HDS Second and Final 4000k Group Buy interest thread.

hank_612

Newly Enlightened
I contacted Henry today because of your post. His response is below

"
Steve,

It will take one or two months for the project to be completed.

Henry.

On Apr 4, 2016, at 12:49 PM, Steve Baker wrote:

Henry,

Can you give me an update on the group buy Hogo put together on CandlePowerForum for 4000k XPLs?

"

Str8stroke

Flashlight Enthusiast
All I will say, is no matter what the wait is, IT IS/WAS WORTH THE WAIT!

I have a sneaky suspicion that Hogo is likely not going to spearhead another GB for a while. I don't blame him, I felt bad for him in that last deal. However, I have no complaints. Especially if you read a few custom light threads and learn some folks have waited and or are still waiting YEARS for a light! (mac) lol

FWIW: On a similar topic: Hogo holsters are freaking awesome. He is super fast building and shipping them out.

slim4511

Newly Enlightened
Certainly none of this is on Hogo. I too have one of his holsters and it is outstanding in every way. BTW, thanks Hank for reaching out to Henry.

rumack

Enlightened
Another one to two months? *sigh* That is disappointing. I think my biggest issue with the delay on the group buy is that the delay was not because a flaw was found with the existing design, the delay was because of a desire to have a design that was cheaper or easier to manufacture, can't remember which. I'm glad Henry wants to continue to improve the design of his lights, but he should not just quit production while accepting new orders and working out the kinks of the new design.

And I agree with the comments regarding Hogo - he should not be held responsible. I wouldn't blame him if he didn't do any more group buys.

It's kind of sad. I now only check this thread every few weeks to see if anything changed. I hope that I don't miss it when the notice goes out to send in the final small payment so I can get my light.

This is a definite concern to me. My dad has recently developed dementia and trying to arrange for his care has been taking most of my time. I, too, hope I don't miss the notice when these are complete because life has changed dramatically for me in the last two weeks.

hank_612

Newly Enlightened
Another one to two months? *sigh* That is disappointing. I think my biggest issue with the delay on the group buy is that the delay was not because a flaw was found with the existing design, the delay was because of a desire to have a design that was cheaper or easier to manufacture, can't remember which. I'm glad Henry wants to continue to improve the design of his lights, but he should not just quit production while accepting new orders and working out the kinks of the new design.

And I agree with the comments regarding Hogo - he should not be held responsible. I wouldn't blame him if he didn't do any more group buys.

This is a definite concern to me. My dad has recently developed dementia and trying to arrange for his care has been taking most of my time. I, too, hope I don't miss the notice when these are complete because life has changed dramatically for me in the last two weeks.

PM me your phone number and I will call you when I get my notice to give you a heads up.

rumack

Enlightened
Thanks for the offer hank_612. The emergency level stress seems to be behind me now.

I'm starting to wonder if this group buy is going to hit the 1 year mark. Have we already hit the record for longest HDS group buy?

slim4511

Newly Enlightened
10 months since I paid. It would seem hitting the one year mark is more and more possible. Gosh I hope not. I actually want the light.

Double Barrel

Enlightened
One of these days!!!! I'm going to get a msg saying "give me a dollar & I'll send your flashlight."
Looking forward to that day!

Tixx

Flashlight Enthusiast
Not that I mind too much, but would think in 10 months I hope there are some upgrades to the light as well. Would be nice to see output boosted and some other features.

kaichu dento

Flashaholic
Having been kept waiting for so long and seemingly for no reason it would be nice to get a bone or two tossed our way for these lights that we paid for back in November.

Having talked to Henry several times on the phone it's hard for me to feel any animosity towards him and I know that he will come through in the end but it's frustrating as hell, especially with having just lost my main EDC Rotary and now having only a Clicky and hyper red Rotary which I'm now hesitant to sell since it's my only remaining Rotary until this 4000k one eventually shows up.

hank_612

Newly Enlightened
It would be nice if Mr Hogo Chimed in every few months and gave us a status update or told us a dirty joke or something.

kaichu dento

Flashaholic
Henry and Hogo both are good peoples. Just have patience and faith...
I'm a good person too, but on the other hand, have procrastinated into double digit years before. Took me five years to remember I owed my brother a replacement table saw, so now he's got two because he didn't want to bother me and got tired of waiting.

hank_612

Newly Enlightened
Steve,

The project is now moving forward.

Henry.

On May 24, 2016

Henry,

Can I get another update on the Hogo 400k group buy?

Last edited: