GatLight V2 - now with unlimited brightness levels

mobile1

Flashlight Enthusiast
By the way here is a photo showing all 79 parts that go into each GatLight... With some parts you might wonder what they do, or where they go - all we can say is they all are present in each light...

:sssh:

parts.jpg

Still working on shipping out the remaining lights.... and catching up with emails, pm... (finally done with moving)... sorry to everyone for being a bit slow to respond... but things should get better this week.

mpteach

Enlightened
The parts look pretty self explanatory to me mobile 1.

However I dont think i'll ever take one apart though to find out how easily i can put it back together!!

mobile1

Flashlight Enthusiast
actually there are two parts missing.... one is the spacegrade heat pad that goes underneath the Luxeon, and second the epoxy we use to bond most parts together to one solid sandwich.

Regentag

Banned
That photo is mind boggling! I don't think I'll be taking mine apart any time soon. :)

Just when I thought I couldn't have any more fun with a GatLight - my Titanium one arrives in the mail! Just beautiful! The look and feel are quite a change from the S/S version - smooth as silk and tough as nails at the same time.

Quick question... the molded Silicone "head seal", that bridges the positive battery terminal and the Light Module - my earlier light has a clear one (matching the tailcap insulator; the new one is a baby blue (as in photo, above).

Why the change? Inquiring minds...

Cheers and congrats on another winner!

karlthev

Flashlight Enthusiast
Well Walter is giving my 123 SS a final tuneup and I sure can't wait until I get it back!!

Karl

rmacias

Enlightened
mobile1 said:
By the way here is a photo showing all 79 parts that go into each GatLight... With some parts you might wonder what they do, or where they go - all we can say is they all are present in each light...

:sssh:.

Walter will you be offerring any replacement parts for the GatLight? I seem to have scratched the optic in my light and would like to replace it.

RJM

vandrecken

Newly Enlightened
Ace ! - Looks like my 168S / SS gatlight has reached the UK since I've just had the customs bill (GBP40 / US$ 76 :( ) At least the UK parcels carrier Parcelforce were cooperative for the first time in their lives and have agreed to forward the package so I can collect from a local post office on Saturday morning.

Fingers crossed, thanks guys !

Cones

Enlightened
Hi,

Just a quick hello to say that I got my Gatlight last week.

I've been a bit busy with other things, but hope to take some pictures and write a review in the near future.

I am amazed with the quality and look of this light. I'm still in shock how small it actually is. I've seen the photos and know the sizes but when you get it, its another matter.

Thanks

Mark

flashlight

Flashlight Enthusiast
Just got mine today! :D The hotspot is slightly off-center & the glow-in-dark coated R123 battery I'd been saving from the V1 doesn't fit unfortunately but still an amazing light! :goodjob: Again wishing I had got/could've afforded the Titanium one. :sigh:

karlthev

Flashlight Enthusiast
Well, I'm looking for my 123 that had to be returned (sigh!) for a tuneup. How is it coming along Walter?

Karl

I think my two stainless steel Gatlights are slowly draining their cells out while in the off position. I have a Surefire CR123 installed in each and the lights turned fully to the off position. Yet, over a week or two, each one will not power on and I find the cells dead. This has happened twice. Do I need to adjust the washer spacers in the lights to remedy this?

loalight

Enlightened
I just received my shipping notice for my TiGat... and in 11 days I will be in a Nevada desert with the finest dust on earth (we're talking particle size here).. approaching the fineness of moon dust.

Should I bring the TiGat? Could make for some good picture possibilities up against all the crazy stuff out there. But will the dust be a problem? Seems somewhat likely.

mobile1

Flashlight Enthusiast
A couple of answers... arewethereyetdad.. regarding the drain issue... I can send you a small washer that goes behind the larger washer which completely deconects the back when in off and resolves this issue. A couple of lights (the first ones) were shipped without that washer.. We are adding the small washer to the ones who sent their first batch light in for the brightness upgrade (see previous post). Your light might have been one of those. Just shoot me an email to info at gatlight.com with address and I'll send you the washer.

Regarding Nevada desert dust.... well since you can completely take the light apart it should be easily cleanable... probably some great photo opportunities out there....

Walter, thanks for that. I knew you'd:

a. respond right away
b. have a solution already in mind
c. offer to fix it for free

Your service is outstanding, the Gatlights are remarkable, and I am very, very pleased!

Yes, I will take that remedy washer for both. PM coming. :)

Chris_S

Newly Enlightened
I got my Gatlight today, but no additional rechargable battery nor a charger! (both of which I paid for a month ago)

Anyone else have this problem?

Dr_Joe

Enlightened
arewethereyetdad said:
I think my two stainless steel Gatlights are slowly draining their cells out while in the off position. I have a Surefire CR123 installed in each and the lights turned fully to the off position. Yet, over a week or two, each one will not power on and I find the cells dead. This has happened twice. Do I need to adjust the washer spacers in the lights to remedy this?

I had the same problem, then I noticed (in complete darkness) that though my Gatlight was switched off as much as possible, there was still the faintest flickering glow from the LED ! :eek:oo:

My solution was to remove a washer from the switch. :whistle:

I'm glad Walter has come up with a fix for this as mine is in the mail to him right now for the conductivity fix.

I have to say that Walter and Kyle are providing such outstanding service that I am in no way upset regarding these little issues. I love my Gatlights ! :rock:

I only wish some other recent flashlight purchases with MAJOR problems (like tritium vials precariously stuck to the exterior) had even 10% of the support Walter and Kyle are providing. :bow: :thumbsup:

Last edited:

srvctec

Flashlight Enthusiast
Dr_Joe said:
I only wish some other recent flashlight purchases with MAJOR problems (like tritium vials precariously stuck to the exterior) had even 10% of the support Walter and Kyle are providing. :bow: :thumbsup:

Maybe we can chalk that up to stateside vs. overseas.