How Did You First Find Out About ARC ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

CM

Flashlight Enthusiast
CPF. (This is beginning to sound like a broken record.)

To me CPF and Arc are synonymous since I joined CPF because of Peter Gransee.

CM

Lux Luthor

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'm actually one of those people who was here on CPF before Peter showed up (He is #189, I'm #87). He introduced himself to us, and talked with us about his Arc AAA ideas and design goals, and we loved them. Not too long after that, it became a reality, and we bought them up - giving him rave reviews and praises every step of the way.

Then after that.....well the rest is history.

Bill.H

Enlightened
CPF

Not from a local b&m store, I have never seen any Arc in any store. (sorry if my frustrations show)

Darell

Flashaholic
When I first came to CPF, the Arc AAA was simply the CPF light. You either had one, had already ordered one, or were saving up to buy one until somebody finally took pity on you and sent you one.

Then I bought 10. Then I bought 30. Now I have to shovel them off the carpet before I vacuum.

outlaw918692000

Newly Enlightened
I was on a web sight looking at SF's and happened across the arc ls after doing a search to find out more on the (cool looking light) I ended up here. I never would have found CPF if not for web dealers. YOU ARE MAKING A HUGE MISTAKE PETER.

smokinbasser

Flashlight Enthusiast
CPF and if it wasn't for the internet I wouldnt have any lights but m@glights and a photon II.I suspect that by restricting sales to B&Ms the hope is more profits for the original source(the manufacturer).Closing the gate after the cow got out is reactionary.The cow has tasted freedom, if it can't use the gate it will just find another way to get out. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/icon23.gif

DavidTHR

Enlightened
I guess, in general, I am very suspicious of any attempt to limit competition for ANY product.

I think, in general, with less competition, the end user (i.e. you and me) will usually pay more! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/help.gif

For example, when Ford has a sale, so will Chevy, and so on -- competition is the American way!

Just my 2 cents.
/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/ooo.gif

Wits' End

Flashlight Enthusiast
Remote NEast Minnesota, next to Lake Superior
I knew I had to get one after my reading on CPF. I decided to take the plunge with the 2002 CPF edition. When I got it it was a great light but too small for me to risk loosing, it was $45 with S+H. So I sold it on CPF for my original money to someone who really wanted one. Then I bought an LE and a standard from TTS, came out to about the same as what I spent on the CPF edition. Of course I haven't lost MY LE and my son still has the standard, they don't look nearly as good as they did. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/icon23.gif
Now I have two LS seconds-GReater lights!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.