• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Sold/Expired FS: custom made forward-clicky switch for SF P/G/C/Z tailcap

NetKidz

Enlightened
LightJunk,
whitedoom34,

Switch shipped on Nov.22 morning. Tracking number PM'ed to you.

Thanks again. :)

KAP

Newly Enlightened
any suggestions for getting a glued retaining ring out of a G2 tailcap?
ive mangled the retaining ring trying to get it out and it will NOT budge.

ElectronGuru

Flashaholic
any suggestions for getting a glued retaining ring out of a G2 tailcap?
ive mangled the retaining ring trying to get it out and it will NOT budge.

You can try smacking the boot, but heat is the best method.

Boil it in water or back in the oven, 200 degrees or so.

donn_

Flashaholic
They seem to vary a great deal. I've had some which didn't need heat at all, and just popped right out, while others wouldn't respond even to boiling in a bag, and had to be cut out with the Foredom.

NetKidz

Enlightened
Hi ElectronGuru and donn_,

Thanks for answer it. :)

------

Hi KAP,

If the retaining ring was already broken, you may be able to peel it off but be careful with the thread. Or you could put it in zip bag and boil it for several times until you could remove it.

Some G2 tailcaps have lots of glue. But all my G2 were easy to open. :devil:

Thanks.

rje58

Enlightened
I'm looking for a good forward clicky or mod for Solarforce L2s... has anybody tried these as replacements in the stock L2 reverse clickys?

NetKidz

Enlightened
I'm looking for a good forward clicky or mod for Solarforce L2s... has anybody tried these as replacements in the stock L2 reverse clickys?

I didn't try it myself. Some users reported it's okay but you need another washer to raise the contact. (L2's tailcap is deeper)

Thanks.

rapidboy1

Newly Enlightened
Mine arrived safely and was very easy to install - works great - many thanks.

:thumbsup:

^^Nova^^

Enlightened
Mina arrived a couple of days ago. Thanks NetKidz.

As for the G2 tailcap, mine was super glued, but not the retaining ring, the small rivet. I had to cut out the switch boot and press out the rivet from the back of the tailcap. Everything had been heated with a heat gun, so that may have helped.

New one works well.

Cheers,
Nova

ElectronGuru

Flashaholic
As for the G2 tailcap, mine was super glued, but not the retaining ring, the small rivet.
I had to cut out the switch boot and press out the rivet from the back of the tailcap.

This technique will overpower any rivet, just make sure the punch is narrow enough to fit through the rivet hole (2mm):

1zqtwt0.jpg

Linger

Flashlight Enthusiast
:twothumbsThis switch is a very nice upgrade. The action is smooth and easy, it's a long range of travel so accidental activation seems unlikely. I'm very happy with it, and I will order more:D.

mod for Solarforce L2s... has anybody tried these as replacements in the stock L2 reverse clickys?

Totally fine. I put this forward clicky in a black replacement L2 tailcap (has semi-recessed button and can tailstand, looks like same design as 'new' round of anodized tailcaps). Works great, no extra parts used.
I bought a z41 off marketplace to put this in then realized I didn't want to destroy the guts of a perfectly good SF tail, so I kept it and turned to my Solarforce tails. I've resoldered new switch modules to the spring/circuit boards as I've burnt one or two out running incans (IMR's + FMsunlight module).

It's really nice. I think i'll swap out my other reverse clicky for it. It's a very nice switch.

Latest posts