• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Sold/Expired FS M@g80 5680\ 64430 sold

Northern Lights

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: FS M@g80 Dual Power A123x3 9.9v 3332blumens, or 3xemoli 12.6v 3,900 lumens! $15

You are giving this light away. Maybe people do not realize that, raise the price it will sell because then people will notice that this is a top of the line light. High price says that or you can get real technical and read the specs, they say that too but most people just notice the price, raise it, you are giving it away.

I interchanged the Tungsram 56580 with the original Chinese 64430 Missionaryman used tonight in my 2D tri-bored host. The Tungsram 56580 is a RADIAL FILAMENT and without frosting it the beam was brilliant, a large clean hot spot. Standing in the middle of the road it lit up beyond both shoulders down about a tenth mile. Over 1400 torch lumens for sure, not sure what the actual top end is.Poor M@g85 was stomped by this horse! Jim, the Tungsram 56580 has tested to taking a higher overdriven voltage than the Osram 64430. It is not going to blow. No $75 driver needed, no residual resistance from a soft start NTC or resistor to rob lumens, it just is not necessary. I am going to get a supply of that Tungsram 56580 because they are so good for overdriving making HOT WIRES.

OK, for the bet from this bump. If you sell this light at this ridiculous low price by Wednesday, midnight, MST. I will send your buyer a $30 value, a gift.

I will send the buyer a PR to bipin socket. A brass cased ceramic socket to run a G4, 4mm, bipin bulb in a light with a regular PR socket; like this one:
https://www.candlepowerforums.com/threads/178144
No bulb just the socket.
OK buyer; get a socket and another reason to build a light around it.

Charging is not problem, look through www.rcgroups.com. Those folks are really advanced on battery knowledge. I got a BC-6 charger and got loose of 8 other chargers. It does all chemistries and is not restricted to low charge rates, it can charge in series or with taps and uses AC/DC.
YOU do not need taps with a BC-6, it beats the Hyperion and most other top end RC chargers and it is not the most expensive either, considering what it saved me over 8 other chargers it was a deal. Without a charger like this, you will accumulate various chargers as you accumulate your light collection. I have a whole new universe now for modding because of a charger. I have built lights with lithium batteries and charging jacks because I can use this charger to charge the cells in the light. Occaissionally I will balanced the cells but the A123 are not a problem, even if they got out of balance they are "safe lithium" and do not have the hazards of unprotected Li-ion.

jimjones3630

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: FS M@g80 Dual Power A123x3 9.9v 3332blumens, or 3xemoli 12.6v 3,900 lumens! $15

NL thanks for the great review of the Tungsram 56580. In Missionaryman's thread on discovery of Osram 64430 I posted a pic, not so good, but can see the filament of the Tungsram is about twice as large as the Osram 64430.

Think you are correct some may not understand the value of a mod by reading about the spec or techniques but only relate to a price tag.

Had priced this low to promote the mod. The more people who get into it, not just this bulb but also the batteries, the higher degree of thermal manangement needed, learning techniques to ananlize and minimize curcit resistance can be a huge learning curve.

Showed Greg a pic of a reflector the surface had blistered up the entire reflective surface. It happened from using these "new" batteries. Getting up to 200w in a hand held flash light can test your ability and the boundries of flash light modding. Hopefully, all of this will lead to advance in reflectors, materials, and high current low mass switches are now being developed and offered by members

Thanks NL for your offer to the buyer!

Last edited:

Northern Lights

Flashlight Enthusiast

I had some email going on with Greg, Litho123, and I had one suggestion, going from a vacumed aluminum to a Chrome plating, not as reflective but more durable. JS was kind and explained the processes better to me than I understood. Seems that is is the undercoating that is plated before the reflective coat that determines the duability.
Any buyer should recognize that this light you are selling is OK, that the defective reflectors are radomly in the batches and that you found one that did not burn out and this light is proven.
We need to start a reflector discussion again, been years since that was explored and led to the current designs and vendors as FM and Litho123. There are Chinese copies available from Kaidomain now. CPF threads give them mixed reviews.
I look at the photo of the light and the host without any internals is worth your asking.

jimjones3630

Flashlight Enthusiast

NL thanks for pointing that out. Yes this light has checked out, circuits, battery, lens, reflector work great.

jimjones3630

Flashlight Enthusiast

NL one day to go for someone to take you up on your kind offer.

You are giving this light away. Maybe people do not realize that, raise the price it will sell because then people will notice that this is a top of the line light. High price says that or you can get real technical and read the specs, they say that too but most people just notice the price, raise it, you are giving it away.

I interchanged the Tungsram 56580 with the original Chinese 64430 Missionaryman used tonight in my 2D tri-bored host. The Tungsram 56580 is a RADIAL FILAMENT and without frosting it the beam was brilliant, a large clean hot spot. Standing in the middle of the road it lit up beyond both shoulders down about a tenth mile. Over 1400 torch lumens for sure, not sure what the actual top end is.Poor M@g85 was stomped by this horse! Jim, the Tungsram 56580 has tested to taking a higher overdriven voltage than the Osram 64430. It is not going to blow. No $75 driver needed, no residual resistance from a soft start NTC or resistor to rob lumens, it just is not necessary. I am going to get a supply of that Tungsram 56580 because they are so good for overdriving making HOT WIRES.

