How fast is airmail?

Timothybil

Flashlight Enthusiast
Ok, so I've been seeing Lumens Factory mentioned so much I decided to go see what was going on. Trap worked. :whistle: I wound up buying a D26 HO-6 for my G2. Got the email yesterday saying it was shipped. So my question is, when can I expect to see it? Does it transition from airmail to regular USPS or what? As you can imagine, now that I laid out the bucks I WANT IT NOW! I want to see some serious lumens coming out of the end of my G2. Who knows, if it throws far enough I might cancel my plans for a KT1-BK head for Christmas!

Flashaholics Forever!

Last edited:

Yucca Patrol

Enlightened
My experiences with international airmail suggest that it takes about as long as it might take to paddle a canoe across the ocean.

But seriously, I've had some stuff arrive in a week and other stuff from the same place take over a month. Best thing to do is try to forget about it and let it be a pleasant surprise when it arrives.

rockz4532

Enlightened
Ok, so I've been seeing Lumens Factory mentioned so much I decided to go see what was going on. Trap worked. :whistle: I wound up buying a D26 EO-6 for my G2. Got the email yesterday saying it was shipped. So my question is, when can I expect to see it? Does it transition from airmail to regular USPS or what? As you can imagine, now that I laid out the bucks I WANT IT NOW! I want to see some serious lumens coming out of the end of my G2. Who knows, if it throws far enough I might cancel my plans for a KT1-BK head for Christmas!

Flashaholics Forever!
now theres a flashaholic! not a bad thing , but wanting it now, ahhem, i mean NOW!!!, proves your flashaholicism:p

hyperloop

Flashlight Enthusiast
My orders from DX usually get to me within 7 working days from the time the shipped notice email is sent to me. There was only one exception but that was still within their 5 - 14 days estimate.

csshih

Flashlight Enthusiast
I've had TNT express which took... 2 days.
and dx mail which has taken (once!) 5 days!

and a few other times, 10-14 days

Ray1968

Newly Enlightened
I buy all my Lumens Factory bulbs from Light Hound. They're in Texas. Gets to So Cal in 2 days. But to answer your question, when I buy batteries from AW (Hong Kong) they take 6 days to get to my door.

Also, this question probably doesn't really belong in the incan forum...

jehu

Newly Enlightened
I orederd 2 bulbs from L.F. and it took two weeks exactly from them,
to me here in New England.
Yes Airmail does transition to regular USPS,
mine were put right in my mail box.
I will definitely purchase directly from them again.
Jim.

ruger357

Newly Enlightened
I have ordered 3 times from L.F. and recieved my bulbs within a week. Great people to do business with.:twothumbs

streetmaster

Enlightened
I ordered a D26 HO-9 from LF a couple days ago, can't wait to get mine either! :popcorn:

I would say on average it takes 5-6 working days from China to me here in upstate NY. Once in a while things get held up somewhere and it takes two weeks.

Last edited:

Ray1968

Newly Enlightened
I'd like to ask why you guys prefer to order straight from LF? Why not order from a US distributor at the same price and get it quicker?

I mentioned I buy batteries straight from AW even though there are US distributors, but it's cheaper in this case buying direct.

streetmaster

Enlightened
Basically, I screwed up. I noticed that LightHound had them after I ordered from Lumens Factory. But now I know for next time. ;) But a few days wait won't kill me. Sometimes the wait is half the fun.

Timothybil

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'd like to ask why you guys prefer to order straight from LF? Why not order from a US distributor at the same price and get it quicker?

I mentioned I buy batteries straight from AW even though there are US distributors, but it's cheaper in this case buying direct.
To tell the truth, I never thought about it. There I was on their web page seeing this great LA at an acceptable price, so I just went for it. Kinda strange too, because I usually look at three or four different sources just to check out best price, etc. What can I say? Guess I'm turning into a real flashaholic! :D

jehu

Newly Enlightened
Ray1968, I buy direct because for some unknown reason our
internet filter here at work blocks the lighthound site,
weird I know, but there it is.
What kind of shipping does lighthound charge?
Airmail from L.F. is way cheap if you don't mind the wait.
Jim.

Ray1968

Newly Enlightened
At Light Hound shipping is free for orders over $75. I checked one of my invoices for a small batch of stuff and the shipping was $6.30.

ruger357

Newly Enlightened
Ray1968, I buy direct because for some unknown reason our
internet filter here at work blocks the lighthound site,
weird I know, but there it is.
What kind of shipping does lighthound charge?
Airmail from L.F. is way cheap if you don't mind the wait.
Jim.

It's like $1.85 for the drop ins.

Timothybil

Flashlight Enthusiast
Okay - took about one week, just like you guys said. First comparison was across the 30' basement. First impression was that spill was about the same, hot spot was a little smaller, and appeared to be somewhat brighter. OK, I can live with that. Well, tonight I was outside after dark with my G2 so gave it a shot. Whoa! Nice really well defined center beam that probably doubles the distance the SF P60 throws. I can definitely live with that! I have been really Jonesing on a Turbohead for the G2 cause I like lighting things up a long ways away, but I think my Jones just got satisfied. :thumbsup:

Now I'm stuck with two P60s, one of which has only been run about 10 seconds to test a problem I was having (turned out to be bad batteries). I'm going to keep the used one as a spare. Anyone want to throw me a couple bucks for the almost new one?