• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

HD45 ???

Polar

Newly Enlightened
How would the HD45 5W copmare to a U2 on maximum setting? More or less throw? Side spill? Tint?

Bare with me cause I don't know a whole lot about LED bins.

Thanks

Kiessling

Flashaholic
HD45 WX1S 700mA:
OutdoorHD45-5high.jpg

F U2 highest level - luxeon lottery at play:
OutdoorU2level6.jpg

In words:
- tint is subject to bin and luxeon lottery
- such is total luminous flux ... and given the fact that the HD45 uses a W-bin ... the U2 might have a disadvantage here. But I do not know the bin of the U2
- the HD45 does not have a donut hole and sports a very tight and bright corona

The rest is apparent in the pics.

bernie

Somy Nex

Enlightened
U2 (primaries)

U2 (18650)

HD45 (primaries), no diff on 18650

=========

U2 (18650)

HD45

All pictures clickable for sizes which you can compare between. This HD45 is recently ordered from the new batch with the NewBB 150/750 WWOT.

WAVE_PARTICLE

Flashlight Enthusiast
correct me if I'm wrong, but it seems in Keissling's beamshots, the HD45 is the clear winner in terms of output and throw, whereas in Somy Nex's shots, the U2 and the HD45 seem neck and neck (tint issues aside).

Hmmmm.... I guess the luxeon lottery in the U2 really throws a wrench in all the comparisons...... :thinking:

WP

erinO919

Enlightened
WAVE_PARTICLE said:
Hmmmm.... I guess the luxeon lottery in the U2 really throws a wrench in all the comparisons...... :thinking:

WP

Yes. i had two L6s. one of them is 20% brighter than the other according to my lux meter.

Latest posts