How Do You EDC Your HDS RA Clicky?

chanjyj

Enlightened
After reading some replies here, I decided to do a modified constrictor knot with 550 paracord.

Mis-judged the length abit, but it'll still fit around my neck. Won't ever hang it there except in emergency situations though.. it's just not my type.

DSC00133.JPG

iacchus

Enlightened
Well, I suppose I could add pics too...

These two are with me pretty much all the time.
The smooth SS bezel is always in my pocket (its a Ra 100 high CRI),

2RA%20G.jpg

The One with a Ti bezel and 17670 tube rides on the strap of my gearslinger, for when I need a bit more oomph (its a 170)
Crappy cellphone pic following.

Photo0187-1.jpg

CLBME

Enlightened
Iacchus- I really like the looks of the smooth bezel. I had hoped to snag another twisty with the smooth bezel but the funds didn't allow it. When I buy my high CRI it will have the same one.

Well, I suppose I could add pics too...

These two are with me pretty much all the time.
The smooth SS bezel is always in my pocket (its a Ra 100 high CRI),

2RA%20G.jpg

blackbalsam

Flashlight Enthusiast
Why do you have it in a holester? That's where mine lives to in the deeper of the two side pocket in carhartts
I have lost (1) light and almost another one while working and the holster seems to keep it in my pocket more securely without sliding out plus if something else in the pocket it protects the light somewhat. I always baby my lights if i can even if it is a edc light....:thumbsup:

JA(me)S

Enlightened
Does anyone use a lanyard ring with a P7 suspension clip? If so, is there still room at the bottom of your typical jean's front pocket?

jslappa

Enlightened
Usually, I would carry one clicky attached to me right front pocket. After receiving a custom holster by Hogo, I can now carry 2 clickies and 2 spare cells on my belt. The smooth bezel is a Hi Cri. The crenelated bezel is a 140 custom. Though the previous owner of my Ti Ra carried it quite a bit, I have yet to do so.

DSC_1558.jpg

DSC_1559.jpg

Last edited:

iacchus

Enlightened
Iacchus- I really like the looks of the smooth bezel. I had hoped to snag another twisty with the smooth bezel but the funds didn't allow it. When I buy my high CRI it will have the same one.

That Clicky is bone stock except for the smooth bezel. That made it a custom order.
I waited 3 weeks for that Clicky, but I really wanted one of those smooth bezels.

It was so worth it. :thumbsup:

Gaffle

Enlightened
The One with a Ti bezel and 17670 tube rides on the strap of my gearslinger, for when I need a bit more oomph (its a 170)
Crappy cellphone pic following.

Photo0187-1.jpg

That gearslinger happen to be a Typhoon?

Some of these pics are just great. I cannot get my HDS yet, but I'ma sport the hell out of this light once I get it. I still cannot make up my mind whether I want the High CRI or 170 custom. Great color rendition, or scary blind pocket rocket? I know, I know, I'm supposed to buy them both, but having basement finished and 2 children make this not happening.

iacchus

Enlightened
That gearslinger happen to be a Typhoon?

Some of these pics are just great. I cannot get my HDS yet, but I'ma sport the hell out of this light once I get it. I still cannot make up my mind whether I want the High CRI or 170 custom. Great color rendition, or scary blind pocket rocket? I know, I know, I'm supposed to buy them both, but having basement finished and 2 children make this not happening.

Actually, it is the much maligned Monsoon gearslinger (I love it, holds tons of stuff), but I think the straps are pretty similar across the gearslinger line.

I understand your quandary, as I dealt with much the same. If it helps, I bought the 170 first, and if I had to do it all over again, would do the same.

The high CRI is great, but unless you are a photographer or medic, it is a luxury (imo). If I could only have one, it would be the 170. Extremely wide range of possible light output, and when you need it to, it can really pour out the photons.

I carry the high CRI because it makes things beautiful and I rarely need over 70 lumens. The 170 is never far away though, and I consider them a team.

Hope that helps a little.

