• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Sold/Expired FS: Bezel removal tools for M3 and M6

akflash

Newly Enlightened
RPM, thanks for making this great tool! Got my M3 bezel tool last week and had all three of my Z46's apart in no time after boiling for just a few minutes. Your tool fit them perfectly and left no marks at all on the bezels - or the tool! Now I'm all ready for some NB drop-ins.

warubozu

Newly Enlightened
Can some explain to me what's this boiling process I've read being mentioned in many bezel/lens removal threads and is it a necessary process to get the job done? Thanks

RPM

Flashlight Enthusiast
Can some explain to me what's this boiling process I've read being mentioned in many bezel/lens removal threads and is it a necessary process to get the job done? Thanks
The head is placed in a zip lock type bag and placed in boiling water to heat it up. Maybe someone can chime in here that has done it.... I have always used a heat gun to heat up the head. Basically it helps break the thread locking compound used in stock heads. Without heat they can be a bear to remove.

akflash

Newly Enlightened
That's all I did, placed the head in a zip lock freezer bag and boiled it for a few minutes. I removed it from the bag (head was totally dry) and placed it in my padded vice. The head was a little too hot to handle without gloves, but not hot enough to melt the padding on the vice jaws. The bezel twisted off easily, but felt like there was peanut butter in the threads. After it was all apart, I cleaned off the black thread blocker crud that was all balled up. I put it back together without any thread locker because I want to be able to open it again later. Once I settle on a drop in, I'll probably put thread locker on the two that are weapon light heads. I didn't actually try to remove the bezel before heating, and after doing the third head, I realized I should have tried it without heating just to see. But there was thread locker in all three of the heads I have.
Hope that helps!