Flickering older Arc-AAA

paulr

Flashaholic
Goldenlight, I still don't understand why you started this thread. It at first appeared to seek advice about fixing an early run Arc AAA. However, reading further in the thread, it doesn't sound like you are terribly sentimentally attached to that particular light. Therefore the simplest thing to do is send it to Arc for replacement with a new unit. That would seem to solve the entire problem that you first posted about. Or if you still want to try a DIY repair, I see that the roll crimp repair instructions don't appear to be on Arc's site any more, but if you use the CPF search function for articles written by Gransee with the words "roll crimp", you will find a thread with photos and instructions.

After that, you start bringing in a bunch of other whining about your Arc4. I actually did buy one of those and wrote a not-very-favorable review of it (I'm not a fan of computerized multi-click interfaces in general), but it worked the way it was supposed to, and after a while I sold it to another CPF'er, no problem.

It wasn't anything like 6 years between the old company's demise and the new one's appearance. While the Arc6 didn't become available til a while later, it was obvious for a long time that something like it was in the works.

Anyway, while I have a certain amount of sympathy for the issues you bring up, it's completely mystifying to me what outcome you are hoping for at this point. You asked what to do about your flickering Arc AAA and the answer is: either send it to Arc, or attempt a DIY fix. The other issues, where you lost or gave away lights that you had problems with instead of getting them fixed, don't seem relevant to your original post, and seem to result from your own actions/inactions. What exactly is your goal?

Last edited:

kaichu dento

Flashaholic
...and unlike the Arc flashlights I've carried, has ALWAYS worked properly.
All my Arc-AAA's work perfectly and I suspect you have a particular dislike of Mr. Gransee who has twice responded here only to be twice treated rudely.

I suspect that there may be something to do with this, "La vengeance est un plat qui se mange froid", your signature line as your reason for starting this thread. :shakehead

napalm-2002

Enlightened
goldenlight.

this is a forum full of Arc lovers. remember that.
Peter has made a gracious offer to all his customers. ie, the new company losing money to make us happy. and most importantly to give us awesome made in the USA led lights that rock!

send your old lites back or let it go.
Peter did more than almost any business would have ever done.
be reasonable we as a whole beg u!

mike

Last edited:

psimonl

Newly Enlightened
I have An Arc aaa-p.... That is very well banged... for the last 6 years days in day out... It just started flickering.... I'll try what was suggested on this thread and if nothing works, I'll write directelty to their website. I know I'll get an answer...

I once bought a 600.00$ coat from a company that had a Lifetime warranty..... They went out of business. I now know my coat is out of warranty.....

This is how things work...

But if the owner of the new company wants to honorate the warranty of a product made under the old name's company.... That tells me that a man truely beleives in his work...

I know I REALLY don't write often, but I do have been on numerous forums and that guy is, well, very sad.....

I am just happy not to be him...

But please, let that sad thread die....

Oh!!!

Simon

dad3and3

Newly Enlightened
Got to wonder with the generous offer ARC has made if he ever even had the lights to begin with?