• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

HC90vn - The Best Headlamp

Mashadaar

Newly Enlightened
Just ordered one of these and can't wait to get it. It's going to be nice to have the woods illuminated, hands-free while cutting trails.:candle: Get a good two handed grip on the machete for the larger trees.

mund

Newly Enlightened
I just purchased... :paypal: again, seems like just yesterday that I did the same thing :eek: !

Last edited:

kutrax82

Newly Enlightened
Awating for mine..do you guys recommend to run it with highdrain or normal 18650 batt.

lumentia

Enlightened
Awating for mine..do you guys recommend to run it with highdrain or normal 18650 batt.
It is brighter with high drain cell. My measurement shows it pulls about 1/2 amp more with sony vtc5 compared to olight 3400 mAh protected cells. It isn't a huge difference visually. But if you need all the brightness you can get (that's why we're here in Vinhs forum, right?) panasonic 18650bd would be a good option- at 3200 mah and 10A drain they'll have good runtime and good performance in this light with its medium level demand. I havent checked performance with an ammeter yet. They are flat tops, so you'll need to put a solder blob or magnet on the positive side of the cell as this light requires button top.

Last edited:

CyclingSalmon14

Enlightened
Anyone got an idea for runtimes? On MAX and also on the top of the slider before it goes to Max?

Single cell pushing this much lumens, I think 30mins?

Might not resist this one.

I'll be using a 3400.

Last edited:

Tmack

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'm not sure on max, but I know it does have a thermal step-down, instead if a timed step-down which is much better.

I run mine for hours on a little over medium when I'm sharpening or soldering.
I absolutely love the hc90vn.

The sd6vn is another great one. Mule , magnetic mounting if you want to stick it to your hood. Pocket clip. Very versatile, but the hc90vn is more powerful and throws further.

Sd6vn =indoor
Hc90vn = outdoor

CyclingSalmon14

Enlightened
I'm not sure on max, but I know it does have a thermal step-down, instead if a timed step-down which is much better. I run mine for hours on a little over medium when I'm sharpening or soldering. I absolutely love the hc90vn. The sd6vn is another great one. Mule , magnetic mounting if you want to stick it to your hood. Pocket clip. Very versatile, but the hc90vn is more powerful and throws further. Sd6vn =indoor Hc90vn = outdoor
Cheers TMACK, Did not know that, thats great! More lights need temp based IMO! Vinh said it will run 20mins easy and I guess thats standing still or walking so when rideing a bike it will be able stay on turbo forever (well untill the battery gives out!) but that wont be long at MAX lol! I wont run it on max though most of the time but nice to know I dont have to worry about it. I was thinking more actualy runtime as in how long the cell will last! I guess 45mins on a 3400 as stock dose 900 on a 2600 so 1200 on a 3400 should be about the same! Fine to bump it up for decents and use a lower mode rest of the time with spare cell!

Tmack

Flashlight Enthusiast
Trust me you won't need turbo unless you need to see a good 50yrds. And he'll yeah its a headlamp that'll cover 50yrds.

And I showed in earlier in the thread, it actually achieved wider spill than the mule sd6vn.
The colored led are awesome too.
At work we had knats everywhere. If you turn off the lights and use red, you can just poke them on the wall and they don't move. They can't pickup the red light at all. Pretty cool stuff.

And I've taken it off the headband, and looped the bracket through my belt making for a nice belt light.

JAS

Flashlight Enthusiast
I just found out about this recently. Would this convert to a cap light easily?

lumentia

Enlightened
I just found out about this recently. Would this convert to a cap light easily?
Witb velcro, yes as long as you're not a flat biller. The pastic piece the light swivels on is curved. I think it would be great for a hardhat using velcro.

lumentia

Enlightened
Do you like it? :)

Oh hell ya. Use it all the time. I'm self employed night owl and always doing something at night or in a dark shop so I use a headlight alot.

What's cool is you can set it on a flat surface and angle/ swivel to point it where you need it for an area work light.

mega_lumens

Enlightened
Re: The Best Headlamp Ever Made ;-)

About time you worked on the Zebralight H600 ;-)
Or it's bout time that Zebralight designs an all in one light like this! There are many uses for colored LEDs. So why won't Zebra step up to the game? I'm going to wait for more reviews on this light but I really like it. The only thing that concerns me is that single slide switch durability. And I don't like that you have to go through all color modes backwards to get to the main white light. 2 separate switches would be nice.

b8llzblue

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: The Best Headlamp Ever Made ;-)

Or it's bout time that Zebralight designs an all in one light like this! There are many uses for colored LEDs. So why won't Zebra step up to the game? I'm going to wait for more reviews on this light but I really like it. The only thing that concerns me is that single slide switch durability. And I don't like that you have to go through all color modes backwards to get to the main white light. 2 separate switches would be nice.

if your in off mode, you do not have to cycle through the colored emitters to get to white mode.
from off, slide to the left will turn on white emitter. sliding to the right will enter colored modes