Gone for a few days.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The_LED_Museum

*Retired*
Attention all planets of the solar federati...o wait, wrong phrase!!! ;)
Attention all CPFers: This will probably be my last post on CPF (or any other BBS for that matter) until 07-28-08 at the earliest.
This is because my move date has been bumped back (moved to an earlier date), I'll need to pack up this computer today (07-24-08), and I do not expect to have internet access in *ANY* form until 07-28-08 12:00pm PDT at the absolute earliest - at that time I'll have dial-up service available if the telephone company does their job correctly.

So when you don't see me in these halls and notice my website is not being updated daily, it isn't because something bad has happened.

Greta

Flashaholic
Hey Craig... :wave:

Good luck with you move and all that! Hope it goes as smooth as those type of things can go... :thumbsup:

Your thread here and the other one you have regarding the turmoils of your moving got me to thinking that you should do the blog thing. You've got enough stuff to talk about and some great adventures that you could really have quite the successful blog with it all rather than having to update threads here in the Cafe and on other sites all the time and having them drop off the radar from time to time. You could have a link to your blog in your sigline and people could just click on that to see what you are up to today! I think it would be a good idea for you! Just a thought... :grin2:

The_LED_Museum

*Retired*
Hi Kelly,

I'm online only briefly - I had to repair a typo on one web page and repair the formatting on another.

And yes, I did start a weblog (or "blog" if you prefer; even though I do not feel comfortable calling it that :eek:) at http://ledmuseum.blogspot.com/
The link to this weblog is also in my signature line - one of the other CPF admins suggested that I start a weblog, so I did so on 07-08-08. :grin2:

The_LED_Museum

*Retired*
Well, I got a brief reprieve - until ~9:00am PDT today anyway. :thumbsup:
So I can answer my email and do some of the other things I normally do.
But me without internet access is like steak without eggs, milk without the cream, oatmeal without a sweetening agent, etc.

My stepmother needs to borrow my last $300, so the shopping trip I had planned for an hour from now is cancelled. :shakehead

Once we pass 9:00am PDT, I'll not only disconnect this computer, I'll want to wash my clothes & blanket, pack the remainder of my stuff, and thoroughly check the entire place to be absolutely, positively, 100% certain that nothing really important gets left behind - as this will be my last full day at this addre

?UNDEF'D STATEMENT OF THE NEGACHIN ERROR IN 24575
READY.

cursor.gif

;)

The_LED_Museum

*Retired*
Just checking in from the new place.
I'm using my laptop and a borrowed telephone line, so I cannot stay online too long just yet.
But the good news is that - so far anyway - the move has been successful and has gone surprisingly smoothly.
I'll update my weblog later when the main computer is back online. :)

The_LED_Museum

*Retired*
Thank you!!! :thanks:

I'm expecting to be on wireless broadband within the next several days; and only one item was damaged - actually, "deformed" would be a more accurate description; my X-Twin R/C Airplane apparently got slightly squished during transport so that the rear section of the aircraft is bent upward at a noticeable angle. It appears to be repairable at this point, but I have not yet figured out how I'll conduct that repair.
Once I have the main computer online later today or early tomorrow, I'll post photographs of the "damage" on the product's web page on my website.

So far anyway, everything else is kosher. :thumbsup:
O WAIT!!! I did forget something rather important here...there is no space to install the beam cross-sectional analyser here in my room, but the possibility exists that I can set the instrument & its host computer in the garage and transfer the resulting graphic to the main computer via USB "thumb drive" as necessary.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.