halogen lamp

Spidey82

Enlightened
I know this is kind of stupit
but just want to confirm,
is a 6V40w halogen give out twice the outpup and heat and consume double the energy as a 6V20W lamp.
i am talking abt halogen lamp here

Yes and no. The higher wattage lamp should use twice the power and heat, but it won't be twice as bright, probably more like 1.5 times brighter. It also depends how the lamp is located in the reflector. This is easy to see in the Surefire line where you have a P60 and P61 lamp. The P61 has almost twice the power consumption, but the beam of light gets larger and a bit brighter. So it depends on the lamp placement.

Brock

6v40w lamp? What batteries you will be using, you're drawing almost 7A?

I'm very interested!!! Please let me know.

Alan

i have to lights that is 6V35W(5.8A) and 6V55W(9.1A).
i test it yesterday and even had a video camera telling me when the start to dim.
the both using 6V4Wh SLA batt.
but i am not sure if they are equal in performance.

the 35W light start to dim aft 30min
and 25min for the 55W lamp

the first lamp should be lasting abt 40min, but onlu get 30min out of it.

I just opened up a rechargeable spotlight I own. It is "500,000 Candlepower" according to the label and has a very bright and tight halogen beam.

Inside is:

1. Battery - 6 volt 4.5 ampere hour sealed lead acid. measures 4" x 2 5/8" x 1 3/4".

2. Lamp - halogen 6 volt 55 watt.

3. Misc. - switch, charging jack, charging regulator circuit (recharges from 12 volt source).

4. aluminum reflector with glass face.

Amazing what a lead-acid battery can deliver. As a kid I built a radio control car, and powered the motor with some sealed lead acid cells taken from a rechargeable 'weedeater'. With heavy use of throttle you could keep the wheels spinning constantly, and these are large and fairly soft rubber wheels on asphalt! I think the cells were rated at 2 volt 2.5 ampere hour (the car used 3 of them). In ten minutes of heavy use you could use up the charge.

my 55W flashlight produce a nice close to round beam. it is ½ the diameter of the beam of my scorpion.
it is rated at a million candlelight power.