Green Laser Newbie

Azecos

Newly Enlightened
The one I bought was stated "true 5 mw" but when I pried the on/off button of and turned the pot it just got 2x brighter /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/buttrock.gif

larry2

Newly Enlightened
it sounds like the leadlights are easy to to mod(ie. remove button and adjust the potentiometer) while the changchun units are lot lot more difficult ?

larry

Myx

Newly Enlightened
I remember reading that if you want to fully strip the units down, in order to do a mod... then the Changchuns are easier..

LASERforLIFE

Newly Enlightened
why doesnt it look real? It seriously hasn't been altered. I swear, but they were taken by my Nikon Coolpix 3500 with normal exposure.

aussielextsy

Newly Enlightened
Hi

That link to the mod page was dead. can you please report it.. and will this mod make it run over 280 or 300 or wateva and shorten the life of the diode

Azecos

Newly Enlightened
[ QUOTE ]
aussielextsy said:
Hi

That link to the mod page was dead. can you please report it.. and will this mod make it run over 280 or 300 or wateva and shorten the life of the diode

[/ QUOTE ]

Does the link work now?

wolfensteinx

Newly Enlightened
i was away from my computer for a while. Laser4life thanks for the pics but just outta curiosity could the MOD-2 burn stuff like ants or papper or anything small?

LASERforLIFE

Newly Enlightened
no it cannot, the power is only 5mW, something powerful enough to burn ants and stuff would have to be like a 45mW i think. I'm not sure though, just i know that a 5mW cannot burn. Oh and you're welcome for the pictures.

shadow_of_chaos

Newly Enlightened
i would not try, and to "Lasers for life" no a 45mw cannot burn insects.. because if that were true it would burn black bags and paper, and mine cannot.

DaFiend

Enlightened
[ QUOTE ]
2dim said:
Please don't try burning living creatures, even insects...

[/ QUOTE ]

Hey, ain't nothing wrong with burning fire ants. Introduced spiecies. well, here anyway! Damn little buggers makin' there way down here............ /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/xyxgun.gif Get Back Mofo's!!!!!!

robertbick

Newly Enlightened
When you pop the button off a Leadlight to adjust the pot, how do you glue it back on? Is it just glued on to another smaller button on the circuit board?

shadow_of_chaos

Newly Enlightened
the button is glued onto the black thing surrounding the pot and the small white button needed to be pressed by both of those, watch what you are doing.. when i had a 5MW i did that a few times and the 3 wires from the circuit board connecting to the diode snapped.

DOK_LASER

Newly Enlightened
yeah i did the pot mod and had the button down while i was twisting it and it looked like an explosion of light! those pictures are truly what it looks like and now you can see a really really bright beam at night and sometimes during the day if you look closely and are inside.