Last edited:

kaichu dento

Flashaholic
The high CRI is great, but unless you are a photographer or medic, it is a luxury (imo). If I could only have one, it would be the 170. Extremely wide range of possible light output, and when you need it to, it can really pour out the photons.

I carry the high CRI because it makes things beautiful and I rarely need over 70 lumens. The 170 is never far away though, and I consider them a team.
Nice team you've got! If I could carry only one I'd choose the high CRI though and just like you, the 70 or 80 lumens is about as much as I ever need, so the high CRI definitely has enough output to cover 95% of everything I need.

flatline

Flashlight Enthusiast
I still cannot make up my mind whether I want the High CRI or 170 custom. Great color rendition, or scary blind pocket rocket? I know, I know, I'm supposed to buy them both, but having basement finished and 2 children make this not happening.

I chose the high CRI because the difference between 100 lumens and 170 is negligible, but the difference in tint and color rendition is shocking.

On a dark night, outside, I never even crank it up beyond 40 lumens. 100 lumens isn't enough brighter than 40 to justify the drastically reduced runtime.

But maybe that's just me.

--flatline

HorseFilms

Newly Enlightened
On a dark night, outside, I never even crank it up beyond 40 lumens. 100 lumens isn't enough brighter than 40 to justify the drastically reduced runtime.

But maybe that's just me.

I'm with ya. I don't usually go brighter than 12 lumens, but it's nice to have the burst mode at the ready.

Nero

Newly Enlightened
Usually, I would carry one clicky attached to me right front pocket. After receiving a custom holster by Hogo, I can now carry 2 clickies and 2 spare cells on my belt. The smooth bezel is a Hi Cri. The crenelated bezel is a 140 custom. Though the previous owner of my Ti Ra carried it quite a bit, I have yet to do so.

DSC_1558.jpg

DSC_1559.jpg

jslappa! That Hogo holster of yours looks sweet. Were can i get one?

Last edited:

jslappa

Enlightened

Gaffle

Enlightened
I have never been a holster guy, but some of these pics are very nice. The extra battery in the holster is a great feature.

iacchus

Enlightened
Yeah, you know..I'm not much of a holster guy either. But, Hogo's stuff makes me want to get one anyway.

Seriously good deal for custom leatherwork of that quality.

Maybe I should just order a leather Clicky container to keep them in at home...

:hitit:

DM51

Flashaholic
How about this small constrictor knot as mentioned above by kaichu dento? I guess this makes me a belt and suspenders guy, but this is my "outdoors" Clickie and it's subject to being hung on web gear or carried while on very uneven terrain...

lanyard2.jpg

- Andy
This is a very good thread, with some excellent and widely varied solutions.

Like one or two others here, I'm not really a clip fan. Lanyards, yes; but clips are not really for me. And that ^^^ clip is (IMO) just about the ugliest item I have ever seen on CPF, except possibly the Mr.Bulk Dragon light, which is truly hideous, lol.

The HDS/Ra Clicky is one of the very best lights made today, and it deserves far better than that ghastly clip. The constrictor knot also featured in the photo is a good idea, as are the variants shown elsewhere in this thread (turk's head etc).

Gaffle

Enlightened
I think that I will for sure go with this setup. The McGizmo clip is cool but it can come unattached easily (did often enough on my old light). If the light is clipped into pocket with lanyard also down there, I'm all good.

Clipped to my inside pocket with a bezel down clip with the lanyard going down inside the pocket..

web.jpg

When its up north or fishing time, I think I am down for one of these.

If you not like clips and prefer a holster here is my Ra in a Cordura Holster offered by CPFer Dealer AW who could be found on CPFMP. This can also be thrown on a Sam Browne nylon rig in case you are PD
DSC03084.jpg

+1

p44036805-4.jpg

p57150567-4.jpg

It fits horizontally on my belt and carries a spare battery. Thanks Hogokansatsukan! :twothumbs

Rich

I know its not what I think it is, but I keep thinking the imprint on the leather holster is a Autobot emblem from Transformers....

At least with the leather holster idea it simplifies one of my custom issues, no extended button with that setup.

I could even PALS one of these holsters to my Typhoon.