Floor standing battery flood light

dragonhaertt

Newly Enlightened
I am looking for a good quality light that can be used on jobsites.
Tool brands like DeWalt and Bosch sell their 'own' lights, but I would prefer to get something that is known to be good quality.
I would like a light that can stand on the floor, or maybe can be attached magnetically to a beam.

A light in this style would be ideal:
71wKQwc2OLL.__AC_SX300_SY300_QL70_ML2_.jpg

Or maybe something like this:
512XD+QabyL._AC_SL1116_.jpg

I own 18650, 17670, 14500, CR123A, AA, AAA rechargeable batteries, so something that would accept those would be preferable.
Does anyone know of a reliable flashlight manufacturer that makes these style of lights?

Kitchen Panda

Enlightened
An idea I've been puttering with is to take some MR16 LED bulbs and run them off a 12 V portable power pack. I've got a 9 ampere-hour portable lead-acid pack that would run a half-amp MR16 flood for more than a full work day. It would be the LED equivalent of those festoons of light bulbs you'd see at construction sites. At least if you build it yourself, you can fix whatever goes wrong with it!

aznsx

Flashlight Enthusiast
I am looking for a good quality light that can be used on jobsites.
Tool brands like DeWalt and Bosch sell their 'own' lights, but I would prefer to get something that is known to be good quality.
I would like a light that can stand on the floor, or maybe can be attached magnetically to a beam.

A light in this style would be ideal:
View attachment 24306
Or maybe something like this:
View attachment 24307

I own 18650, 17670, 14500, CR123A, AA, AAA rechargeable batteries, so something that would accept those would be preferable.
Does anyone know of a reliable flashlight manufacturer that makes these style of lights?

Here's another option to consider that I'm looking at myself. Internal lithium ion power source and mains power (intl. version available) / 12VDC only, but I'm fine with that. Looks rather versatile. Check the 'Data Sheet', 'Fact Sheet', etc. under 'Documentation' for details.

I'm also looking at this more modest option, but not sure how well it floor stands given the small base.

SL has other options as well.

(BTW: GO MAX!)

Hooked on Fenix

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'm partial to the 3000 lumen warm white l.e.d. M18 Milwaukee Rover floodlight. Worked great when I worked on a lighting crew. It's corded (120 volt ac) and cordless (18 volt battery). They also make a 4000 lumen (gen 2) version. If you want something lightweight, get the 1500 lumen light with the side handle. Milwaukee also has a 1500 lumen Rover light with magnets and a clamp. That one is perfect for a scissor lift or mounting to metal. Has a tilt mechanism for the l.e.d. head so you can aim light where you want it. That's probably the one you want. Here's a video about the light:

Last edited: