Foursevens Preon P0

Streamer

Enlightened
WELL, it's the long way around the barn any way you look at it. 4 Sevens needs to re-design the V2 edition OR designate NOT COMPATIBLE WITH RECHARGEABLES (ENELOOPS) ETC.

Got Lumens?

Flashlight Enthusiast
WELL, it's the long way around the barn any way you look at it. 4 Sevens needs to re-design the V2 edition OR designate NOT COMPATIBLE WITH RECHARGEABLES (ENELOOPS) ETC.
Without Official comment,
It is hard to say whether it was the architect who designed the barn to be too small,
or whether the builder substituted/deviated from the blueprints plans that has caused
the larger tractor to stick out past the doors by 2".
Either way the farmers larger tractor he wanted to keep in it does not fit.
And the Farmer can only keep his smaller tractor in there without modifiying something :whistle:

Streamer

Enlightened
lol....THAT's why they put "height" signs on overpasses....so the 18 wheeler doesn't peel his cab top off like a sardine can. 4 7's out of respect should "sign" the same. Advertise it. Up front. "rant off"

Got Lumens?

Flashlight Enthusiast
lol....THAT's why they put "height" signs on overpasses....so the 18 wheeler doesn't peel his cab top off like a sardine can. 4 7's out of respect should "sign" the same. Advertise it. Up front. "rant off"

Agreed.
I am sure that Four Sevens is aware that some folks like and want to use Eneloop and square shouldered button batteries in these lights. We await to see a response. Either a driver PCB change, or a non-recommend for square shouldered button cells is needed to put this to rest.:candle:

GL

ama230

Enlightened
To those who can relate on certain issues with the light.

First and main issue resolved:

I have put solder on the positive contact ( Approx 1mm ) on the PCB and it works great. I use only lead free stuff. This had fixed it permanently. I had also taken out the pill just to clean and re-torqued with blunt tip tweezers. This is to ensure a proper conductive path.

Second Issue, works but is going to fail again soon:

The o-ring has lasted me a few weeks and worked great. Then the other day I went to use it to do normal stuff at night and the head was tighter than normal. I also put good o-ring grease and make sure there are no sharp edges. The light came milled nice and its not the cause of the problem. Then when I went to take off the head the o-ring had seized to the head of the light and held in place when I unscrewed the head off. You can imagine what happened next. It chewed through the o-ring and now its gone.

I have looked at the DGQ II light as most on here say they are very similar in build and specs. So I went on CNYqualitygoods and got a set of the o-rings as I know they need to be at least a 12mm ID and 1mm thick in order to work properly. So I hope that these work and if they do I will send a few to those who are close as they are going to take three weeks with shipping from china.

Then today I was calling around to find a local place, perhaps to find a hobby shop or hardware store that would have a decent selection of o-rings. Napa was the best deal as the rest of the places you would think of (I mean ALL of them ) didn't have anything that was quality. I ended up getting a half dozen of 1/16" thick o-ring that had an ID of 5/16" and it was hell to get it to stretch. The rest of the companies have ones that are non elastic and pliable. It had fit and was still too thick, so I took my Leatherman Style CS, since I am inpatient and proceeded to ruin the first o-ring by cutting too thin and snap!. Then the second time I had got it just this enough and smooth, then I had rolled the o-ring over to have the rolled edge facing outward and it had fit. I need a softer material, like the one it came with but just and internet search is not coming up with much as most I know in here are still looking. I was not going to put thread tape on it and it needs to be water proof for an EDC light.

If there are any that could list some solutions as well as suppliers that would sell o-rings that are the same size or specs needed. It would be very much appreciated as my o-ring is going to do what the original did and need ready to go back-ups. Mine works but is tighter than heck.

Then there is a third problem but can deal with it:

I just noticed this the other day when I was looking at the gitd feature. The optic/lens has spider cracks in it and is all over the lens. It does not hurt performance or hurt the beautiful beam but is noticeable in close observation at an angle on low or from the glow of the gitd film. I would like to find a replacement or other options. Please help me, if not I can deal with it as Its going to get replaced once another failure comes up. They are going to take the light as I have not modified it at all and damage was due to no disclaimer.

Thanks for reading my post and hope to hear on some of the remedies.
Eric

Last edited:

Got Lumens?

Flashlight Enthusiast
To those who can relate on certain issues with the light.
Second Issue, works but is going to fail again soon:
The o-ring has lasted me a few weeks and worked great. Eric
Have you tried an orthodontist? When I had braces many many many moons ago, there were at least 12 different sizes of rubber orings you mention.

Four Sevens has switched the original design of the oring for a better one. Have You tried calling them for the new updated oring?
GL

jorn

Flashlight Enthusiast
Jorn,
I don't think that would work. There is physically not enough space for the Eneloop positive contact to fit between the two components on the driver board on several samples of P0's. Do you mean crimping the Eneloops positive contact to smaller diameter than ~3.5mm? :thinking: If so the insulation wouldn't be needed. You could soldier a 2mm long 24ga wire clipping to the Eneloops top :shrug:
It works. Mine crapped out yesterday. Fixed with a straw condom :) I just dont know how long it will work. The suggestion was for a fix if yours already is shorted.. Many p0's have the problem that the eneloop nipple fits. But when you start to use it alot, the nipple can eat its way trough the side of the ic and short out. (I think those vent holes might act like a metal cutter the when the battery rotates.) The battery wobbles slightly sideways and slowly eat's the sides of the ic's until it shorts out. The solder blob is a more permanent fix.

mrlysle

Enlightened
Great job as usual on the review sir! The L92 runtimes are pretty good methinks! I'm anxious to see what the low mode times are on L92's. Thanks for another great review!

Myfka

Newly Enlightened
Mine is working great. The magnet is really handy.

PAP3j.jpg

What knife is it?

Nonprophet

Newly Enlightened
I'm using mine with eneloops--no problems at all! I ordered mine 1/25 or so and just got it a few days ago. I don't know if mine is an "updated" one or not. Great little light......!!! NP

Last edited:

Nonprophet

Newly Enlightened
Just to clarify, is 47's saying that using an eneloop in the P0 will void the warranty? I see where they warn against using li-ion cells that are too high in voltage, but I don't see any warnings about using eneloops..... NP

ProjeKtWEREWOLF

Newly Enlightened
I am impressed with the form factor and the magnetic rear. I'll grab one as soon as I can find one in the UK

MY

Enlightened

My two PO examples have always worked fine with eneloops. A friend also has two and it appears that the inside diameter opening of the foam washer is too small to make contact. However, once the foam opening is enlarged through repeated use, contact is made and operation is normal. Based on my limited sample of 4, I do not think that these broad statements of incompatability may be accurate.

Regards.

Streamer

Enlightened
My two PO examples have always worked fine with eneloops. A friend also has two and it appears that the inside diameter opening of the foam washer is too small to make contact. However, once the foam opening is enlarged through repeated use, contact is made and operation is normal. Based on my limited sample of 4, I do not think that these broad statements of incompatability may be accurate.

Regards.

Yes, based on your limited sample of 4, I can agree....but there are thousands in circulation. Proof of the potential problem has already been reported by GL and Selfbuilt. Broad Statement? i don't think so. Just an alert is all it is.