• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Sold/Expired Homemade Surefire A2 Aviator LED rings (2nd Run) *CLOSED*

calipsoii

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: FS: Homemade Surefire A2 Aviator LED rings (2nd Run) *OPEN*

I should've explained it better. :) What I meant was when a single led on, is it possible to keep that LED off? In other words, can you pick and choose only what you want to use? In this case I only want to use the two warm whites and keep the single uv off.

Ah, gotcha. I'm afraid not my friend. Now that you mention it though, that does make sense for a UV-equipped ring to prevent accidental activation of the UV emitter.

Your best bet with the ring you have there is probably:

a) turn the UV down as low as it'll go and set the brightness lock (if you don't mind having the warm white's locked at a certain output level) and/or
b) put the ring into the "high click" UI by clicking 26x and then holding. That'll bump the number of presses required to switch modes up to 4. It really cuts down on accidental mode changes.

I'm jotting down the full-off suggestion for any future revisions though :)

After that I'm not completely sure, because my ring with three warm white emitters will then allow me to select another independent brightness level with all three on, but my one-red/two-warm white ring only allows the red alone or the two warm whites without the red interfering, which is how I would assume that the UV equipped ring would operate.

If you were so inclined KD, you can click 23x and then hold. That'll give your 1RD/2WW ring a 3rd output mode, just like your 1WW/2WW. Both rings use the exact same firmware, I just enable that 3rd mode before I ship any single-color ones.

I believe I tried it with yours before I shipped it - with all 3 LED's lit the light is a little pinkish, but bearable if you were looking for absolute full-blast brightness at the cost of tint.

dudemar

Flashlight Enthusiast

It's pretty awesome! I just got it this morning. :) I especially like the low low it can achieve, comes in really handy outside. My favorite part is the ramping. I can choose any level with my thumb! I also managed to pull a "California Republic" flag from my driver license. Very cool! :D

kaichu dento

Flashaholic

If you were so inclined KD, you can click 23x and then hold. That'll give your 1RD/2WW ring a 3rd output mode, just like your 1WW/2WW. Both rings use the exact same firmware, I just enable that 3rd mode before I ship any single-color ones.

I believe I tried it with yours before I shipped it - with all 3 LED's lit the light is a little pinkish, but bearable if you were looking for absolute full-blast brightness at the cost of tint.
Thanks for the info and I'll try to play around with it tonight a bit.

Can't wait for your multi-level central emitter to be ready. :wave:

calipsoii

Flashlight Enthusiast

Hi all!

That little break was exactly what I needed. Making these is pretty hard on the body (especially the eyes) so a couple weeks off and I'm feeling great. I think I'll open this back up for anyone who's interested. Already got a batch of rings all cut and sanded and ready for components:

rings20120218.jpg

I have a small list written down - please let me know if you're no longer interested or want to change your order or whatever. :)

1YG/2WW - eoed
1YG/2WW - eoed
1NW/2NW - pjandyho
1M RD - lys_og_varme

The rings I shipped a couple weeks ago should all have arrived at their destinations by now. If anyone didn't receive their order in the mail, please PM me and I'll get you a replacement sent out.

Thanks!

dudemar

Flashlight Enthusiast

It's so tempting to get a 1WW/2WW!!!

Last edited:

justlooking

Newly Enlightened

I admit that I have read only about half of this entire post (first 5-6 pages and the last 5-6 pages), but can someone tell me if the ordering instructions/prices/options available at the beginning of the post are current? I will read the entire thing (there is some very good info here), but it may take me some time to get through it all, reading a little at a time. In the meantime, I have a new A2 on the way, and think I know enough already to know that I want one of these, (probably SM-WW, which seems to be the best match to the incan bulb). I just don't want to order from the original post, only to find some superseding options/instructions/etc. buried somewhere in the middle that I have not read yet.

dudemar

Flashlight Enthusiast

Take a look at the end of Calipsoii's very first post. Just above his sigline, the date/time stamp tells you exactly when the post was last updated. I believe his other posts indicate which rings have shipped, which haven't, etc. but that's about it. I just keep an eye on his first post and any recent posts in this thread. :)

Last edited:

justlooking

Newly Enlightened

Thanks, dudemar. I saw that, but wasn't sure that the last edit would have been to make prices, options, etc. current. I'll just use the info in the first post to make my order.

dudemar

Flashlight Enthusiast

No problem justlooking.

The only time that both the WW and UV are lit at the same time should be if you're on the 3rd mode, and tapping the button 3x should switch you out of that mode. If that's not happening then something isn't working correctly, in which case just fire me a PM and we'll get it figured out. :)

Calipsoii, PM sent.

steve108

Newly Enlightened

Hi. I would like to order a Multi Mode with 1 Deep Red and 2 Warm White.

Thanks!

rocled

Newly Enlightened

Hello, I'll take a yellow green, warm white, and an amber ring as per PM. Thanks so much!!

calipsoii

Flashlight Enthusiast

Still plunking away at this latest run and it's slowly getting there. For anyone who's waiting, thanks for your patience. :)
rings20120225.jpg

Hi. I would like to order a Multi Mode with 1 Deep Red and 2 Warm White.

No problem! It's going to be a few days at least before I can get outside to use the toaster oven. This is the table I usually do my work on:
snowing.jpg

pjandyho

Flashlight Enthusiast

Take your time Mike. Not urgent for me.

steve108

Newly Enlightened

Yeah no worries - these look like they are worth waiting for!

kemosabex

Newly Enlightened

Hello, I'd like to order a Single Mode Ultraviolet,
Single Mode Cyan, and a
Multi Mode 1x Deep Red / 2x Blue

Thank you!

calipsoii

Flashlight Enthusiast

Hi all!

The latest batch of rings I was working on has been completed and I've sent PM's out.
complete20120229.jpg

For anyone who's ordered in the last little bit, I'll be starting the next batch shortly. The multi-mode's need a trip to the toaster oven which is really a weekend thing. I'll be sure to update the thread as I go.

rocled

Newly Enlightened

Looks wonderful can't wait!:devil:

Tommygun45

Enlightened

Hello, I'd like to order a 1 mode Neutral White please.

Thanks!

calipsoii

Flashlight Enthusiast

Finally got my hands on some padded envelopes and shipped everyone's rings out this morning.

Lately my US shipments have been taking the full 10 business days to arrive (sometimes a day more) but every single one has arrived, so give them a few weeks to show up in your mailbox. If they don't arrive after that time, please let me know. :)