hey guys! i need some help

mr.lumen

Enlightened
i have been out of the game for a while and want to make a big purchase. i am very interested in the olight sr95s ut. it seems to be one of the best throwers which is what i am looking for. but my only concern is that it came out about a year ago :-/ does anyone know if there is anything that will beat it, by olight or anyone else now or in the near future? thanks for any help.

thedoc007

Flashlight Enthusiast
Second the offerings from Vinh/Wayne. He is a prolific modder, I have several of his lights and they are all top notch. Search for the K40vn...it will absolutely smoke the SR95UT.

Edit: this is the thread to go to for the K40vn. Ballpark 400kcd, more than double the SR95UT, and smaller, and brighter, and cheaper!

mr.lumen

Enlightened
Yea I know he makes great stuff I have one if his lights. The issues I see with this light is for my purposes it will be extended use and it sounds like on the levels higher than the stock it gets hot pretty quickly, also it appears they are all sold as well?

thedoc007

Flashlight Enthusiast
Yea I know he makes great stuff I have one if his lights. The issues I see with this light is for my purposes it will be extended use and it sounds like on the levels higher than the stock it gets hot pretty quickly, also it appears they are all sold as well?

Let me give you some perspective. I view the levels as:

1. low mode
2. medium
3. beats almost all stock lights
4. beats all stock lights
5 and 6. holy s$*!

At level 3, I'm pretty sure the K40vn will beat the SR95UT on max. Level 3 can run indefinitely, and level 4 (which will DEFINITELY beat the SR95UT) can run for quite a while before it gets hot (I ran it on level 4 for 2 hours straight last night, on a winter night hike, and it never even got warm). With only one LED, and a decent-sized light, heat isn't that big of an issue unless you're running it on turbo at high noon during a hot summer day (overly dramatic, I know, but you get the idea). In practice, it hasn't ever been an issue for me.

As to availability, you will probably have to wait for the K40vn. But he is doing more...it is just a matter of getting his hands on the stock K40, which is apparently in high demand (or low supply, I don't know). He has done at least 50 of them already, it is after all his #1 must have light. And it is worth the wait :D.

I know I might seem like a cheerleader here, but this isn't a review. Just my own opinion. If you want throw, the K40vn is the way to go!

Razzle

Enlightened
Yep, K40vn all the way.

Mine gets used for long dog walks every night. Even at level 3 or 4, it will blow you away. I charge batteries once or twice a week.

Latest posts