HDS Systems EDC # 18

Status
Not open for further replies.

kj2

Flashaholic
Does anyone know the frequency of the Location Beacon? When I put my Rotary and Clicky side-by-side, and turn them at the same time On, the first 2 flashes are at the same time.
After that, they flash differently from each other.

calypso699

Newly Enlightened
Does anyone know if Henry still offers orange cerakote as an option? It's listed but anytime I select it I get a notification saying it's not available in the user interface.

emarkd

Flashlight Enthusiast
Pretty sure several of the cerakote colors are already sold out. He seems to be getting away from cerakote, at least for the time being.

monanza

Flashlight Enthusiast
From what he told me, cerakote was a nightmare so not going to do them again. What he has on hand is it. If orange is not available in your selected interface try another interface. I ordered a rotary orange several months ago, which will hopefully be shipped this week.

We have no plans to do any further Cerakote - beyond the bodies we currently have in stock. The whole process has proved so painful that we are not planning any further runs.

nbp

Flashaholic
Yep. Hogo said that the cerakote shop they were using picked up a huge Ruger contract and don't have time for them anymore.

calypso699

Newly Enlightened
Would be a bummer if it isn't available anymore. If I'd to choose for a cerakote, it would be orange.

I agree. I really want to order a clicky but only if it's orange. I'm gonna wait for my rotary to arrive and then email Henry to ask.

never mind :( thanks guys

Last edited:

nbp

Flashaholic
Still can't wait for my NRA Blue Clicky...it just won't be "beater" light. I'd like to keep that blue on there. ;)

emarkd

Flashlight Enthusiast
Yeah I've got a FDE cerakoted Rotary order in with Henry now and can't wait to get it, but I already feel like I'm gonna be afraid to use it hard because of the coating.

Me+Light=Addiction

Enlightened
Hey guys, got a question for you all. My first HDS is a 200 lumen LE clicky I bought second-hand a while back. Great light but a few months back the bezel started to show some spots. There were some posts about this a few months back aswell as more people had this. I don't mind wear but to me this doesn't look like wear it just looks cheap, does someone know if I can polish the bezel or something, and if I can, how?

Below is what it looks like:

20160103_1638451_zpsnkx1mcrr.jpg

20160103_1638381_zpsj2hrmicb.jpg

kj2

Flashaholic
That doesn't look good at all! Noticed some light faint spots on my new 200 HiCRI (SS bezel) too. Contacted Henry, but he first asked me to wipe/rub it with my fingers or otherwise polish it.
Lights like this, should leave factory (almost) perfect, IMO.

kj2

Flashaholic
Just grabbed my 250 Rotary, which has the black bezel. Our SN are close, and noticed two spots, on mine too. Not as bad as yours, but what will the future bring..

6514bfbe5259bd6bd510086939453a2a.jpg

Last edited:

peter yetman

Flashlight Enthusiast
If you don't mind a shiny steel bezel, you can remove the anodising by placing the bezel in a caustic soda solution for a short while. When rinsed, the metal will look tarnished, but clear of ano. You can then polish it with fine steel wool followed by T-Cut (used to polish car paint). Or you could send it back to Henry.
P

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts