Groomsmen gifts

PirateBoy

Newly Enlightened
HI all

My bro is getting married in 3 weeks and he's looking for a great groomsman gift.

I suggested either a knife or a flashlight, since i carry both every day.

he liked the flashlight, so we're going with that.

there are 5 total guys (including me) that he's buying lights for. His budget is $80 each, and he'd like to get them engraved.

What do you guys suggest? I have a few lights already but I'm curious to see what you suggest.

Where would be the best place to get them too?

Thank you so much.

flatline

Flashlight Enthusiast
Does engraving destroy hard anodized surfaces?

If so, you probably need to be looking for stainless steel or titanium lights.

--flatline

Locoboy5150

Flashlight Enthusiast
Congratulations to your brother! :party:

The only flashlight vendor that I know of that offers engraving services is Action Lights and they only do it on Maglite products:

http://www.action-lights.com/browse-117644/Custom-Engraving.html

Talldog77656 just got his Surefire lights custom engraved and they look great. There are some pictures in this thread:

http://www.candlepowerforums.com/vb/member.php?u=117364https://www.candlepowerforums.com/threads/281894

You might want to contact him for information on where he had his done at. I'd also suggest asking around at local trophy shops near you since they engrave things all the time.

PirateBoy

Newly Enlightened
i think 4sevens offers engraving....

i would like to get a light w/a clip....nothing too insane but they are all geeks and i bet we could make them into flashaholics! hahaha

do manufacturers offer discounts for us CPF members?

kdaq

Newly Enlightened
This is what I did for my groomsmen:

• One Maratac AAA each, in natural (order an extra or two just in case)
  • Engraved with initials at my local Things Remembered. They did a great job.
  • Everyone gets alkalines, the best man also got a LiIon + charger (because he's a flashaholic and knows what he's doing - BEWARE that Maratac does not recommend it, and you can fry your light if it gets too hot)

PirateBoy

Newly Enlightened
yea i saw those threads but they have a lesser budget than we do and the recommendations are for clipless lights.

i have the p3d and the ld10.....so i want a different one...

Last edited:

tolkaze

Enlightened
I only really thought about my groomsmen too late to get them a light of any kind, but what I would have gotten them, would have been something along the lines of a 4sevens Preon II Ti Black with laser engraving. Would have fit my budget at the time... but yeah, they ended up with some sucky gift instead

PirateBoy

Newly Enlightened
I just found out from a friend that i may be able to get my hands on 5 surefire e2d defenders....for a decent price.....

should i go for those instead?

vudoo

Enlightened
I am getting married at the end of this year and managed to get a TI Quark 2x123 for my best man and a TI Quark 123 for the groomsman. I will get the jeweller that made my rings to engrave them.

Fender

Newly Enlightened
I did Quark Titanium's for my wedding a few weeks ago, although I didn't have them engraved.

PirateBoy

Newly Enlightened
we ended up getting the Preon II titaniums, engraved. I hope we made the right choice!

forklift

Newly Enlightened
Considering I'm a soon-to-be groomsman, I would appreciate such a gift. If the 4Sevens lights do offer engraving, then that would be top notch. Too bad that the titaniums are out of stock right now - they would have made a perfect 'collectible' gift.

Locoboy5150

Flashlight Enthusiast
Yes, please post photos of the engraved Preons when they arrive.

Did you decide to get them engraved at a local shop or through 4Sevens' engraving service?

Mr Bigglow

Enlightened
I just found out from a friend that i may be able to get my hands on 5 surefire e2d defenders....for a decent price.....

should i go for those instead?

Oh really... is the price still around $80 each? And where is that deal available, exactly? :whistle: