FourSevens XM18

ico

Enlightened
I think not. There's no point in just upgrading the emitters if the light itself is hard to sell. The xml2 doesn't even have that much of an upgrade from the xml

kj2

Flashaholic
I think not. There's no point in just upgrading the emitters if the light itself is hard to sell. The xml2 doesn't even have that much of an upgrade from the xml

Would be nice if they make a smaller version. Something with 6/8/10 leds.

Tmack

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hey guys. I'm interested in one of these, but is it brighter than my high beams? :p

Last edited:

romteb

Enlightened
Keep in mind, the light not being weather resistant, it's uses are rather limited, should be quite fun though.

Fireclaw18

Flashlight Enthusiast
XM18 seems kinda pricey.

You could achieve the same brightness for less than $350 by buying eighteen $20 lights and a big roll of duct tape.

martinaee

Flashlight Enthusiast
XM18 seems kinda pricey.

You could achieve the same brightness for less than $350 by buying eighteen $20 lights and a big roll of duct tape.

What light can you buy that is at least as reliable as FourSevens products that puts out a minimum of 800 lumens reliably for 20 dollars? Sure there are P.O.S. lights that have xm-l's jammed in them, but nothing up to Fenix quality levels or other similar companies. Also, If you do go that route have fun turning them on and off every time you want to use it, dealing with the heat internally in the "wrap pile", and also have fun with the 18650's you'll need to charge.

I would love to play around with one of these for a week for photography. A light like this has so much potential for photography or videography work assuming it can be mounted and directed easily.