Future Flashaholics! Kids with lights!

Tmack

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hey guys. From time to time I see pictures of our little ones sporting their own lights. I thought it would be fun for us proud parents to post them in one place. I don't know about you guys, but those pictures always make me smile.

6u5yrube.jpg

I have tons more. Just starting the ball.

My son "Anthony Jr. " has how own v11rvn, a convoy m1, and various AA /AAA lights.

He just turned two and he will work a control ring one handed like he's a grown man. He knows to turn it down if it gets warm. That's better than some of us!!!

Above is some behavior he learned from his father lol. Snapping some pictures of flashlights like a crazy person.

Poor little guy. He'd better get a good job!

yoyoman

Flashlight Enthusiast
Great idea. My daughter is 13 and just went on a weeklong camping trip with her class into the Swiss Alps. She didn't go as a flashaholic, but I hope she returns as one. She's well prepared: A bored SF 6P with a protected 18650 running a Malkoff M61 N L with a diffuser wand, a FourSevens Atom AL (CR123) with the headlamp kit and a ThruNite T10S running on an Eneloop. Sorry, no pics.

ven

Flashaholic
Madison has her AA stainless light,came in handy the other night getting dandelion leaves for her guinea pigs

My lad has a good few lights for 4yrs old(supervised of course)

Callums gizmo

Few of his other lights

Torch draw

Tmack

Flashlight Enthusiast
I knew ven would have lots. :)
ruqyhyje.jpg

Here's ant with a hc90vn, v11rvn, and really showing off my parenting with a razor, hair splitting sharp sebenza haha. Good thing it has a strong detent!

evaba4e8.jpg

Here's him stropping his little blade with perfect technique.

(tear) next to his assault rifle. (sniff)

Last edited:

Tmack

Flashlight Enthusiast
Great idea. My daughter is 13 and just went on a weeklong camping trip with her class into the Swiss Alps. She didn't go as a flashaholic, but I hope she returns as one. She's well prepared: A bored SF 6P with a protected 18650 running a Malkoff M61 N L with a diffuser wand, a FourSevens Atom AL (CR123) with the headlamp kit and a ThruNite T10S running on an Eneloop. Sorry, no pics.

Damn, you sent her off with quite the arsenal.
I would think after everyone on the campsite asks for her assistance with just about everything, she will really see why dad is so keen on his lights :)

Tmack

Flashlight Enthusiast
ada7ehas.jpg

Not your average bear ;)

. Nice mini for your boy ven.
I'm guilty of taking mine car shopping too!

8u2ehe4y.jpg

ven

Flashaholic
Awesome mr yoyo,love it,proper preparation,sure she may make some others flashaholics too:)

Cracking pics Tony,i need to get some fresh ones now but its been summer :laughing: soon get darker,no excuses then:whistle:

Norm

Retired Administrator
I personally wouldn't be post pictures of my kids on the internet, there are too many creeps around, but the choice is yours.

Norm

Light it up

Newly Enlightened
Tmack I believe you are right. Just looking at all these youngsters having a blast with flash lights brings a smile to my face. They are lucky to have such caring parents. I hope to one day have kids of my own and bring them into the wonderful world of lights. :thumbsup:

KQL

Newly Enlightened
My 3.5 year old is showing some signs of being afraid of the dark. Doing some searching on the internet, I see many parents have had luck with giving the child a flashlight to sleep with. I guess the thinking is that it makes them feel more in control. Now this has switched on my "which light would be best" switch. So I'm thinking I want something very dim, single mode that he can't take apart. I also don't want him to fall asleep with it on and run the batteries down for no reason. So I'm thinking a little solarforce host in either a 3p or a 6p configuration with phaserburn's diffusion film and the surefire momentary/twisty tail cap. I can tape the tailcap so he can't twist it to ON, so he'll have a flashlight, but only as long as he's pressing the momentary, once he dozes off, it'll turn OFF.

But which bulb/drop in will give me 5-10 lumen?

Tmack

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hmm 5-10lm.

You think that's enough to make him feel comfortable?
I guess with adjusted eyes it may be fine.

I know they have those pillow lights that cut off in 15 min. And they can switch it back on.

KQL

Newly Enlightened
Hmm 5-10lm.

You think that's enough to make him feel comfortable?
I guess with adjusted eyes it may be fine.

I know they have those pillow lights that cut off in 15 min. And they can switch it back on.
It was just an estimate, as opposed to the 100 lumens offered by the M61LL.

Tmack

Flashlight Enthusiast
Right I understand. Little more than moonlight.

I'm just trying to think of a momentary only switch.

KQL

Newly Enlightened
I suppose I could take the control ring on my v11r down and some low level and then hand the light over to the kid. Even if he leaves it on all night, at a low level it's not a concern. What I really need is a low output, single mode AA clicky, if I can't find a low output drop in for my p60 platform.

yoyoman

Flashlight Enthusiast
Sarah's back from her school trip. She liked the bored SF 6P with a Malkoff M61 L N and diffuser wand best. Said it was great in the tent and used it every night. Checked the 18650 and it is still above 4 V. Great set up.

I don't think she came back as a flashaholic. She returned every light. But she did appreciate the lights. At least she'll stop making fun of me..