How do you carry your EDC?

Echo63

Flashlight Enthusiast
Paracord around my neck - Muyshondt Aeon
kydex on my belt - SWM V10R Ti
nylon holster (open top) SF9P with Moddoo dropin
nylon holster (velcro flap) HDS Twisty
pocket clip - HDS Clicky

plus there is 47 cr2 mini in the chest pocket of my goretex jacket, a fenix P1CE in my work bag (spare battery carrier really)

the twisty, clicky and SWM will probably all be retired when i get a HDS Rotary, and it will go in a kydex sheath

JBE

Newly Enlightened
I have one that stays on my keychain (Arc AAA) so it's always with me.

I also have an Olight S15 that'll I'll clip into a front pants pocket if I feel the need to carry something bigger.

Tmack

Flashlight Enthusiast
qugemyne.jpg

Headlamp on my belt.

Viperbart

Newly Enlightened
I carry mine as the lanyard to my other EDC.
Leatherman goes in the front right jean pocket and the Zebralight hangs outside.
That quick release is very handy on the Leatherman.

Last edited:

PierceTheNight

Newly Enlightened
I carry my primary EDC flashlight on a belt loop holster. I find a 2xCR123A light too large to carry in or on a pocket, especially when other items are also carried in the same pocket.

My backup 1xAAA EDC is on a little pouch on another belt loop holster.

My back-backup 2xCR2016 EDC is clipped to my keychain with an easy release hook.

I toyed with the idea of carrying a light around my neck, but I don't like the lack of accessibility when carried inside a shirt or the swinging weight when carried outside shirt.

I once clipped a light directly to my belt, but lost it when using a backpack leaf blower. All my belt holsters are loop holsters now.

If I decided to go with a 1xAA EDC, I might use a pocket clip. However, I already carry so much in my pockets.

The only time I carry a satchel is when I am hiking with my water canteen. No flashlight is included in the satchel. My school backpack used to have a 9 LED light in it, back when I used it daily.

I wouldn't consider a glovebox light EDC.

mbw_151

Enlightened
Always have a Photon Freedom in my pants pocket. Lots of other lights in jackets, desks, brief case, car .... but always a Photon in my pocket. I'll add something else for those dark occasions; Serac S2, T1a, or an HDS but always a Photon. Lost few now, but always replaced them. Nothing is quite so unobtrusive to both carry and use.

KITROBASKIN

Flashlight Enthusiast
Always have a Photon Freedom in my pants pocket. Lots of other lights in jackets, desks, brief case, car .... but always a Photon in my pocket. I'll add something else for those dark occasions; Serac S2, T1a, or an HDS but always a Photon. Lost few now, but always replaced them. Nothing is quite so unobtrusive to both carry and use.

Yeah: I have a Photon Freedom as a zipper pull on my 'every day carry' backpack and my 'night-walk' backpack; And a Photon ReX on my keys. The ReX is rarely used but that is the one I loan to others when necessary. No way do I loan out the MBI HF.

The extra Photon has been used for illumination to change a flashlight battery out. (A lot easier than doing it in the dark). But since joining CPF: At night, I now carry significant backup illumination as well; And rarely have to change out cells in the field.

frogger42

Newly Enlightened
One in my pocket and a small one on my keychain. There is also a few in my car and if I'm at work, there is also one in my laptop bag.

BigK

Newly Enlightened
My EDC is either clipped in my front left pocket or in my left cargo pocket.

Plus 2 in my truck, 3 or 4 in my MaxPed Sitka, 1 on my keyring, and the ever-present flashlight app on my phone.

Ivan Lumenskivich

Newly Enlightened
I usually have an olight s20 baton or fenix pd35 in my left front pocket. Then a terralux tt4 , jetbeam bc25, and a jetbeam pa10 in my bag . Oh... And an olight ws headlamp.

sjc

Newly Enlightened
Hat Carry Method works like a headlamp and leaves room for a small EDC light in the hat's side pocket. I was going to post in this thread but I had too many pics and thought it would be better to start new thread.

CMAG

Enlightened
Tain AAA bottom of left front pocket 24/7, Mac tri edc clipped inside right front pocket alongside a McHenry & Williams folder, Fenix E15 (back up/spare cell holder) key chain.
In the F150 a 2x32650 Jayrob Mag wedged between drivers seat and center console, a 1x32650 Jayrob Mag drivers door pocket, a 2x18650 TorchLab triple in the center console. and a FM 2Px18650 mag host with a Malkoff LLL drop in powered by 2s/2pxcr123a glove box

jamesmtl514

Flashlight Enthusiast
Clipped front right pocket. (Usually my 119 Ti mule)
Ti Mako flood. (Good warm light but seriously overpriced and ridiculous shipping fees)
If wearing cargo pants/shorts Wildcat with MD3.

yogiboobooranger

Newly Enlightened
Since I am always armed, and carry spare mags as well as a good knife, I only have enough pocket room for one light, my Nitecore MT1A, which is either down in the pocket or clipped to the pocket. I do however have other flashlights available in my vehicles as well plus two lights in a bug out bag too.:)

sjc

Newly Enlightened
Since I am always armed, and carry spare mags as well as a good knife, I only have enough pocket room for one light, my Nitecore MT1A, which is either down in the pocket or clipped to the pocket. I do however have other flashlights available in my vehicles as well plus two lights in a bug out bag too.:)

Then you need more pockets. check out Scottevest.com. I bought a few of their items. My only complaint is that the clothing is not wrinkle free. But I now have more pockets than things to put them in, which is a good problem to have. The pockets make even larger flashlight EDC much easier.

Bendbig

Newly Enlightened
I carrry a Maratac AA in a leather holster made for a fixed blade knife and light in right rear pants pocket. A Fenix E15 in a pouch on my belt along with my Leatherman. When at work a Surefire 6P with Malkoff drop in or Fenix LD20 in left shirt pocket.