HDS 325 Lumen longer throw offering...

hatman

Enlightened
Anyone here have an ElZetta? How does the tint of the 325 Throw compare to an ElZetta? If the 325 pee yellow I'm gonna cry

I own the current Elzetta Alpha and the previous one. The new one is too yellow for my taste. (The older is whiter.)
I'm also considering the 325 NLT and would love to hear how that tint compares with the yellowish Elzetta.

desert.snake

Flashlight Enthusiast
Elsette mixes better color. NLT has a very similar hot spot in color, but the spill is more violet.

With a good diffuser, this is not so noticeable.

I would also like to ask something, what can these 2 digits mean, more precisely, I understand that these are nanometers of green and red colors, but why are they written on the board?

BugoutBoys

Enlightened
I own the current Elzetta Alpha and the previous one. The new one is too yellow for my taste. (The older is whiter.)
I'm also considering the 325 NLT and would love to hear how that tint compares with the yellowish Elzetta.

The new one is definitely yellowish. I don't really care for it. The Bravo is kinda rosy and I LOVE it. It's such a nice tint. If the HDS is anything like that, I can't see myself getting another light for a long time

INFRNL

Flashlight Enthusiast
I recently passed along my NLT but from memory it won't be like an AVS. 3 o'clock or high noon, maybe sw45k would be more similar to AVS. NLT has a yellow tint being xp-g3 but I don't recall it being pee yellow. It was a nice light. i have also owned Elzetta previously and just passed along my alpha 315. It had a very nice tint. I think AVS is very neutral/white. NLT I would say is a nice neutral with a hint of yellow. I thought it was a really nice light for a non hicri offering.

GoVegan

Enlightened
I just received a high noon and the threads are just like the photo above... I bought it second hand and wasn't sure what happened. It is the only one of the hds lights I have ever seen like this and I have bought and sold many. I took some sand paper to it and immediately noticed the coating is much harder than I thought... It doesn't sand off as easy as I thought it would. Maybe I need more elbow grease...

I'll add here, that both my HDS clickies (purchased new and direct from HDS Systems in early 2018 & early 2019) are both like the photo, i.e. have anodizing on the outer threads (both end of the body)... and FWIW I never once considered using sandpaper to get rid of it as the threads will eventually wear anyway after many many battery changes. I just guessed that the threads were cut after the anodizing process.

TheJLew85

Enlightened
I'll add here, that both my HDS clickies (purchased new and direct from HDS Systems in early 2018 & early 2019) are both like the photo, i.e. have anodizing on the outer threads (both end of the body)... and FWIW I never once considered using sandpaper to get rid of it as the threads will eventually wear anyway after many many battery changes. I just guessed that the threads were cut after the anodizing process.

I didn't sand off the anodizing on the threads entirely. It's too hard ha. I just simply smoothed it out a bit. I didn't want to wait for 100 battery changes for it to wear in. Especially with the long HDS runtimes. Hogo said it was a bad idea and I have not / will not do it on any others. I currently only have 2 out of my 9 lights that are like this.

WarriorOfLight

Flashlight Enthusiast
I would also like to ask something, what can these 2 digits mean, more precisely, I understand that these are nanometers of green and red colors, but why are they written on the board?
Guess you are completely wrong, it is no nanometers with green or red, it is written unclear :)
The NLT is Cree XP-G3, 3D, S5.
On the Picture you see "635 530". But it is "G3S 53D". :D

Next time Hogo or Henry must try to do it with better handwriting. ;)

desert.snake

Flashlight Enthusiast
Guess you are completely wrong, it is no nanometers with green or red, it is written unclear :)
The NLT is Cree XP-G3, 3D, S5.
On the Picture you see "635 530". But it is "G3S 53D". :D

Next time Hogo or Henry must try to do it with better handwriting. ;)

Thank you! :D It seems that I am obsessed with lasers, these values nm are used there