Fuel cost analysis

PlayboyJoeShmoe

Flashaholic
Since I require a minimum of a 3/4 Ton truck, I couldn't be happier with my '03 Ram 2500 Cummins!

4 tons before I get in! More aerodynamic than my '90 F350 was, but not all that slippery. And at over 30 fillups+ the average holds at 19.3mpg, towing, headwinds and all...

The '90 F350 IHI was averaging 13.7...

ikendu

Flashlight Enthusiast
PlayboyJoeShmoe said:
...my '03 Ram 2500 Cummins...average holds at 19.3mpg, towing, headwinds and all...

And... (being a diesel), it is flex fuel capable allowing it to operate on American produced biodiesel! :)

Good for our environment, our security and our economy; three things we all share in common.

Sooner or later, there will be a biodiesel dealer in your area! ...and you will be ready.

Brock

Flashaholic
3rd_shift said:
Maybe perhaps adding in a Dodge sprinter van at 23-24 miles per gallon on diesel.
550-600 miles a day driving to Houston and back to Dallas 5 days a week is what I use mine for.

Dodge Sprinter vans

The cargo versions as above, are final assembled in the USA.
The passenger ones are built in Germany.

Yup they are part of the VW group, very similar diesel engines to the TDI lineup. And with a 4th baby on the way I might und up with a sprinter van, unless I can get a diesel eurovan sometime soon.