HDS updates: thoughts?

thaugen

Enlightened
There is a silver lining to this wait time... While waiting for my High CRI clicky I was able to purchase an older HighCRI Clicky on the Marketplace. Today Henry let me upgrade my order from a High CRI Clicky to a Rotary without loosing my place in the order line! Good things come to those who wait!

whateatsrabbits

Newly Enlightened
Hello everyone, I've just made order for my first hds light. I ordered a hi-cri clickey straight from the man. I called henry and asked how long until it ships, he told me at least 5 weeks. No problem here, I want the light flashaholics worship.

eh4

Flashlight Enthusiast
whateatsrabbits, I'll bet it's going to be a very nice and reliable light, probably save you a lot of money in the long run.
Five weeks eh?, hopefully that puts me at about 3-4 weeks?! ;-)

Luciaro

Newly Enlightened
I don't cancel my order..i love HDS lights and i want my custom rotary..:devil:
Thank you Henry for giving advice.

ckthorp

Newly Enlightened
I've been a flashaholic for years. My first light was an Arc LSH-P, my second an HDS EDC Ultimate 60 modded w/ an SSC P4. I'm happy to wait as long as it takes for Henry to supply a light that meets his high standards. I've been EDCing my Ultimate 60 for 7 years now. It'll keep working just fine until my high CRI clicky comes. Though I did just have to fix the switch last week -- I was getting some intermittent shorting between the switch wires and the battery tube where the anodization was no longer insulating that I fixed with a small piece of paper and also the switch wires were loose from the PCB which was fixed with with a bit of solder. Happy customer. A pocket isn't a very nice environment for electronics.

Once I get my High-CRI, I'll probably re-mod the Ultimate with a neutral P4 (assuming I can still unscrew the bezel ring with how dented it is).

jalal20

Enlightened
Hi all. I have for you an Update from the big guy Himself :wave:

"The new shop is just finishing up the first article samples and should be in full production shortly. The first one they showed us has been accepted. We are still several weeks out from being able to resume shipping."

I took his permission before posting this and I am very happy with this progress so far :party:

CarpentryHero

Flashlight Enthusiast
I've been a flashaholic for years. My first light was an Arc LSH-P, my second an HDS EDC Ultimate 60 modded w/ an SSC P4. I'm happy to wait as long as it takes for Henry to supply a light that meets his high standards. I've been EDCing my Ultimate 60 for 7 years now. It'll keep working just fine until my high CRI clicky comes. Though I did just have to fix the switch last week -- I was getting some intermittent shorting between the switch wires and the battery tube where the anodization was no longer insulating that I fixed with a small piece of paper and also the switch wires were loose from the PCB which was fixed with with a bit of solder. Happy customer. A pocket isn't a very nice environment for electronics.

Once I get my High-CRI, I'll probably re-mod the Ultimate with a neutral P4 (assuming I can still unscrew the bezel ring with how dented it is).

Illumination Supply is taking an interest on 4500k hi cri Nichia ;) that'd be sweeeeeet

pjandyho

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hi all. I have for you an Update from the big guy Himself :wave:

"The new shop is just finishing up the first article samples and should be in full production shortly. The first one they showed us has been accepted. We are still several weeks out from being able to resume shipping."

I took his permission before posting this and I am very happy with this progress so far :party:
Pardon my being candid here. If you had read through this thread you would have realized Henry had already written a rather lengthy response here on the previous page.

jalal20

Enlightened
Pardon my being candid here. If you had read through this thread you would have realized Henry had already written a rather lengthy response here on the previous page.

I will pardon you.
Actually to be also candid. I was the guy who sent henry an email and told him to post here to update you guys and today I got another update from him.
Thanks for being very positive :)

pjandyho

Flashlight Enthusiast
I will pardon you.
Actually to be also candid. I was the guy who sent henry an email and told him to post here to update you guys and today I got another update from him.
Thanks for being very positive :)
And I thank you for doing us all a favor by persuading the Man himself to write in. His presence here have not been felt for more than a year and it is so inviting to see him writing in. Personally I had written to Henry and telling him that he should keep us updated in CPF regarding all the delays, but no action was taken on his part for some reason which I have no knowledge of. He is not obligated to post here, but by posting here it would clear up all the doubts and questions that we have as well as minimize the number of people emailing him with the same question.

jalal20

Enlightened
And I thank you for doing us all a favor by persuading the Man himself to write in. His presence here have not been felt for more than a year and it is so inviting to see him writing in. Personally I had written to Henry and telling him that he should keep us updated in CPF regarding all the delays, but no action was taken on his part for some reason which I have no knowledge of. He is not obligated to post here, but by posting here it would clear up all the doubts and questions that we have as well as minimize the number of people emailing him with the same question.

What matters is that he replied here and I always get nice responses from him when contacting him although he is a very busy man those days

BigBluefish

Flashlight Enthusiast
This has been a good thread. Henry, your update back around the 9th is appreciated. I'll be ordering a couple new lights, a HI-CRI and 120 or 140 Exec for backup, once things get sorted out with your new suppliers. Best of luck to you; your lights are great.

logikal16

Newly Enlightened
I emailed Henry last Friday asking for a quick update. He replied this morning, stating that there's nothing else to report.

At this point, I'd be surprised if supply was back in full swing before Summer.

tjswarbrick

Enlightened
I emailed Henry last Friday asking for a quick update. He replied this morning, stating that there's nothing else to report.

That's too bad, but I'm still not canceling my order. I'm going to get the light, so I see no need to go back to the end of the line.
It is clear from past moves (ARC to Novatac to RA to HDS) and the current situation that he won't compromise on quality, and I have faith that he's one of the better businessmen to deal with out there.
I've ordered other mid-tech/semi custom items (SwampRat, Scrapyard, PhotonFanatic) expecting to wait weeks to months, and been shocked to receive them in a matter of days, so I figure letting this one go a while is making up for the fast turnaround on those.
I've wanted an "EDC" since I first laid eyes on one a year ago, but I couldn't decide which to get - and finally got the scratch to put it together. I'm really looking forward to my Hi CRI Rotary.
Plus, Henry can't be making much with no lights to sell - and I think we'd all like to see him stay in business.

I appreciate him posting in this thread (a couple weeks back.) I appreciate even more that he responds to direct inquiries quickly and succinctly.
If he had a Twitter feed, I wouldn't follow it.
The wait just gives me a chance to play with some of my other pocket lights which will surely get ignored once the Rotary shows up.

tobrien

Flashlight Enthusiast
so this backlog of orders, which I completely understand by the way, affects both rotaries and clickies, right?

i was thinking of asking for a high-cri rotary as a graduation gift because i finish undergrad this May.