Ghosthunting

Burgess

Flashaholic
What IS it about these ghosts, and their "furniture re-arranging" habits ?

Don't they have enough hobbies to keep themselves occupied ?

:whistle:
_

Illum

Flashaholic
I think i'd be more scared of the dozen of us up there!! :lolsign:

Ghosts beware!!! :)

yeah...with all these high density batteries in our light the ghosts would be popping like overcharged caps:whistle:

all this haunted house stuffs getting to me, but then again we really need another of these Dennis Lan... threads:thumbsup:

Crenshaw

Flashlight Enthusiast
What IS it about these ghosts, and their "furniture re-arranging" habits ?

Don't they have enough hobbies to keep themselves occupied ?

:whistle:
_
funny, you would think that instead of messing up, they would put everything back to where it was when they were alive, asuming the dead ghost is moving its belongings...

Crenshaw

RecycledElectron

Newly Enlightened
I was at a family friend's house back when I was about 9. She was an extraordinary woman, in her late 60's, a true renaissance woman. She was explaining to me about her spirit guides (some claimed to be ghosts) and how they would advise her. I told her that I didn't believe in spirits or ghosts. She had a number of small curio cabinets and dressers in her drawing room, with knick knacks and pictures atop them. When I professed my disbelief, a picture atop one of the curio cabinets fell smack over on it's face. The other 4 or 5 on the curio were unaffected. No, no semi's were going by outside, there were no earthquakes. The picture had been leaning back at a 20-30 degree angle, just like the rest. This lady announced that one of her spirit guides was unhappy at my disbelief. The room had turned cold, it was sunny outside and I decided that it was a good time to go play in the sun.

Perhaps that's why I wish to hold the sun in my hand.

Later I became a martial artist in the Japanese tradition and learned from some gentlemen from the Kodokan in Japan that there was more to the human body than the end of one's knuckles or the ball of the foot. If you believe that all you can see is all that exists, unfortunately you limit yourself. To paraphrase one of the ancients, "If you study and meditate in order to walk on water, you never will. If you study and meditate to perfect your spirit, you will be able to walk on water, but you won't care." :D

Last edited:

mossyoak

Flashlight Enthusiast
The Southland with a RedBull in one hand and iPhon
well, since were on the topic, i guess ill tell ya'll about the farmhouse i grew up in. its still my grandfathers house, my dad is a doctor, and my mom figured that i should live on the farm so that i wouldnt end up like some other med-brats that we knew, so i did and i loved it. living on a farm is the best. anyways the downstairs den in connected to a guest bedroom, called the "glass room" because my grandma was very much into making stained glass sculptures after she retired from 30+ years as a welder (she just has to make something with her hands), and she did the work in there. then it was converted back into a bedroom for my aunt because she was sick (heart and both lung transplant in '96, she went into rejection of the organs) and after she died in '02 there were lots of very strange occurances in that room, one that i remember very well was about a year after she passed, it was late at night and i was up watching SNL, and i heard a very large crash in the room, and i knew that one of the glass sculptures must have tipped over, because it was loud as everything. i went in there to survey the damage, but nothing was broken. everything was in perfect order. a few weeks later one night while i was watching tv the connecting doors doorknob (the old box type lock mechanism) started rattling like it was locked and someone was trying to get it, (when i was little i used to play with my aunt and lock the door) i just offhandedly said "quit it" and the door stopped instantly, but i got up to check and the door was locked, and no one ever locks that door, theres no reason. ive never been scared in the slightest when any of this has happened, to be honest i actually feel really at peace. i cant explain it.

also, right after my aunt passed away, whenever my mom would call from our house down to the farm the caller ID would show up with my aunts name, strange because there has never been a number with my aunts name. my grandma nearly passed out the first time she saw it on the caller ID.

Toohotruk

Flashlight Enthusiast

Crenshaw

Flashlight Enthusiast
woe be to the person that is reading this in the cafe at night, in his hall/living room using the computer in the dark. And shame on him if he doesnt have his EDC, or something better like a surefire next to him in CASE theres a wierd noise...

