• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Fraz Labs Mechanical Flashlights (formerly QTC Non-Battery Crush)

TheFraz

Enlightened
Nice drive! :) One more reason I'm glad to be on the list. :thumbsup:

Thank you :thumbsup: - actually made pretty good contact with that one....little 3 yard draw over the railroad tracks....

Looking forward to assembling your light!

Doing some reading on these and they seem to be right up my alley with my taste in lights. Bomb proof!!

That's what we are going for! The lack of electronics really lets you stretch the limits of the durability of design.

I would like to get on this list please. Looks great.

Thank you! You're on it :thumbsup:

Ab So Lutely Love Mine!!!

Glad you do :D. Please let me know if you have any comments - with this new design I want to get all the feedback I can and continue to make the design better every time we go to the shop.

Can I borrow one to shoot at with my .450 bushmaster. You know, for science?

I read about the grim results of the first trials of 6061 armor....but still...:thinking:

That's a great idea! I was considering bird shot, but I never considered machining a plate-carrier.... Start with .22 and go up!

Thanks guys,
-Fraz

Last edited:

TheFraz

Enlightened
Had a productive week in the shop. Pictured below are some of the units we finished (these have not yet been anodized). Pictured from left to right are the Lumenite 18650, Tiny Nugget 18500 (a new addition), TinyTank 18350, and Tiny Nugget 18350. The Tanks and Nuggets are very similar except for the increased wall thicknesses of the Tank. A Tank is also pictured below by itself. I will begin contacting some more people on the list tonight. If they don't respond, these lights will go up first-come-first-serve. We will continue to work the way down the list and it should start to pick up speed as we get the scale more efficient.

GvGrE0c.jpg

V8oSpRU.jpg

vzGUZaB.jpg

Thanks,
Fraz

Trenchant

Newly Enlightened
Sir - Please put me down on the list for one (1) Lumenite 26350. I'll try to shoot you a PM too. Thanks.

pilo7448

Enlightened
I would also be interested in a tiny tank, I really like the 2 tone finish as well. Great job[emoji1690]

Sent from my SM-N976U using Tapatalk

TheFraz

Enlightened
Any updates in this weeks builds?

I had to go out of town unexpectedly. I was able to finish 5 units and get them ready to ship before we left. I'll be back tomorrow and will have an update.

I also have one 18500 Tiny Nugget available if anyone is interested. PM me for info or interest about it. I'll be back tomorrow (I'll also respond to the posts above tomorrow).

-Fraz

Trenchant

Newly Enlightened
Does anyone know whether TheFraz is OK? In his last post he said he would respond to the most recent posts that next day. That was several weeks ago. Just checking.

TheFraz

Enlightened
Does anyone know whether TheFraz is OK? In his last post he said he would respond to the most recent posts that next day. That was several weeks ago. Just checking.

I am definitely still here. Thanks for asking :D.

I am sorry for not responding promptly after my last post (family emergency which seems to be par for the course of 2020). Here is the most current update:

Sales status: I have 3 Tiny Nugget 18350s assembled, tested, and ready to go. According to my list the next 3 are
@ObijuanKenobe
@Eciton
@Tixx

I will also PM these 3.

I also have an 18650 ready for
@justanotherguy

TinyTank
@Nightshade (your bare aluminum unit is ready to go after polishing).

We are at the shop now making more parts. It has been the goal to increase scale as the design gets refined, so we have been concentrating more lately on making fixturing for complex parts to greatly increase our time efficiency. The design is now almost entirely custom from-scratch CNC parts. It has been a bottleneck doing these as one-offs, but I did not want to create complex fixtures and jigs before the design was torture-tested. Some of the stuff can be seen on Instagram here: https://www.instagram.com/frazlabs/?hl=en or at our youtube channel here: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC221683jG_oP9uSUF-D2RAw/videos if you guys are interested in the development process. I try to release new vids/info as often as possible, but sometimes it gets put on the backburner.

Again, I thank you guys so much for your patience and interest in this light. We will continue to try and improve it daily.

-Fraz

TheFraz

Enlightened
Here's a pic of one of the fixture designs we just updated in the last few days. Helps us make part of the piston assembly that holds the QTC. These things were very....interesting to keep in tolerance before.

z2CBfRE.jpg

I'll try to update the thread more often with stuff like this for those that are interested in the actual development aspect.

Sos24

Enlightened

I am sorry for not responding promptly after my last post (family emergency which seems to be par for the course of 2020). Here is the most current update:

Sales status: I have 3 Tiny Nugget 18350s assembled, tested, and ready to go. According to my list the next 3 are
@ObijuanKenobe
@Eciton
@Tixx

I will also PM these 3.

@justanotherguy

TinyTank

We are at the shop now making more parts. It has been the goal to increase scale as the design gets refined, so we have been concentrating more lately on making fixturing for complex parts to greatly increase our time efficiency. The design is now almost entirely custom from-scratch CNC parts. It has been a bottleneck doing these as one-offs, but I did not want to create complex fixtures and jigs before the design was torture-tested. Some of the stuff can be seen on Instagram here: https://www.instagram.com/frazlabs/?hl=en or at our youtube channel here: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC221683jG_oP9uSUF-D2RAw/videos if you guys are interested in the development process. I try to release new vids/info as often as possible, but sometimes it gets put on the backburner.

Again, I thank you guys so much for your patience and interest in this light. We will continue to try and improve it daily.

-Fraz

Great to hear that you are alright but sorry to hear about the family emergency. Hopefully everything is better now.

I sent you a pm about wanting a Tiny Tank, to get on the list.

Trenchant

Newly Enlightened

@ObijuanKenobe
@Eciton
@Tixx

I will also PM these 3.

@justanotherguy

TinyTank

-Fraz

Thanks for the update. I'm glad that you're OK and I hope things are better with your family issue.

nightshade

Enlightened
TinyTank

No rush, when you are ready, I'm ready :) Just pm me. Hope you and yours are well.