HDS Second and Final 4000k Group Buy interest thread.

bigburly912

Flashlight Enthusiast
I've been following this a long time and I've almost bought a few peoples spots (I see no point now). I would be furious if I was in your alls shoes. It's been almost a year. Wow

JKolmo

Enlightened
Steve,

The project is now moving forward.

Henry.

On May 24, 2016

Henry,

Can I get another update on the Hogo 400k group buy?

Thanks for that update! So if I understand it correct the project starts to move forward almost 11 months after we paid for our lights!? That is truly amazing.

usdiver

Flashlight Enthusiast
1. Look on the bright side... If you hadn't spent the money here you d have spent it somewhere else and possibly not had anything to show... You WILL get the light.

2. You WILL be happy you waited cause you'll most likely never have the opportunity to get another

JKolmo

Enlightened
Yeah you're right! I just can't avoid feeling somewhat conned. I will most probably forget it when I get the light though.

doctordun

Enlightened
1. Look on the bright side... If you hadn't spent the money here you d have spent it somewhere else and possibly not had anything to show... You WILL get the light.

2. You WILL be happy you waited cause you'll most likely never have the opportunity to get another

This brings up a question. I wonder how long Henry will continue to make lights? He's not getting any younger.

hank_612

Newly Enlightened
I am willing to bet that this group buy is not completed by the 4th of july. Any takers?

the0dore3524

Flashlight Enthusiast
Well, if he JUST started working on it...might have some issues there 😂. The way he said "now" makes me think that they just started working on it like a year later.

usdiver

Flashlight Enthusiast
Guys, I know the wait is frustrating but you chose to order a custom light, as did I. I m not rich, I could use the money, but what other company is going to do you a special run of a light that is purely custom without a risk of huge wait time? I understand a lot of issues are down to supplying vendors... And knowing that Henry is very strict on quality control (if it's not the way he wants it, it goes back). Given that fact I think it's only fair to say that you are getting what you paid for... Including wait time. You ll get the lights and when you do you ll be happy.

kaichu dento

Flashaholic
It's not so much the wait, but the lack of communication.
The lack of communication coupled with the fact that we sent our payments out back in November, which is ironically when communication stopped.

My hope is that since we've been kept waiting so long that at least there'll be some benefit in upgrades we wouldn't have received if we'd taken delivery back in December as had been indicated back when snow was on the ground.

nbp

Flashaholic
Have you guys asked Henry about an ETA or do you prefer to just stew about it?

Double Barrel

Enlightened
I have asked about the ETA.
Couple months before SHOT, IIRC. He said "sometime after SHOT."

According to hank_612, Henry stated on May 24th, 2016 ..."The project is now moving forward."

For now, I don't want to delay the project further by making him respond to more email from me. ;)
It's gotta be closer now than it was back in July 2015, when I sent payment! ...yeehaw!
DB

usdiver

Flashlight Enthusiast
The lack of communication coupled with the fact that we sent our payments out back in November, which is ironically when communication stopped.

My hope is that since we've been kept waiting so long that at least there'll be some benefit in upgrades we wouldn't have received if we'd taken delivery back in December as had been indicated back when snow was on the ground.

I did hear of a nice surprise or feature that no body knows what it is. I figure either way, he's probably as frustrated as most are. I m not cause when the thing gets sent back home I won't get it till I get back home... Not paying customs anymore than I have to!