:candle::candle::faint:

:nana:

Crenshaw

Toohotruk

Flashlight Enthusiast
well, since were on the topic, i guess ill tell ya'll about the farmhouse i grew up in. its still my grandfathers house, my dad is a doctor, and my mom figured that i should live on the farm so that i wouldnt end up like some other med-brats that we knew, so i did and i loved it. living on a farm is the best. anyways the downstairs den in connected to a guest bedroom, called the "glass room" because my grandma was very much into making stained glass sculptures after she retired from 30+ years as a welder (she just has to make something with her hands), and she did the work in there. then it was converted back into a bedroom for my aunt because she was sick (heart and both lung transplant in '96, she went into rejection of the organs) and after she died in '02 there were lots of very strange occurances in that room, one that i remember very well was about a year after she passed, it was late at night and i was up watching SNL, and i heard a very large crash in the room, and i knew that one of the glass sculptures must have tipped over, because it was loud as everything. i went in there to survey the damage, but nothing was broken. everything was in perfect order. a few weeks later one night while i was watching tv the connecting doors doorknob (the old box type lock mechanism) started rattling like it was locked and someone was trying to get it, (when i was little i used to play with my aunt and lock the door) i just offhandedly said "quit it" and the door stopped instantly, but i got up to check and the door was locked, and no one ever locks that door, theres no reason. ive never been scared in the slightest when any of this has happened, to be honest i actually feel really at peace. i cant explain it.

also, right after my aunt passed away, whenever my mom would call from our house down to the farm the caller ID would show up with my aunts name, strange because there has never been a number with my aunts name. my grandma nearly passed out the first time she saw it on the caller ID.

Great story! Reminds me of something that happened when I was very young, maybe 5 or 6 yrs old...the details are kind of sketchy because it happened so long ago, but I can distinctly remember sitting with my Mom and watching TV (B&W back in those days) and hearing a strange noise coming from the hallway behind us. We both turned around to see the phone cord flipping around on the floor all by itself...thing is, we could clearly see the entire cord including both ends. This was back in the day, when telephones were "hard-wired" meaning they were permanently attached to the wall and the phone with a heavy cord...no plug-ins like there are these days. It was flipping around fairly violently, banging against the wall and the floor, making quite a bit of noise in the process. We looked at each other, then back at the hallway and my Mom yelled, "STOP IT!" and it DID! It abruptly fell silent on the floor and didn't move again! This was very weird, to say the least!

Well, a little while later, the phone rang loudly (and if you weren't around back in those days, the phones had REAL metal bells in them that were VERY LOUD) and we both just about jumped out of our skins! Mom answered it, said a couple of things to whomever was calling, I really can't remember, then she started crying. When she got off the phone, she explained to me that my great-grandmother (her mother's mother) had died less than an hour before!

The bad news had made us forget about the mysterious flipping cord for awhile, until my Mom let out a gasp...then she said maybe the cord had something to do with Grandma. She speculated that was about the time she died and my Grandpa (the person that called with the news) had told her that the last word she said before she died was my Mom's name!

I haven't thought about that for years and years! When you talked about the doorknob stopping it's rattling after you told it to stop, it brought back that memory.

That was one of the weirdest things I ever experienced!

Toohotruk

Flashlight Enthusiast
woe be to the person that is reading this in the cafe at night, in his hall/living room using the computer in the dark. And shame on him if he doesnt have his EDC, or something better like a surefire next to him in CASE theres a wierd noise...

Crenshaw

Right now, I am surrounded by flashlights!!! :whistle:

Shreknow91

Enlightened

Crenshaw

just cause u said that i now have a streamlight litebox, surefire G2, and a fenix P3D CE Q5 within 1 foot of me and im sitting on the couch right underneath the lightswitch that turns on the ceilingfan light...
yes... i do spook easily

oh yeah, and my 6 foot 2 350 pound dad on the couch next to me
and the two dogs (great dane(= horse) and a pug) at my feet

:poke::whistle::faint::duh2::eek::thumbsup:
i think im set

Crenshaw

Flashlight Enthusiast
i guess its good that i am reading this in the office, thats fully lighted, and many people around me....haha...and i use my computer at home sitting up in bed..with my LODCE and Jetbeam U on two magnets bluetacked to the wall beside my bed, and all the rest of my lights on a shelf above me, arms reach away....

