G4 10w 12v Halogen Bulb: LED replacement?

Boosted98gsx

Newly Enlightened
I have a desklamp that has recently burned out a 10w G4. Anyone have a recommendation for a replacement bulb? I would like one in warm white, but I'm a noob and just want something plug and play.

Thanks

mvyrmnd

Flashlight Enthusiast
To answer your second post - 68 views is diddly and there's a good reason for the lack of interest:

Which also happens to be the answer to your first post. A 5 min google search brought me to this page:

http://www.lilyleds.com/Products/88/G4-LED-Bulbs

Which had quite a broad selection of G4 LED replacements - all of which look like total crap, using cheap emitters with likely 60-70 CRI and terrible tints.

I'd stick to the halogens, or make your own LED replacement and get rich selling to CPF'ers that would like a nice one.

Last edited:

Boosted98gsx

Newly Enlightened
Well, yea. "LED replacement" being in the title. idk what works as a direct drop in.

I picked one up at ace hardware, but it's too "tall" to fit behind the glass of the lamp, and there is an audible hum from it when it's on.

Last edited:

LEDninja

Flashlight Enthusiast
Earthled has a FEIT PerformanceLED G4 Base Halogen Replacements.

Specifications:
Luminous Flux: 160 lm
Power Consumption: 3 watts
Equivalent to: 20 watt halogen
Dimmable: No
Color Temperature: 3000 Kelvin
Color Rendering Index (CRI): 82
Bulb Diameter: .55 inches
Bulb Length: 1.6 inches
Location Ratings: Indoor, Damp, Not rated for fully enclosed fixtures

Boosted98gsx

Newly Enlightened
Earthled has a FEIT PerformanceLED G4 Base Halogen Replacements.

Specifications:
Luminous Flux: 160 lm
Power Consumption: 3 watts
Equivalent to: 20 watt halogen
Dimmable: No
Color Temperature: 3000 Kelvin
Color Rendering Index (CRI): 82
Bulb Diameter: .55 inches
Bulb Length: 1.6 inches
Location Ratings: Indoor, Damp, Not rated for fully enclosed fixtures

That's the one I got from ace. Really obnoxious driver hum

Julie AUTO LED

Newly Enlightened
I have a desklamp that has recently burned out a 10w G4. Anyone have a recommendation for a replacement bulb? I would like one in warm white, but I'm a noob and just want something plug and play.

Thanks

Firstly I would like to tell you something about G4 ,then you will know why it has obnoxious hum.
G4 has many electronic component,one of them is bridge rectifier,it is the key position,poor quality bridge rectifier will occur this obnoxious hum,i bought some G4 before and didnt have buzzing sound,i think you already know what i mean,hope below information will help you.

Power consumption: 3.5 watts
Lumen:320lm
Bulb diameter: 0.74inch
Bulb length(including pin):1.37 inch,the G4 pin have 0.43inch
Color Rendering Index(CRI):82

Any question about G4,G9,G12 led buld ,you can contact this email:[email protected] for help!

Last edited:

skyled

Newly Enlightened
I've tried many g4 replacements over the years but this one is the best. Problem is I can't remember where I got it. definitely a 10w replacement and if i recall right CRI of 85.

2pq2f6b.jpg

Latest posts