Goodbye old friend...

MikeF

Enlightened
I know the spot well. I was at Washington Park myself early Wednesday morning by Smith Lake, the other large lake in the South end of the park. I was at that playground with my Grandsons when they were in town for a visit. My wife and son are heading past there on our way to dinner downtown in a little while. We will swing into the park and do a quick look around. Is the Pump House the building with the pink roof at 39° 42.223'N, 104° 58.321'W according to Google Earth? If we stumble upon it I will get in touch with you right away. If not, I will make a lost flyer to post on the pump house.

An interesting side note, when I looked at the Google Earth street level image towards the "Pump House" I see someone that looks like one of my co-workers with his large Sachtler video tripod and his camera over his right shoulder. Very Interesting. It's the selectable image to the South-East of the arrow painted on the road surface.

Wow! How gracious! We were at Washington Park near the small pump house just west? of the Boat House.

I seriously doubt that it could possibly be there as I lost it on Monday afternoon but, really, that is such a gracious offer that I'm blown away.

I'm just sitting here waiting for my P2D Q5 to show up and wondering if anyone ever noticed how the Golden Dragon emitters really seem to make fluorescent materials glow. I don't remember that with my Rebel 100. Now I'll have to try it with a Q5 when I get a chance.

Cartman

Newly Enlightened
Yup. That would be it. It's the pink house. We were north west of it maybe 5 feet from the building. I seriuosly doubt it would be there but it would quite incredible if it was wouldn't it?

MikeF

Enlightened
Yup. That would be it. It's the pink house. We were north west of it maybe 5 feet from the building. I seriuosly doubt it would be there but it would quite incredible if it was wouldn't it?

Cartman,
We just got home fron dinner at D'Corazon on Blake Street. On our way to LoDo we did about a 15 minute search from the boat house and beyond (Hello Buzz Lightyear) the pump house to the West. There were three of us looking, but there are so many people around the pump house that I would be very surprised if someone hasn't been enjoying a very nice flashlight for several days. We had a couple of distant sightings with elavated pulse rates but it turned out to be the end products of many geese that live around the lake. I also did ask the woman that was in the paddle boat and bicyle rental kiosk if anyone had turned in a flashlight similar in size and appearance to my EDC Quark123-2 and after a search of the kiosk she told me I should ask at the Rec Center. I will call them for hours and ask about their lost and found, but for tonight, I had two hungry people looking for their Mexican Food Fix.

LumenMan

Enlightened
Cartman,
We just got home fron dinner at D'Corazon on Blake Street. On our way to LoDo we did about a 15 minute search from the boat house and beyond (Hello Buzz Lightyear) the pump house to the West. There were three of us looking, but there are so many people around the pump house that I would be very surprised if someone hasn't been enjoying a very nice flashlight for several days. We had a couple of distant sightings with elavated pulse rates but it turned out to be the end products of many geese that live around the lake. I also did ask the woman that was in the paddle boat and bicyle rental kiosk if anyone had turned in a flashlight similar in size and appearance to my EDC Quark123-2 and after a search of the kiosk she told me I should ask at the Rec Center. I will call them for hours and ask about their lost and found, but for tonight, I had two hungry people looking for their Mexican Food Fix.

MikeF,

You are a very thoughtful person for offering your help. It's people like you that restore my faith in humankind :thumbsup::buddies::goodjob::grouphug:

Cartman

Newly Enlightened
Cartman,

Holy smokes! That is awesome... The fact that you put so much heart into looking for the light for a total stranger actually makes me feel quite OK about losing it because its loss showed just how this brotherhood (and sisterhood) of flashlight addicts can be so wonderful.

Thanks again for looking. You have my gratitude.

"May the man, woman or child who found that well used Fenix Rebel P2D Rebel 100 enjoy it and become a flashlight addict too."

Thank again!

Last edited:

jaundice

Enlightened
Wow, you're awesome, MikeF!

