HDS Systems #23

klackey

Enlightened
9/12/21 Last email response from Henry ..........It was COMPLETLY positive in nature ............................................

Only sent 2 follow-up after that.........very nice just inquiring about previous emails and hoping mine did not get "lost" in the "in box". ........ crickets.............

Strange times indeed. Truly hope all is well with Henry during these trying times.......

I have considered I have been "black listed" but I do not think I have ever been over critical of HDS. I truly love the product and hope the best for all involved.

Last edited:

TentativeMeteorite

Newly Enlightened
9/12/21 Last email response from Henry ......................................................

Only sent 2 follow-up after that.................. crickets.............

Strange times indeed. Truly hope all is well with Henry during these trying times.......

I have considered I have been "black listed" but I do not think I have ever been over critical of HDS. I truly love the product and hope the best for all involved.
Dang! That sounds like it's a bigger issue than any one of us. Any chance Hogo could shed some light on this? Thanks!

desert.snake

Flashlight Enthusiast
Yesterday I had 16340 died inside the HDS. Most likely, it was not the cell itself that died, but the protection board. There was no spare CR123 or 16340 at hand, but I found CR2 in my pocket, decided to try it, the length of the springs was enough for it to work normally and not rattle. So here's another power option, maybe it will be useful to someone.

There really is some delay with Henry's letters, I have one question for him, I repeat the letter about once a month, no answer since 22 September, it is possible that I am blacklisted or ended up in spam.

TentativeMeteorite

Newly Enlightened
Yesterday I had 16340 died inside the HDS. Most likely, it was not the cell itself that died, but the protection board. There was no spare CR123 or 16340 at hand, but I found CR2 in my pocket, decided to try it, the length of the springs was enough for it to work normally and not rattle. So here's another power option, maybe it will be useful to someone.

There really is some delay with Henry's letters, I have one question for him, I repeat the letter about once a month, no answer since 22 September, it is possible that I am blacklisted or ended up in spam.
That's a bit disheartening. I really hope everything is fine! Hopefully we all get a response soon.

PoliceScannerMan

Flashaholic
HDS like tons of other businesses are having supply chain issues. If you order, I wouldn't expect it anytime soon. With that said, HDS is definitely worth the wait. Perhaps a WTB (want to buy) in the buy sell trade section would get you one quicker.

gottawearshades

Enlightened

1) That is a cool discovery. I would never have thought to try.

2) Yes, that is a little worrying. Even with the delay in new lights, Henry has always been rock-solid on support. I hope it's something harmless, like he's lost in a cave somewhere.

wacbzz

Flashlight Enthusiast
I don't get the "blacklisted" thing by a couple of posters. If ANYBODY should/would have been blacklisted by HDS, it would have been me from back in the day. I purchased an amber rotary with zero problems though.

I'm sure Henry is just busy/frustrated by delays as you folks are. Instantaneous response has never been the HDS way.

Everything will work out. Seriously.

TentativeMeteorite

Newly Enlightened
HDS like tons of other businesses are having supply chain issues. If you order, I wouldn't expect it anytime soon. With that said, HDS is definitely worth the wait. Perhaps a WTB (want to buy) in the buy sell trade section would get you one quicker.
I own a few HDS already. I was around when Henry's email was down for a few months years back. Zero issues waiting for the product here, but I'd like my order placed so I don't lose my chance to get one. I'll wait another several months just like the amber I ordered in June if need be. Though, spending this much on these is helped by the warranty, which is only valuable if Henry is available to service lights. I'm not having any warranty issues currently, but if suddenly one of my lights stopped working and I didn't hear back for months, that would frustrate me at this price point.

klackey

Enlightened
Ok! Just realized my post tucked under the cr2 revelations by desert.snake.............. that is very cool...... I have a reserve of Cr2s from my SCUBA gear..... Very cool.

HDs
Great news! I like others find it inconvenient to call and would rather not stall progress with my chatter on the phone.

I truly feel like HDS has one of the best products out currently (clickily specifically) and want them to have great success, however a bit of commutation would be nice............. especially at this price point. I truly understand delays during these strange times, especially if I am reasonably informed. Well, I still am perplexed at machinist not being able to follow blueprints. That is another issues altogether.

Thanks for the "update".

Last edited:

ironhorse

Enlightened
The reject rate for machined parts baffles me as well. You get a drawing which spells out all the dimensions and tolerances. I don't understand how machine shops are not able to conform to the specifications.

Duster1671

Enlightened
There's been some discussion in the past about manufacturability not being a priority for HDS. When that's not part of the design philosophy, ongoing issues with out-of-spec parts is a natural consequence.

It can also be difficult to find and qualify good suppliers even when you do have a good design.

Maybe a lil' of column A, lil' of column B.