Help choosing Shotgun light

angelofwar

Flashlight Enthusiast
Thank you for your valuable input. :)

No prob...I'll try to get some decent pic's up of some of the available set-ups/optiona when I get home and post some pic's for you. I've gotten two 660's from member DaFab...I think he still has one with the bezel in his sale thread in the MP.

ARA

Enlightened
No prob...I'll try to get some decent pic's up of some of the available set-ups/optiona when I get home and post some pic's for you. I've gotten two 660's from member DaFab...I think he still has one with the bezel in his sale thread in the MP.

Thanks a million, i would be much obliged. To be honest i am a complete newbie and only due to help from all the folks at CPF i have come this far. :wave:

DHart

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have two Winchester 1300 Defenders that I keep as bump-in-the-night guns, each with a Fivemega 6P body, Z59 tailcap, and either a Malkoff P7 or P60F lamp module. Light mount is CDMGear MOD-C clamp which has steel thread inserts for long life of the threads. Awesome quality and a good price.

I love this set up because it's simple, lightweight, lean and trim (no wires or remote switches needed either) and the lights can also be used as flashlights when desired. And I can use whatever lamp module is appropriate for the application. Mine are used only for civilian home defense, so the lamps are wide and floody. I have no need for throw with HD shotguns. With the Z59 tailcap, momentary is easy to use as is constant on, while my hand is on the forearm of the shotgun.

For a much less expensive approach (Malkoffs, Z59's etc. aren't cheap), this same MOC-C clamp will hold a Streamlight Polytac flashlight; that's about $45 for the light and about $55 for the MOD-C clamp. Around $100 for an outstanding and very simple shotgun light. Sweet.

Win1300_6P_Light.jpg

DefenseTeamRt.jpg

Great choice in shotguns, by the way... while I have and enjoy Mossberg 500, 590, and Remington 870Police shotguns, the Winchester 1300 Defender is unique in having such a high capacity (8-shots) with just an 18" barrel. And NO extensions to fool around with as they have a one-piece, full-length mag tube. Sweet!

DefenderTrio.jpg

Last edited:

MOS2111

Newly Enlightened
I have mounted a section of rail to my hand guard on both my rem 1100 and my mossy 590. I attached an led light in 1in low mount rings. low budget, but durable enough to have lasted thousands of rounds on a 12ga and to make it through last years larue 3gun without a problem.