and intriguing. Other considerations could threaten that theme (and the thread).

chmsam

Flashlight Enthusiast
Technology Associates (techass.com) Zzz...lite or Zzz...flame sounds about right.

I cannot tell you about how many bad movie scenes this thread reminds me. However, this type of "atmosphere" is definitely geared more toward the young 20-ish crowd. Women with more maturity will roll their eyes at the likes and unless that's the attitude you were going for, stuff like this isn't going to contribute toward the desired results, and while "cheesy" might not be the exact word I'm looking for, it does end up at the top of the list of descriptors. "Geek" and "nerdy" also float near the top of the list. I suspect many and somewhat more adult females of the species would freely and willingly contribute the words "laughable" and "loser."

But concepts like this do sometimes lead to the appropriate mood, most often after about four bottles of wine. However, that (the four bottles of wine) tends to defeat the purpose and becomes somewhat anticlimactic. Some women do like wine and "cheese" though. The matter of finding a balance between the two can be a treacherous and slippery slope which is best left to the more experienced. A single wrong move with this approach could become a single, wrong move which involves a lot more "single" than you might want.

The setting would be important as well. I'd rate the chances of "failure to launch" equally high for the typical messy dorm room of today and the proverbial "bachelor pad" a la Playboy magazine, circa 1961.

We need more research.

Crenshaw

Flashlight Enthusiast
you really cant talk about females, low light situations, and moodlighting without some innuendo...:whistle:

those RGB leds are actually really useful, i have a bunch of them connected to battery packs, for house parties...

Crenshaw

Monocrom

Flashaholic
Let's just say that a strobe light can be awfully "fun" with the ladies.... provided your date doesn't get seizures, and you don't aim it at her eyes.

Fenix P3D has strobe feature..... :sssh:

GregWormald

Enlightened
Absolutely, often use a tailstanding light on low for very late evening entertainment illumination. (Sometimes this was TV watching!)
Just did a trip around Thailand and used my Fenix this way often. The dimmest hotel light was either too bright, or the switch was too far away. A bit of coloured paper and we could have whatever mood we wanted.
Greg

raggie33

*the raggedier*
well to me i rather lead her down to a moon lite beach .and hada blanket already layed out .with chocalate covered strawbeerys and some smooth jazz. sit there and look into her eyes and read her poetry to the tide washed over are feet and legs.but i have no clue about this stuff

Monocrom

Flashaholic
Perhaps not exactly the best example of Light and Romance.... But I stumbled onto this very romantic spot in lower Manhattan. Nothing too special during the day. But at night it's a totally different story.

one problem. Like many spots in expensive, trendy, lower Manhattan; it's a bit rat-infested. I've found that my L4 is great for keeping the rats at bay.

So, take a lady down to my special spot; and bring my L4. (Just in case).

Marlite

Enlightened
IcantC: haha no! she ask me to post it! and wanted to see if we wernt the only ones that did that sort of thing :crackup:

What sort of thing? Strobe really puts a damper on things. :poof:
Turning on SOS and nobody....!:popcorn:

Low works good tho. :thumbsup:

So fun.

marlite

Crenshaw

Flashlight Enthusiast
Actually strobe at a party can do wonders. I was sitting down, thought id try, used my jetbeam-U's strobe...someone said.."wheres is all that light coming from?" turning looking out side (i had my back to the door)...great converstaion starter...

Crenshaw

Status
Not open for further replies.