OK, for the bet from this bump. If you sell this light at this ridiculous low price by Wednesday, midnight, MST. I will send your buyer a $30 value, a gift.

I will send the buyer a PR to bipin socket. A brass cased ceramic socket to run a G4, 4mm, bipin bulb in a light with a regular PR socket; like this one:
https://www.candlepowerforums.com/threads/178144
No bulb just the socket.
OK buyer; get a socket and another reason to build a light around it.

Charging is not problem, look through www.rcgroups.com. Those folks are really advanced on battery knowledge. I got a BC-6 charger and got loose of 8 other chargers. It does all chemistries and is not restricted to low charge rates, it can charge in series or with taps and uses AC/DC.
YOU do not need taps with a BC-6, it beats the Hyperion and most other top end RC chargers and it is not the most expensive either, considering what it saved me over 8 other chargers it was a deal. Without a charger like this, you will accumulate various chargers as you accumulate your light collection. I have a whole new universe now for modding because of a charger. I have built lights with lithium batteries and charging jacks because I can use this charger to charge the cells in the light. Occaissionally I will balanced the cells but the A123 are not a problem, even if they got out of balance they are "safe lithium" and do not have the hazards of unprotected Li-ion.

JimmyM

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: FS 3D M@g80 9.9v=3332blumens, or 3xemoli Dual Power Option 100w bulbs!$150

Series charging is important for folks who want to charge batteries in the host. Have head great reviews about Bantam e-Station BC-6 Charger.
Link below has link to Model Aviation review of BC-6. I am not associated with rcaccessory.com or BC-6 company. I do value the opinion of the CPF member I heard the review. Believe BC-6 has balancing rigs available??

http://www.rcaccessory.com/
I've got the BC-8 and whole heartedly endorse this charger. It balance charged up to 8 Li-Ion/LiPO cells and a pile of NiMH cells.

Northern Lights

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: FS 3D M@g80 9.9v=3332blumens, or 3xemoli Dual Power Option 100w bulbs!$150

I've got the BC-8 and whole heartedly endorse this charger. It balance charged up to 8 Li-Ion/LiPO cells and a pile of NiMH cells.
I am using the BC-6. I got rid of 8 other chargers. Can do all the 6 chemistry types. It will interphase with your personal computer if you want and it is AC/DC input where most RC chargers are DC powered only and it has a balancing harness that is optional to use, most do not allow either or option. Best yet is its high charging rate. A123 will handle 5 amps charging and thie BC-6 will output 5 amps and do it while others stop at 4 amps. 15 minutes to charge A123 cells. Has all sorts of charging/discharging, storage, quick charge, auto and manual choices. I got mine from rcacessory and love the thing. I now have an open field of choices to power lights that until now I only wished I could build.
I have been charging my CR123, 14500, 18650, A123, Emoli, AW C, lead gel, NiMh in AAA, AA, C & D, NiCd in tool power packs, all these cells individually and in packs. It allows me to charge in the light with jacks NiMh and Lithium Ion and Lithium Iron Phosphate packs.
Two paragraphs and I only meant to say I am very satisfied and endorse it for flashaholism too.

jimjones3630

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: FS M@g80 Dual Power A123x3 9.9v 3332blumens, or 3xemoli 12.6v 3,900 lumens!

BC charger looking very good, that will be my next upgrade charger.

SR.GRINGO

Enlightened

I have a pile of 64430...will they work and focus in this set up?

jimjones3630

Flashlight Enthusiast

The older 64430s I have will fit and focus, they are about 1mm shorter than Tungsram.

Northen Lights has tested older 64430, newer 64430AX, Tungsram 56580 and he thought the Tungsram the brightest. certainly is heavy duty able to push up to 10.4vbulb IIRC.

The 64430 on 3xA123 instanflashed. Added a NTC and ran stunningly. If you are going to run 64430 with 3x A123 I'll throw in a NTC tailcap mod.

I have a pile of 64430...will they work and focus in this set up?

SR.GRINGO

Enlightened
Re: FS M@g80 5680 &64430 A123x3 9.9v 3332blumens\3xemoli 12.6v 3,900lumens, NTC read

$225 includes One bulb & 3 A123 cells, if have older 64430 which instant flash on 3x A123. I will supply NTC tailcap mod., shipping CONUS. 1st I'll take it gets it, time stamp rules. will post in other forums.

Does this include the matching finned head? Also do the batteries need to be insulated for heat?

Aircraft thanks for pointing that out.
With matching finned head $225.

jimjones3630

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: FS M@g80 5680 &64430 A123x3 9.9v 3332blumens\3xemoli 12.6v 3,900lumens, NTC read

Matching finned head as well as Northern Lights offer expired yesterday. Both were promotional items.

After 15 min. continous run need to grip by the end toward tailcap. Continous run of 10min pretty warm down to switch. A123 and Emoli are 27mm round, inside diameter of this 3D is 35mm

$225 includes One bulb & 3 A123 cells, if have older 64430 which instant flash on 3x A123. I will supply NTC tailcap mod., shipping CONUS. 1st I'll take it gets it, time stamp rules. will post in other forums.

Does this include the matching finned head? Also do the batteries need to be insulated for heat?

Aircraft thanks for pointing that out.
With matching finned head $225.

Latest posts