How Do You EDC Your HDS RA Clicky?

mossyoak

Flashlight Enthusiast
The Southland with a RedBull in one hand and iPhon
Sorry for the terrible quality pic I'm In class and took the pic and uploaded it off my phone.
78d86040.jpg

kaichu dento

Flashaholic
Sorry for the terrible quality pic I'm In class and took the pic and uploaded it off my phone.
78d86040.jpg
At least you used some better looking cord than I did, but you might want to try the constrictor knot. It's very secure and looks pretty cool too. I found it in one of the threads here and it was the appearance that first got me interested in it.

Gaffle

Enlightened
Clipped to my inside pocket with a bezel down clip with the lanyard going down inside the pocket..

web.jpg

That looks nice. That setup would work with my McGizmo clip. Is that the standard clip?

EDIT : Duh, not screwed into body...my observation skillz rule!

Last edited:

skyfire

Flashlight Enthusiast
I purchased the lanyard ring from Lighthound and it does fit the Ra Clicky, just make sure that you remove the outer o-ring.

saved me an email to lighthound.:grin2: I will be ordering one really soon.

right now I carry mine deep pocket, without clip. I dont like the way the light feels with the clip. I have the bezel down clip.
also installed the 2 screws for anti-roll and grip purposes.

calipsoii

Flashlight Enthusiast
That is way flush. I like that. Do you surround these tail cap clips with o-rings?

I believe that is the stock bezel-down clip which now comes on all HDS custom lights. A while ago Henry switched from bezel-up clips to bezel-down ones when ordering a custom Clicky from him. The tailcap tightens down onto the clip, holding it in place, plus there is an o-ring in the threads which keeps it waterproof.

JWRitchie76

Flashlight Enthusiast
Inox lanyard ring from Lighthound.com is what you'll want. I have one but prefer a clip so I rarely use it anymore. Here is the setup I have as an option though.

005-2.jpg

006-3.jpg

Set up like this makes a sweet gripper for cigar style holds.
007-3.jpg

008-3.jpg

tolkaze

Enlightened
My 170 lives in a Thor's custom leather holster with a few spare cells.. but since i'm not totally in love with the beam shape of the 170, I tend to use my High CRI a lot more. That one lives in my pocket with my keys and coins and other bits and pieces. Its a worker, so will hopefully look all banged up and used in a few weeks so I stop babying it

CLBME

Enlightened
My twisty lives in a holster by Hogo for work (shown when it was new!):

thorb.jpg

My 170T has a loop behind the turk's head that I use for a lanyard to my belt or here it's on a neck lanyard.

downloads422.jpg

Last edited:

blackbalsam

Flashlight Enthusiast
I carry an hds clicky in a (1)123 4sevens holster in a side leg pocket on carhart pants...;)

dyril

Newly Enlightened
I've come up with a smattering of interrelated, cheap mods:
  • I epoxied the perimeter of the PCB for the button to make it isolated (airtight) from the battery compartment.
  • I Dremeled a grip ring from a soda bottle that is fairly thick but keeps the tail compartment o-ring functioning. The tailcap isn't twisted all the way down because of the plastic ring in the way, so the air isn't compressed enough to make the button bulge beyond flush.
The result of the above is consistent tailstanding between battery changes, without the need to deal with air pressure tricks anymore.

I'm now experimenting with exploiting the grip ring's protrusion for hanging the light:
ring_loop3.jpg

ring_loop4.jpg

ring_loop5.jpg

Maybe next I'll try some sort of sliding clip next to let it hang entirely inside of a pocket.

ayglass

Newly Enlightened
How about this small constrictor knot as mentioned above by kaichu dento? I guess this makes me a belt and suspenders guy, but this is my "outdoors" Clickie and it's subject to being hung on web gear or carried while on very uneven terrain...

lanyard.jpg

lanyard2.jpg

- Andy

Last edited:

kaichu dento

Flashaholic
How about this small constrictor knot as mentioned above by kaichu dento? I guess this makes me a belt and suspenders guy, but this is my "outdoors" Clickie and it's subject to being hung on web gear or carried while on very uneven terrain...

lanyard.jpg
Thanks for posting that up. ;)