How long is the typical wait time for an order?

gis8

Newly Enlightened
I've been hawking over the sales forums in wait of the perfect Tri-edc for a few weeks (I've missed loads now), but haven't been able to catch one before it was sold.

Is the wait time on the website of 6 weeks correct? (maybe it has gotten shorter/or longer).

Thanks for reading, -GIS-

tanasit

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have several of Mac's creations and YES, they are well worth waiting.

persco

Enlightened
I ordered a couple of weeks ago after cruising the WTS threads and missing one or two opportunities. I then tried in vain to get Chris to return my email or pm queries. Finally I just went ahead and ordered one. I trust him, but I think the wait will be around 8 - 12 weeks, not 6. I looked at a few of the threads where people posted that they had just ordered and then a few weeks later they would report the arrival. I deducted that the waits look to be around 8 - 12 weeks (occasionally longer).

I find it a bit irritating to be ignored after making a sales inquiry (I was asking how much different options are that are not listed on his site -- like the crenelated bezel. But since I waited 9 months for my Titanium Aeon MKII, I figure I can wait for my Ti Tri EDC. I just wish Chris would respond to messages, or at least confirm that he received the order.

willchance

Newly Enlightened
I think I've waited too long to post on CPF. I was hoping I'd hear from Chris over email.
I ordered a Copper tri-edc on 11/4/12. Chris got back to me the next day. I placed my order, he cashed the check on 11/28/12. From reading other threads on the site I decided to give the man his time and not pester him. Sent him a message on 1/14/13. No reply. Again on 2/23/13 and 5/22/13. Still haven't heard back, which is why I'm posting here. Seems like we're well out of the range that anybody else is talking about. Did the light get lost in the mail? Somebody else walking around with a pocketful of my lumens?

Let me know.

~Will

persco

Enlightened
I think I've waited too long to post on CPF. I was hoping I'd hear from Chris over email.
I ordered a Copper tri-edc on 11/4/12. Chris got back to me the next day. I placed my order, he cashed the check on 11/28/12. From reading other threads on the site I decided to give the man his time and not pester him. Sent him a message on 1/14/13. No reply. Again on 2/23/13 and 5/22/13. Still haven't heard back, which is why I'm posting here. Seems like we're well out of the range that anybody else is talking about. Did the light get lost in the mail? Somebody else walking around with a pocketful of my lumens?

Let me know.

~Will

I would start a new thread to try to get his attention.

Norm

Retired Administrator
I'm sure starting a new thread is not going to change the situation - Norm

nbp

Flashaholic
Agreed. He should be reading every post in his own subforum, regardless of the thread it's in. He has likely seen all of the related posts already.

dolphincry

Newly Enlightened
I havent see/read Chris posting lately....

Anyway, stay within topic: I got my tri-edc within a month last year, great little light, he's gifted machinist. Two thumbs up!

willchance

Newly Enlightened
Thanks guys. I'm thinking the order got lost in the holiday shuffle. I've emailed him quite a few times (see above) and never heard back. I'll keep checking here and see if Chris responds. Can't be too mad at someone who does such great work.

stewdogg

Enlightened
I would make one more post here so you can send him a PM through this site. I seemed to have more luck contacting him here rather than on his website email. I think if your not loud enough then he won't hear you...

Thanks guys. I'm thinking the order got lost in the holiday shuffle. I've emailed him quite a few times (see above) and never heard back. I'll keep checking here and see if Chris responds. Can't be too mad at someone who does such great work.

willchance

Newly Enlightened
Seems worthwhile, just think of all the patination that I've missed in the last six months. Did we arrive at an answer to the OP's question? Someone crunch the numbers with me as an outlier and say, what, 5 weeks?

persco

Enlightened
Seems worthwhile, just think of all the patination that I've missed in the last six months. Did we arrive at an answer to the OP's question? Someone crunch the numbers with me as an outlier and say, what, 5 weeks?

No. I don't think it's that short. Unfortunately, I don't think your that much of an outlier. BTW, I've sent Chris two PMs and never heard a word back. That was after trying to send two emails to two different email addresses... I just choose to believe the light I ordered will show up as ordered, one day.