• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

How are the new R2L's and R2K's

cman light

Newly Enlightened
How are the new R2L\'s and R2K\'s

Just wanted to know if anyone has purchased any of the new R2K,s or R2L high domes. Are they similar to R2H's in terms of whiteness and brightness?

dat2zip

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: How are the new R2L\'s and R2K\'s

The few I've looked at are again nice white color.

I'm wondering if HDs are getting better and that the LDs will not due to the two processes being different.

Either that or I'm getting lucky with the lottery. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif Either that or no one has noticed my perfect writing using a sharpie...

Chop

Flashlight Enthusiast

I've just ordered an R2K. I'm waiting for it to get in so that I can mod my KL1. The reason that I got the R2K is that the R2H that I ordered was green or actually greenish. I'm taking another shot at the lottery. I'll let you know how the R2K works out. From what I understand the R2K is supposed to be bright white, but then again the R2H was supposed to be bright white too. All things being equal, the R2H and R2K should have similar output. The R2K will just eat a bit more current.

Rothrandir

Flashaholic

your writing is perfect wayne!

i didn't even notice 'till i droped one on the ground and wiped the dirt (and writing!) off /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

tvodrd

*Flashaholic* ,

We have over a dozen small character, ink-jet printers at work (Imaje). (Don't ever purchase a star from me! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif )

Larry

CM

Flashlight Enthusiast

That means we'll be seeing some S3H pretty soon, eh? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

CM

McGizmo

Flashaholic

Nah,

We'll go right to T3F's /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

- Don

Rothrandir

Flashaholic

what? did somebody say y3s? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Chop

Flashlight Enthusiast

Right now, I'd settle for coming across a couple of R3H's

shankus

Flashlight Enthusiast

Both of my R2Hs I got from Wayne are WHITE WHITE. One is brighter than the other, and the dimmer one has a "warmer" color to it.

AilSnail

Flashlight Enthusiast

Wayne or anyone else who has them, would you be bothered to compare the Vf's of r2h, r2k and r2l? You could use current measuring or just one or preferably more Badboy(s).

A sidenote: I am not sure that brightness comparisons at one current level is representative for other levels. This only from the experience that a "3w" s4k improved relatively to an "1w" r2h with higher currents.

Sigurd

Entropy

Enlightened

[ QUOTE ]
Rothrandir said:

[/ QUOTE ]
I can get you a Y3H. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

*works on his Sharpie skills*

logicnerd411

Flashlight Enthusiast

[ QUOTE ]
Entropy said:
[ QUOTE ]
Rothrandir said:

[/ QUOTE ]
I can get you a Y3H. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

*works on his Sharpie skills*

[/ QUOTE ]

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grinser2.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/hahaha.gif

dat2zip

Flashlight Enthusiast

It's pretty easy to measure if you have a power supply that allows current limiting. You set the current limit to 350mA and the voltage to 4-5V.

When you apply the power supply leads the the Luxeon, the power supply current limits and the voltage on the power supply now shows at what voltage the supply is clamped to. This gives you a direct readout of the Vf at that current.

I can measure a few, but, sometimes I really don't want to know. I can be pleasantly surprised or dang pissed depending on the outcome.

Should I take toss the dice and go measure a few?

Wayne

Chop

Flashlight Enthusiast

I just have to modify my previous post regarding the R2H that I got from Wayne. I had previously complained that it was green. Well, it's really just greenish. I've had it on my E1e EDC and I have to say that when not comparing it directly to my KL1 (which I had done before), the green tint isn't really noticeable. What is noticeable is the brightness and the THROW. At night I was able to shine the light at the top of 40 foot trees and see what was up there. These R bin luxeons are really nice. The H vf is also nice. LONG runtimes. On my E1e I got almost 2 hours before it got noticeably dimmer. I wish I could get my hands on some more.

In the mean time, I'll see what kind of dent the R2K makes in the runtime curve. I'm wondering if it'll run any hotter.

CM

Flashlight Enthusiast

Wow, 2 hours on 1 cell? That's phenomenal consider how inefficient the KL1 circuit is. That LED must have an extremely low forward voltage.

CM

LEDmodMan

Flashaholic*

The R2H in that downboy 400 that Roy linked is a very cool white color! One of the best 1W LS's I've personally seen (the spot is brighter on a wall than the Surefire L4, but the L4 puts out a ton more light). My personal R2H appears to be the same color, so I'm trying to decide what light it's going to go into!

BTW - I want a XXOU 5W LS!!! (new bin code system)

PS - Roy, nice meeting you last Friday! Thanks for the little penguin light, I think it's going to get a blue 1W LS!!!

AilSnail

Flashlight Enthusiast

dat2zip, I think you would be pleasantly surprised in comparing the sold-out R2H's Vf to the R2K and R2L. (chide)