I had a similar experience today. It turns out that a thief went into my wife's minivan this morning, parked in my driveway (it was unlocked, as usual :shakehead) and stole my Surefire G2 with a Malkoff M60LL in it. I put it in there just two weeks ago. Luckily, nothing else was taken, but the thief found an extra set of car keys that we'd lost in the car! :crazy: Talk about a close call! We almost had our van stolen. I'm trying hard to be grateful that all I lost was a G2/Malkoff combo. I'm really more pissed at myself for letting this happen.

It reminds me of GySgt. Hartman in Full Metal Jacket: "Pvt. Pyle, if there's one thing in this world that I hate, it's an unlocked footlocker. You know that, don't you? If it wasn't for d**kheads like you, there wouldn't be any thievery in this world, would there?"

Thanks for letting me vent. What went through that guy's mind as he was rumaging through my van, and found the frickin' keys?

-John

Last edited:

1 what

Enlightened
Hi Cartman.
I agree it sucks to loose an old "friend".
However in the spirit of someone sneezing in Australia and a tree falling down in the Amazon you might like to know that at about 0450 hours (Australian Eastern Standard Time) on Wed 5 August 2009 I lost my beloved Inova 24/7 from the back of my mountain bike. I'd used it as a tail light for the last 12 months and usually do pre-dawn rides about 5 days per week. There are a few rough spots where I was that morning and my mount somehow came apart. I didn't discover its loss until got home and I could not go back until the next day. Needless to say I didn't find it. Maybe could not see it or maybe it was hidden somewhere. I put up a few "lost" signs but don't have a lot of hope. Like a true Flashoholic I've already ordered a red glotoob to replace it (plus a spare Pellican red flasher):devil:.

MikeF

Enlightened
Cartman,
I spoke with a woman on the phone at the Washington Park Rec Center and asked about their Lost & Found and she checked it while for me. She said there were no flashlights. She also suggested I check at the Denver Fire House on the corner of Virginia and Franklin Street and the Volunteers For Outdoor Colorado at the large building North of the Pump House. I left a message on the VFOC voice mail and I cannot locate a phone number for Denver Fire House #21 so I will stop by there as well. After that the lost flyers will be the last possibility I can think of.

tnforever

Newly Enlightened
I feel u my friend, i almost lost my L2D in a theatre in hong kong, slipped out of my pocket while i was slouching...

Luckily on my way out i had to call someone and reached in my pockets and only then did i find out my light wasnt there, i ran back and happily find none of the cleaning crews have gotten to my light yet...

MikeF

Enlightened
I got a return phonecall from the Volunteers For Outdoor Colorado and he said they had no flash;ights in there lost and found. This search doesn't seem like it will have tho outcome that I am still hoping for.

Cartman

Newly Enlightened
I got a return phonecall from the Volunteers For Outdoor Colorado and he said they had no flash;ights in there lost and found. This search doesn't seem like it will have tho outcome that I am still hoping for.

Mike, you've gone way beyond what anyone would expect. I think we should just consider the light in the wild and a way to make someone else a flashlight addict...

Meanwhile, I have since received my P2D Q5 from Lighthound.com and I think it may have been the last one. It certainly seems brighter (memory) but ring-ier too. At least more than the small die Rebel 100 and Golden Dragon bodies I have.

Again, thanks for all of your efforts MikeF!

1 what

Enlightened
Hi again Cartman.
Further to my earlier post I received a phone call today from a chap who found my 24/7 while walking his dog in the dark last night. It was still flashing (5 days after being lost) and he'd earlier noticed one of my signs.
Nice to know there are some honest people around. I hope you are as lucky.

Big_Ed

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hi again Cartman.
Further to my earlier post I received a phone call today from a chap who found my 24/7 while walking his dog in the dark last night. It was still flashing (5 days after being lost) and he'd earlier noticed one of my signs.
Nice to know there are some honest people around. I hope you are as lucky.

I hope you bought that chap a nice cold one as a reward! That was very nice of him.

MikeF

Enlightened
Does anyone have an image they could send me of the Fenix P2D Rebel 100 so I could make a flyer? I would grab one off the internet but I'm worried about copyrights.

Latest posts