GLADIUS/INSIGHT TYPHOON SEOULED(P4) MODDING ***UPDATES & DISCUSSION ***

Status
Not open for further replies.

ygbsm

Enlightened
Gladius X1 -- Is it possible to pay by US Postal Service Money Order, for example, by sending the MO in advance of the actual light? (I know it was asked before, but I guess answered in a PM) Thanks.

DevL

Newly Enlightened
Have Gladius in a box waiting to ship... have not received shipment location via Email.

GLADIUSX1

Enlightened
Check email.DevL
GLADIUSX1:rock:
DevL said:
Have Gladius in a box waiting to ship... have not received shipment location via Email.

Last edited:

glenn_r

Newly Enlightened
I'm very interested in this modification, as my Gladius is my primary duty light. A couple of questions:

How's the impact resistance? I've dropped flashlights in foot chases, and a SF M3 kept breaking its bulbs. That's one of the attractions of an LED, besides the strobing--I want the thing to always work. How "secure" is the new LED?

Are any new overheating issues introduced with the new LED? Or does it run as cool? (I just want an idiot-proof, very bright strobing light that I know will work.)

What's the advantage of the new reflector? I have two older Gladius lights--why would I want the new reflector? Not trolling--serious question.

Thanks for your help!

Last edited:

GLADIUSX1

Enlightened
EMAIL SENT
glenn_r said:
I'm very interested in this modification, as my Gladius is my primary duty light. A couple of questions:

How's the impact resistance? I've dropped flashlights in foot chases, and a SF M3 kept breaking its bulbs. That's one of the attractions of an LED, besides the strobing--I want the thing to always work. How "secure" is the new LED?

Are any new overheating issues introduced with the new LED? Or does it run as cool? (I just want an idiot-proof, very bright strobing light that I know will work.)

What's the advantage of the new reflector? I have two older Gladius lights--why would I want the new reflector? Not trolling--serious question.

Thanks for your help!

GLADIUSX1

Enlightened
PLEASE READ IMPORTANT TO ALL.
I have had a lot of guys asking about the reflector replacement .98% don't need it and will not benifit from it ,but others will ,some older Glads had poor reflectors due to bad casting as these are made of plastic.so please don't ask as it will vary and I need to see the light.will not change any reflector till I email the person that might require replacement.these are the same factory ones as original ones in the light.I will be posting schedule system this weekend to control the influx of lights.it is getting very busy and I will have no time for the family and mountain biking ,it looks as if I will limit the amount to between 5-10 lights per week. I will see. so please.check back to get the latest updates and changes.
Thank You Everyone
I WILL ONLY BE MODDING THE GLADIUS/TYPHOON & HDS EDC SERIES OF LIGHTS AT THIS TIME.

Last edited:

GLADIUSX1

Enlightened
We have yet another package that can not be identified:mad:.It was sent with no return address or other information in the package:tsk: and base on the serial number no payment tracking .If the person who sent this package can come forward then I can move forward.not to much to ask.ONE UNCLAIMED GLADIUS.:thumbsdow:whistle:
SO TO REMIND EVERYONE.YOU MUST PROVIDE ALL INFORMATION WITH THE PACKAGE.COPY OF THE PAYPAL PAYMENT. THIS IS WHAT WE NEED.
:thumbsup:
1-FULL NAME
2-FORUM NAME
3-SERIAL NUMBER
4-SHIPPING ADDRESS
GLADIUSX1
:rock:

GhostReaction

Flashlight Enthusiast
Mike is the package from Singapore :thinking:

The Gladius was sent out by my little sister so please pardon me if info were missing

bill_n_opus

Enlightened
GhostReaction said:
Mike is the package from Singapore :thinking:

The Gladius was sent out by my little sister so please pardon me if info were missing

Classic!

You get your little sis to do your bidding?

Awesome. :rock:

I never had the pleasure of bossing around a little sister. :awman:

waynejitsu

Enlightened
glenn_r said:

Thanks for your help!

The lights I had modded are all just as factory, except with a new led.
They would be just as reliable as a factory fresh light, although much better, brighter and usefull:)

SmUk

Newly Enlightened
Hi !
I have some questions ...
I already talked to you, GLADIUSX1, via email (rudi_schiessl@...)
now i have another mate in the USA again
So i would order some lights from ebay in the us and let them send to you ..
but you live in canada as far as i know...
do we have to pay extra taxes if we send it from the us to canada an then modded back to my friend in the usa ?
thanks for information

GLADIUSX1

Enlightened
PM SENT
SmUk said:
Hi !
I have some questions ...
I already talked to you, GLADIUSX1, via email (rudi_schiessl@...)
now i have another mate in the USA again
So i would order some lights from ebay in the us and let them send to you ..
but you live in canada as far as i know...
do we have to pay extra taxes if we send it from the us to canada an then modded back to my friend in the usa ?
thanks for information

GLADIUSX1

Enlightened
UPDATE PLEASE READ.
I've posted new info to the modding & shipping post please check for update .I will now be shipping out once a week.Saturdays or Mondays.At this time I have a little backlog.There will be about 12 lights shipping out ,Please check to see if yours shipped.This policy is due to the fact that I work 10 hours a day and have a family too.I have increased the lead time once before from 4 to 8 days but I have to extend it one more time to 12 days not including weekends .this is only a maximum time and any given light could ship earlier than that.I hope everyone understands and is good with this change as it is written in stone and clearly stated.
GLADIUSX1

GLADIUSX1

Enlightened
One claimed Gladius ,This was a non member.thanx
GLADIUSX1 said:
We have yet another package that can not be identified:mad:.It was sent with no return address or other information in the package:tsk: and base on the serial number no payment tracking .If the person who sent this package can come forward then I can move forward.not to much to ask.ONE UNCLAIMED GLADIUS.:thumbsdow:whistle:
SO TO REMIND EVERYONE.YOU MUST PROVIDE ALL INFORMATION WITH THE PACKAGE.COPY OF THE PAYPAL PAYMENT. THIS IS WHAT WE NEED.
:thumbsup:
1-FULL NAME
2-FORUM NAME
3-SERIAL NUMBER
4-SHIPPING ADDRESS
GLADIUSX1

vortechs

Enlightened
I've been watching the shipping status up in post #123 (link) and I saw that mine shipped today, along with about a dozen others. I look forward to receiving it in a week or two (however long the mail takes).

Thanks GLADIUSX1! I hope you've been happy with the olive drab cermaic finish one.

GLADIUSX1

Enlightened
I will have a limited quatity of factory replacement lens on hand for the modding of the Gladius and also will have some UCL- LDF lens as well.these LDF lens are coat ,anti refractive and have the Light Diffusing Film . COST $15.00. This is if yours is chipped, cracked or badly scratched.These are on order and will be available in one week.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.