Hip or Hand?

What is your flashlight carry preference?

• Attached via Magnet

Votes: 2 1.8%
  • Light in Hand

Votes: 16 14.5%
  • Lanyard Around Wrist

Votes: 7 6.4%
  • Clipped to/in Clothes

Votes: 35 31.8%
  • On a Key Ring

Votes: 10 9.1%
  • In a Pocket

Votes: 73 66.4%
  • In a Holster

Votes: 19 17.3%
  • In a Tactical Holster

Votes: 9 8.2%
  • In a Headband

Votes: 4 3.6%
  • In a Holder/Strap

Votes: 4 3.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

skyfire

Flashlight Enthusiast
for edc clipped to my front pocket. and a quark 123 on my keys.

at work its the same, but also have 1 or 2 larger lights on belt holsters. plus a zebralight 501w in my shirt pocket.

bc62010

Newly Enlightened
I love my LD10 in its holster on my hip, I barely notice that its there sometimes. On the other hand I tried to carry my mini 123 on a keychain a noticed the finish wearing away so I clipped it to my cell phone case. I wish someone make a clip for the mini 123 so I can carry it in my pocket. Oh I forgot to mention I keep my LD20 in a holster in my EDC bag as well.

Cataract

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'm an unconditionnal of the holster, unless I'm using it, then it's either in hand for tight spaces (like, gotta bend in half tight spaces) or big torches or preferably on a headband, but I don't carry my headband for work, so that's reserved for hiking and camping... The day they have a neadband for a TK40 or M1X let me know.:duh2:

BeeMan458

Banned

Carried lovingly around in the presentation box the flashlight arrived in, with freshly washed, white gloved hands. Hands on each end, at the ceremonial, presentation ready. And of course, only to be displayed to those who have the ability to appreciate that what they're about set their lucky gaze upon.

:naughty:

Last edited:

mbw_151

Enlightened
Well I voted "In my pocket" but that only reflects my EDC Photon. Outside of work in the daytime my AAA EDC light is clipped to my pocket or around my neck. After dark, my AA or 123 EDC is clipped to my pocket or in a holster. Bigger lights like 3 x 123 are usually in hand, in a pack, or laying around close. Even if the poll was just for EDC lights, there are lots of flashaholics that EDC more than one light using more than one of these modes.

Roger999

Enlightened
What's the difference between a holster and a "tactical" holster? :confused: Can't wait till we get tactical cell phones and tactical coffee mugs :p.

Juggernaut

Flashlight Enthusiast
Holster all the way:twothumbs! I EDC two lights in two holsters, and they cover up nicely with a long shirt. The thing I've noticed about holstered lights is they wear much less then pocket carry lights, and it's extremely difficult to loose them:thumbsup:.

LedTed

Enlightened
I'm new to this forum. So, I've probably missed this thread many, many times.
But, I thought this would be a good first attempt at creating a poll.

The overwhelming choice for preferred carry of a flashlight from my poll, "Hip or Hand" - was, "In a Pocket".

The result made me think, how does one best answer the question, "Is that a flashlight in your pocket; or are you glad to see me"?
thinking.gif

Foxfyre

Newly Enlightened
Main in a holster. Smaller backup in a pants pocket. Backup for the backup in my jacket pocket.