Shreknow91, good job...:twothumbs

although no amount of muscle power will help you against a ghost, or biting power for that matter..

muahahaa..

oOoooooO..(nahhh, its just the wind)

Crenshaw

Burgess

Flashaholic
to Toohotruk --

Your "telephone cord" story was riveting ! :twothumbs

Thank you for sharing that with us.

Keep 'em coming, folks !

:eeksign:
_

shakeylegs

Enlightened
Are there any CPFers from Atchison, Kansas? Travel channel is running a spookumentary, calling Atchison the scariest place in the US, where "ghosts of all sorts are said to frolic". Sally, the man hating ghost and dozens more. Perhaps an annual Atchison flashapalooza is in order.

dudemar

Flashlight Enthusiast
My grandma's house in Japan is quite creepy. She lived in the mountains where it's not very populated, and at night it's pitch black (next time I will bring my Xenide and 10 extra battery packs). One time my mom was praying with family members, when she thought she heard someone opening the front door over and over again. She thought it was my cousin playing around, so she went to look- there was nothing there. A few minutes later it happened a second time, and again, nothing there. Later that day we found out my uncle had passed away, and it was around the same time that my mom heard the front door open and close.

On a separate occasion, my aunt thought she heard someone "running" or "stomping" in the bathroom. She took a look, but saw nothing. Again, it turned out someone else passed away that day, around the same time the noises occurred.

After that I dreaded taking a bath - especially at night.:crazy: Luckily I didn't see or hear anything.

It would be cool if I could invite TOOL to play their songs there in the middle of the night, to exorcise a few ghosts. Not that they'd come, lol. On another off subject joke, me and my brother always kid each other on playing Doom 3, Silent Hill or Fatal Frame in front of my grandma's house, in the dead of night. That would be pretty sweet, lol; I'm sure it would trump any haunted house!

I know we have quite a few camera aficionados, how about "ghost photography"? It'd be interesting to hear input on this subject. My family in Japan is into this kind of thing a lot, they always try to make things out in snapshots. Some snaps have little circles or blobs, other times the images are downright creepy (faces, figures, etc.).

I'm ALWAYS scared of ghosts, even though I've never seen or experienced one.:eek: Whenever I'm by myself at 3:00AM typing on CPF, I always think of The Grudge.

Dudemar

Last edited:

-walle-

Newly Enlightened
I went ghost hunting a couple of years ago. I'm not sure i have the film anymore, but we taped most of it. In the middle of us using the ouija board our only turned on flashlight went out for no aparent reason. One guy says "guys. I think i just heard something behind me" we were out of there pretty damn quickly. The camera hadn't crapped out like the light so we were able to see it all on video afterwards, it was as described, but right before the guy says he thaught he heard something you can fairly clearly hear this really creepy voice whispering "somebody".

The place is called okie pnokie i think.

jayflash

Flashlight Enthusiast
On several occasions the cemetery became dead (no joke) silent when visiting my father's grave at night - the passing cars, blowing wind and leaves became inaudible. This may be due to some, temporary, physical change in me, but I'm not scared and feel relaxed at night, so who knows? Maybe it becomes quiet so I can listen.

verbie

Enlightened
i'll read those ghost experiences in the morning. if i read them now, i'd have to make my sister sleep with me tonight, hihi. anyways, i would NEVER go ghost hunting! have never seen one and never want to see one either! YIKES!

Toohotruk

Flashlight Enthusiast
I just finished reading the "Dennis Lan?" thread...I have to say that was the most interesting and fun thread I've ever had the pleasure of reading!

To Phaserburn-Should you decide to continue the legend and start another thread on the subject, please let us all know by posting on this thread. :huh: And a big thanks for giving us all a great story and for letting us follow along as you try to unravel the mystery. :thanks:

This thread has great potential...I just LOVE this sort of thing, so keep on posting your stories people! :thumbsup: