• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Fujiyama addiction.

22hornet

Enlightened
Hello,

A few months ago I bought my first Fujiyama: a SS 3led HP red. Shortly afterwards, I got my second: a SS 1led HP snow.
These lights are really addictive :eek: as last night I ordered another two:
a SS 3led HP blue and a Ha 3led HP snow.

Fujiyamas seem quite dim by today's standards, but too much light might also be a handicap at times. My 1led HP snow (white) falls between a Fenix e0 and an ARC AAA CS. Anyhow they work fine and are of extremely high quality, as ARC and Surefire.
When I compare the build quality of a Peak, next to a Streamlight Stylus Pro or an Inova Bolt (other 2AAA lights), there really is little competition. (Peak is like a Lexus and the others are like ... cheap)

L1060660.jpg

I especially like the fact that they can be had in different led colors: red and blue for dark adapted eyes (caution: a red Fujiyama is really dim) and white for EDC.

Kind regards,

Joris

Last edited:

TonkinWarrior

Enlightened
Hornet, your neat Fujiyama photos make me want to grab a Fuji, since it's one of the few Peaks my collection lacks.

Question:
Have you (or has anyone here) tried a Fujiyama (espec. in tough stainless steel) as a sort of Kubotan Keychain device -- as a stealthy/politically-correct/back-up self defense tool?

I'm thinking that perhaps the Fuji's length and slim diameter would make it easy/ergonomic to slip into a waistband... with a few keys dangling on the exposed end on a couple of split rings... kind of like the Kubotan light that Streamlight used to sell (the one that ran on problematic N cells... and flickered and died out).

Comments?

Your thought re Peak Quality = Lexus Quality is right on target. Peaks certainly have top-notch build quality and durability. Maybe that's why we rarely see them for re-sale on the B-S-T threads.

22hornet

Enlightened
Hello,

Well, it is kinda heavy in SS (though not prohibitively). I guess it is strong enough for it's intended "tasks".

It is not a big light, but for keychain use, the aluminum version might be better suited because of the weight.

Kind regards,
Joris