Found my long lost old 6c! look at that Pachmayr Grip! Update-fixed Pic link.

medmike

Newly Enlightened
She's a beauty, had lost it in move 8 yrs ago. Took me all day to pound out exploded alkaline c cells. Has an awesome pachmayr grip!. Cleaned it up. Now to entertain possibilities. Has Radioshack krypton bulb in it I believe. Rest is stock. Maybe simple ROP mod. Any thoughts? Best place for "pre-c" parts?
Thanks!

Fixed pic (using image shack)

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/607/42723081.jpg/

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Took out your email link. Get your responses here, and welcome to CPF. :wave:

Bill

Last edited:

HotWire

Flashlight Enthusiast
You'll be glad you followed KevinL's ROP instructions. Nice light! The 3864 bulb fits right in the stock socket and is *bright!*

medmike

Newly Enlightened
Looks like I need to start ordering parts!! Any favorite NiMH batteries? I saw sticky on Battery shoot out and looks like Silverfox is partial to Titanium brand.

LEDAdd1ct

Flashlight Enthusiast
Glad you got those little buggers out! I hate it when they go *POOP* inside my lights. Don't ever put alkalines in it again! :)

Let us know what mod you decide to do.

—and,

:welcome:

medmike

Newly Enlightened
Thanks for the warm welcome. I've been lurking around for a few years here and there. You wont believe the abuse this 6c mag took to get blown batteries out. I'm talking several hours of sledgehammer on tent spike trying to push them thru. Inside of tube is "dusty".. I might try to do a light bore out just to clean it.
I'm ordering pelican bulb and metallic reflector soon as I locate MOP 15mm in stock somewhere. Soon as I slap it together I'll report back.

medmike

Newly Enlightened
I think the kind gentleman in the UK was posting on e-b@y, so I just pulled trigger on smooth metal reflector with camm. Also have lens and bulb from Lighthound on the way. Will get pics up for before/after soon! (I'm sure ROP mod pics are a dime a dozen on this site since back in the day, but what the heck....)

Mike Docherty

Newly Enlightened
How is this project going? I am asking because I have the same old 6 C cell light. I want to do something with this, but I not sure which accessories fit. Many aftermarket items specify that the light should have a "C" in the serial number, but mine does not. Good luck!