Frankenstein Creation.

orb

Flashlight Enthusiast
As a result of some recent R&D I am privileged to share with you our latest FAIL

P1030525.jpg

Well!! I guess you can't always get it right....
Feel free to correct me if I'm wrong? Funny thing is I think its Butt ugly, just looks wrong.
So the funny thing is a few who have seen it in the flesh actually like it!!!
Is it just me who thinks Frankenstein has been in the Lummi workshops?
Practically it kinda works, perhaps if the carabineer swiveled it may be better.
Nah! whom I trying to kid. :crackup:

P1030526.jpg

P1030528.jpg

What seriously may come of this is a nice machined carabineer, rather than the normal casting approach.

Interested to know what you think?
Frankenstein :thumbsdow Or Stunningly attractive :thumbsup: lol

Last edited:

lumafist

Flashlight Enthusiast
How much do you want for that...?

I likes..!
Would be awesome to have on the backpack....!

wapkil

Enlightened
As a result of some recent R&D I am privileged to share with you our latest FAIL

Looks like a carabiner in my Leatherman Skeletool. Does it also double as a bottle opener? :)

gollum

Enlightened
err.. I see your dilemma Rob ...
I can't decide whether it looks good or bad
so I would say that it needs a redesign/alteration,
its got potential... the only thing I can think of is the cheap carabiners that have the torch part as the main shaft of the carabiner,a quality version of that type would be nice with your style of design

fisk-king

Flashlight Enthusiast
where do I need to send my money:paypal:

it looks nice to me but my only suggestion would be to extend the tip of the hook past the *fastener* just a lil.

sjalbrec

Newly Enlightened
hi,

um, no - it doesn't work for me. your frankenstein comparison is a good one. imho, the precision, sophistication, and refinement of the torch (the raw is a jewel quality functional tool) doesn't match well with the bluntness and pedestrian utilitarianism of the clip. kind of like installing a trailer hitch on a ferrari. :D

though, i think having a carabiner melded with a quality torch is a pretty good idea (as already mentioned, it would be useful for backpacks, key chains, etc). however, you'd have to do a complete redesign of the body of the torch to make it all look more integrated. maybe make the torch a bit more plain and the cllip a bit more sophisticated.

i've noticed that there are strong differing opinions about whether or not lummi's should be carried on your key chain. designing a lummi specifically for the rigors of key chain duty (with an integrated clip and protected trits) would certainly fulfill a demand. :takeit:

thanks

Last edited:

HanzoTheFlashlight

Newly Enlightened
That would be a no FAIL preference choice for me to go hiking. NO worries ever for a chain or swivel dangling without a light. Good job man!

Steve L

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hi Rob,

After looking at it a few times, I have to say I wouldn't buy it. Standing next to the original, it really looses something (style?).:caution:

Cheers,
Steve

Eric242

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hi Rob,

I´m with you - butt ugly :) but nonetheless a good idea. I´d say the carabiner should be half the size it is now and the body/carabiner part would have to be designed different somehow. Though I have no idea how I would like it to look ;)

Eric

saabgoblin

Enlightened
I think that this could/would work, because instead of putting the swivel before the clip, you can just place it after the clip and it would probably still function just as well as the other way around.

Personally I understand some peoples concern about a failed swivel but since you could easily remove the swivel from the clip, depending on the type of swivel used, you could have your swivel and eat it too.:grin2:

smflorkey

Newly Enlightened
I think it is a pretty good idea. You should fail more often.
+1

I had not seriously considered lights with power sources smaller than CR123A, but this is pretty slick -- to me. Ti is a bit beyond my current budget, but I will keep my eyes open for this kind of light when I get more disposable income. :thumbsup:

jch79

**Do Not Feed The Vegan**,
Rob,
I agree with you, that if it could swivel, it'd be a win. Super :cool: idea, and :twothumbs for sharing it with us!
:thumbsup: john