Health update

jayflash

Flashlight Enthusiast
Jeff, it's good that you posted; you will be on the minds of many CPFers. Don't feel you're intruding on the news of rdshore's untimely passing. Learning that rd (Bobby) Shores will no longer be posting is very sad, but you didn't get to choose the timing of your own troubles.

I hope you are able to keep us posted about your progress...for many, healthy, pain free years - the opposite of what it's been for you.

Just for the record: I've always enjoyed your presence, here, on the CPF. Your many contributions and postings have helped to further our enjoyment and understanding of things flashoholic.

Good luck to you, Man. I WILL say a prayer or several.

mobile1

Flashlight Enthusiast
I just read your post and was really touched - there is something very special about how grateful you are and how you look at your life. You and your family are in my thoughts and prayers.

iNDiGLo

"the Precious..."
Jeff,

I don't know you either and only what i've read in this thread. If you don't mind, how old are you? And do you know what originally caused your cancer? Does it run in your family? What type of cancer?

Prayers headed your way.

Michael

PhotonWrangler

Flashaholic
Jeff, I am also deeply touched that you've offered condolences to me and my family even while you're suffering yourself. You're a class act, sir. Hang in there and don't ever lose hope. We won't.

LifeNRA

Flashaholic*
iNDiGLo said:
Jeff,

I don't know you either and only what i've read in this thread. If you don't mind, how old are you? And do you know what originally caused your cancer? Does it run in your family? What type of cancer?

Prayers headed your way.

Michael
Hi,
I am 36 and the cancer is Osteosarcoma which started in my pelvis. This cancer does not run in my family as far as I can tell by researching our family history. I do not know what caused the cancer.
Thank you for the prayers.

Unicorn

Flashlight Enthusiast
Well, no matter the odds, somebody wins the lottery right?
Somebody has to be the one that makes up the minority.
Try to keep your spirits up, and don't let things get you down.
Check out this site it helped me a little. There is an email newsletter that gives some good advice. Some of the site may seem a bit glurge-ish, but it's tolerable.
http://www.thecancercrusade.com

For some reason, even though it's sappy I really like "The Survivor Movie." It should still be there someplace.

LifeNRA

Flashaholic*
Lightmeup said:
Jeff,
Did you get the info I sent?
Yes I did and thank you very much. I PM'd you back but the server acted up so I guess it did not go through. I am sorry I did not PM you again. I went to bed and meant to PM you again the next day. I am sorry that I did not follow up on that.