Has anyone had a LED fail in the field?

RA40

Flashlight Enthusiast
One really low end light. One of those multi-led types that was similar to the Inovas of the time. Put fresh battery in, it worked then next moment...dead. Probably the driver board.

Speaking of the Nite Ize drop in, I have one dead LED.

mwaldron

Enlightened
I had the LED of a Photon-II crack and fall off. It still lit up for a while, but chips of the led kept falling out. They replaced it (just the LED too, amazing they would bother to track and send the same photon back to me).

I had energizer AA's leak and destroy an Eternal Light, which taught me never to use their alkaline batteries again because their repair warranty is a joke....

Haven't had a modern emitter fail yet though.

Hitthespot

Flashlight Enthusiast
I failed in the field a couple times, none of my LED lights ever do:)

LOL, :twothumbs

I had a P2D-Q5 go dim and purple one time after I mistakenly placed two 14500 batteries in the 2AA battery tube I had for it. Imagine my surprise when the light suddenly went dim and purple. I looked down on the arm of the chair only to see two eneloops sitting there. oops...........

Bill

nbp

Flashaholic
I have an L2T that went kinda nutty. The die looks like it burned or something, it's kinda yellowish brown and the the light it puts out is an awful yellow color. It works, but it's such a disgusting color I never use it. I'll probably have to replace the head. :shakehead

Ralph_S

Newly Enlightened
I haven't had any LED failures. I average about 6 light-hours per week, all using LEDs. I haven't had any reports of LED failures from relatives and friends to whom I have given LED lights.