Headlamps that can keep 1000+ lumens for one hour or longer

orbital

Flashlight Enthusiast
+

Few years ago I purchased a Nitecore HC33 using a XHP35 HD emitter,, just a fantastic headlamp.
Liked it so much got another as a backup, on sale:D

Output is very strong & really wouldn't want more output ( & I use my headlamps often)

Anyway:: it'll do 780 lumens for 90 minutes on an 18650,=> plus it's not heavy on your forehead.

I use Zebralight full headbands' on my HC33,, just like them better.

PeteL

Newly Enlightened
Thank you for your input :thumbsup::thumbsup:
I'll look into the headlamps you mentioned.
When walking, I bring my Nitecore New P30 as well.
I don't want to be stranded in the forest IF something would break. AND, it's quite amusing, I've lived my whole life in the countryside, I know there's a lot of animals, But at night, with a proper flashlight it was a new experience, with eyes lighting up everywhere.

I'll start my own thread.

Thank you.

Hello Patel and welcome! I'd recommend you start a new thread of your own, so all the replies can be directed at helping you with your request. Hopefully you will find the following helpful. I was a trail runner for a more than a decade before sun up. I LOVED it, but my body is now getting too old for it. I hung up my running shoes last year. I spent a crazy amount of money and time looking for the "BEST" headlight and flashlight combo. I solidly landed on Zebralght's offerings. Specifically the Zebralight H600w (runs on an 18650 for excellent runtimes, the headband is solid, I like that for a floodyish light it has decent amount of throw & plenty of flood to see all around, plus the UI is unmatched by any other light maker IMO.) I always liked having a throwy flashlight as well, so I could spot things at a distance. My favorite is the now discontinued Zebralight SC600w HI, but I often carried a larger Olight Javelot (single 18650 version with a penceil beam and 196k cd.) If I were trail running today, then I'd probably carry the smaller Lumintop GT Mini (135k cd) or a Noctigon KR1 (100k cd) - both run on a single 18650. I really didn't need the flashlight for my runs, but they sure increased the fun of it all.

Hope that helps!

orbital

Flashlight Enthusiast
This H3R headlight can suppot turbo 1000lm, runtime 2.5h; You can choose 6 lighting modes (Turbo/High/Mid/Low/Moonlight/SOS) for different needs.
https://www.xtar.cc/product/XTAR-MAGNEMITE-H3R-Headlamp-Flashlight-52.html

+

edit:

from real world review of H3R== 'manage to get the Turbo mode to run for over 5 minutes before stepping down to ~80% of its initial brightness, and subsequently another drop to ~60% brightness at slightly over 10 minutes'

5 minutes dropping to 80% & just over 5 minutes later, to around 60%

Last edited:

PeteL

Newly Enlightened
The turbo mode, at least for me, is useless in anything other than flashlights. Constant 1000+ lumens (with no step down) was what the OP and I asked about.
The HC33 mentioned (which I use myself) is pretty good. Real life use will get you 85min in high (constant 780lm) with 15min in low (70lm) on a 100min walk in -2°C with a 3500mAh Nightcore battery.

For the runtime testing, the batteries' capacity, condition, external environment...many factors may affect it The real world reviewer also said "XTAR Magnemite H3R is a headlamp with so much potentials to be great..." Also more review here: https://www.bmengineer.com/2020/07/xtar-magnemite-h3r-review.html

rodhotter

Newly Enlightened
lots of claims for sure but looking for real world results for wide beam-flood headlamps that can put out 100 lm for an our or better without stepdown or burning my head where its strapped on, thanks for any links to real world tests by pros NOT selling the tested item!!

sirpetr

Newly Enlightened
OP asked for bicycle light with 1000lm and without stepping down which is not big deal, there are more headlamps that can acomplish that. If you want to just walk with it, use it indoors or use it without any movement at all, l shaped headlamps probably wouldnt do that and must neccesarily overheat after some time. Thats my best guess. You would either need more emitters to have higher efficiency, lower heat produced or larger headlamp body so it would radiate heat better.

orbital

Flashlight Enthusiast
+

The OP asked for Headlamps: HEADLAMPS or headlamps or even Headlamps.

in other words, Headlamps.