Headlamps with Cree or Seoul?

LEDcandle

Flashlight Enthusiast
Yeah, the heat might be a problem. I guess 150-200ma might be reasonable for a plastic housing, and we'll still get maybe 50-70 lumens? For 10+ hours. Pretty nice :D

TorchBoy

Flashlight Enthusiast

arkcaver

Newly Enlightened
I think that's the nicest looking lamp assembly I've seen!
IMG_0896r.jpg

btw I converted the currency and it's $150 USD.

Not sure what you used to convert the currency, but...

from their pricelist at http://www.scurion.ch/ms/upload/pricelist_scurion.pdf, a lamp with a battery pack & charger costs 318 euros. The headlamp by itself is 180 euros.

1 euro = 1.3674 dollars according to google

which gives $434.83 for the lamp, battery pack, and charger, and $245.13 for the headlamp by itself.

luminiferous

Newly Enlightened
Some might be decent, but something claiming to be a Cree at 5W but only 120 lumens? 1.5W I would believe, and that would be more reasonable with 3xAAA cells.

The aluminium head on it sounds promising.

Ya, I think somebody pulled that quote out their a** :hahaha: 5W@120 lumens, but the design is still half decent. Anyway, as pointed out here already, Fenix is working on their own design and that's of more interest to me, personally.

Maybe if I fall and hit my head, I'll shell out $680 for a Scurion. :laughing:

Last edited:

CM

Flashlight Enthusiast
Another option would be to mod a PT Eos with a Seoul LED - total of about $50 and some modding fun.

Or the PT Apex for a little more $$. I now run mine in low mode (on the single emitter) 99% of the time since high is a little too bright if there ever was such a thing.

PeLu

Flashlight Enthusiast
Scurion's price:

..while you stay home to work and pay for it
I've paid more for the Stenlight, for example. Also the Actionlight I was not really a bargain, was in a similar range (due to different exchange rate at this time). But all three lights were worth the money when I bought them.

I've spent more money on less useful caving equipment.

And to be on-topic here:
I had the Scurion with Luxeons and have now Scurions with Seouls and the difference is impressive. As expected. It is said that the Seoul is more affected by heat, so only well heat-sunken (exp?) designs make sense with a Seoul (when needed for longer time).

Last edited:

Latest posts