How Many Flashlights Can you buy in a Month?

Black Rose

Flashlight Enthusiast
Ordered 2 Fenix E01's the other day.

Bought a Maglite minimag AA/AAA 3-pack for $19.99 and 2 Dorcy 9-LED flashlights (plastic body) for $4.99 each on Saturday.

Bought a Rayovac Sportsman Extreme 1 watt LED flashlight on Sunday.

Last edited:

angelofwar

Flashlight Enthusiast
Thanks for the reply. Hopefully there's more people on here that can shed some light on this topic.

Guilty!!! I can no longer allow myslef to buy jeans...where would I put all my lights???? I now look for cargo pants or jeans...I think once us CPF'ers reach the point of "Flashaholism", we're already in a "basic instinct" mindset...Am I wrong???

Yucca Patrol

Enlightened
It's been a good month for me.

1) two Fenix L2D Q5's

2) one Fenix L1D Q5

3) one Princeton Tec Torrent LED (immediately modified with a Seoul P4)

4) one Ikelite PC-a LED

5) Surefire G2 (had to see what the Surefire hype was about. Came nicely lubed but threads were gritty and nowhere near as bright as my Fenix lights but an R2 drop-in from DX might fix that. I think it is funny that they patented the idea of unscrewing the base to prevent battery contact and call it their "patented switch lockout. It is still a nice light, very well constructed, but I'm underwhelmed when compared to my other lights)

6) Two Fenix L0D's for our keychains (mine is running 10440 batteries for the shock and awe factor)

So that adds up to eight new flashlights this month.

I also modified two Princeton Tec Apex headlamps with Seoul P4 LED's, so they seem "new" to me this month. . .

Last edited:

My3kidsfather

Enlightened
27 lights. Actually one order for 20 Ultrafire C3's (I know I know, they are supposed to be iffy on construction. Maybe this order will give us some data as to our chances of getting a poor one?) They should arrive sometime next week if the weekly container makes it over here.. We wanted to give everyone in the extended family a good light, a single-mode with a lithium primary "throw it in the glove box and forget it until you need it" light.

The others are a few DX want-to haves, two SolarForce L2's, and a shiny new CL1H.

Things should go back to normal soon.

Federal LG

Flashlight Enthusiast
None!

Actually, I buy one light in every 2 months. It´s a way to control myself.

And all depends on the new models released. If they released good lights in the same month, than I buy them. If not, I keep the rythm of one light each two months.

My3kidsfather

Enlightened
None!

Actually, I buy one light in every 2 months. It´s a way to control myself.

And all depends on the new models released. If they released good lights in the same month, than I buy them. If not, I keep the rythm of one light each two months.

Lol I need to know.. how long did you go (and how many did you get) before you decided to implement Iron Will?

Federal LG

Flashlight Enthusiast
Lol I need to know.. how long did you go (and how many did you get) before you decided to implement Iron Will?

:crackup::crackup:

Oh man... don´t ask that! I still have holes in my pockets and wallet!
I was obssessive, but now I am presenting good results in controlling myself, really!

Thanks to my girlfriend also, who always think I have lights enough... :shakehead

Patriot

Flashaholic
Of course there's the month of January and the month of February.........what month was it that we bought from the same seller and had "issues" with delivery?? You shouldn't have that issue with the above purchase. :whistle::popcorn:

Well I sure hope not...although someone who just bought an H30 had a hickup. I've also got an H30 ordered.

Last edited:

DrunkenDonut

Newly Enlightened
I just ordered up 3 E01, and an H30 :naughty: I wonder what the numbers look like if you compare average per calendar month vs average for the last 30 days. I think half of what I spend are lights. The other half goes to shipping and "flashlight accessories," a category that is also quite dangerous. :D

bf1

Enlightened
My dog requires a new flashlight every chance he can get.

xcel730

Flashlight Enthusiast
:crackup:I guess you call that online window shopping

Hmmm ... how many did I buy in one month. Well, to start with, I was upgrading all my old lights, so I've sold:
(1) 3 x Inova X5
(2) Inova T1
(3) Inova T3
(4) Inova X0
(5) MiniMag with Terralux Drop in
(before joining this forum, I didn't think I would ever spend so much money on flashlights. Kinda nuts if you ask me)

Anyway, in one month, I picked up:

(1) Fenix L0d
(2) Fenix L1d
(3) Fenix L2d
(4) Fenix P3D
(5) Surefire E2L (3/60 lumens version)
(6) Surefire 6P with Z59 clicky tailcap and Malkoff M60
(7) Surefire 6P with Z59 clicky tailcap(waiting until I have more $$$ to pick up Malkoff M60L)
(8) Romisen RC-I3
(9) Solarforce L2 R2 Bin
(10) Nitecore Defender Inifinity
(11) 4 x NiMh 10000 LSD D Cell batteres / Maha C808M charger (waiting for more $$$ for modded 3D Mag with P7)

That's over $1,000 in one month.

I just added one to my cart for a cheap thrill...oh, I feel so dirty :sssh:

xcel730

Flashlight Enthusiast
In the past, I would buy knives and have them send to me at work. Bring them home and sneak them into my collection. My lady didn't notice for a looooong time since I already so many knives. I mean going from 50 knives to 51 knives is barely noticeable. Then when I hit around the 70-80 mark, she started to get suspicious and was questioning me. I told her, "no i had them awhile ago :whistle:" I'm a bad liar, so I confessed ... and she eventually gave up on me with knives.

Now it's with flashlights ... initially I told my lady that it's a good idea to have a few high quality, reliable flashlights around the house and in the car. She agreed, not knowing that she opened a can of worms. I ran out of excuses after I have three flashlights in the bedrooms, three in the living room, two in the car, one in the kitchen, one in the foyer, and couple in a case underneath my bed. She mocks me and say, if the power goes down, it is very likely that she'll trip over one of my flashlights that fell on the floor".:shrug:

However many that I can "sneak" by my fiance ! :devil::thumbsup:

geobio

Newly Enlightened
I'd suggest instead of more lights to take up space and use batteries, in addition to have people comment on your geekiness (?maybe), just get a few that you do like. I dont really have good flashlights yet, and I'm here to get opinions :)

RdlyLite

Enlightened
Thousands of American Dollars on flashlights?!?! Dam...

I pretty much iron will myself through the tough times. I buy a couple about every quarter to six months. Lol. I go bang for buck. I cant afford Ti and all those mules n stuff. lol.

My GF wants to get married already. :wave:

Who am I kidding, heck, I want to get married, too. :devil:

BabyDoc

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'd suggest instead of more lights to take up space and use batteries, in addition to have people comment on your geekiness (?maybe), just get a few that you do like. I dont really have good flashlights yet, and I'm here to get opinions :)

My opinion is to get up and run, not walk, and get the hell out of this forum, before it is too late! I stopped here like you did just a few months ago for an opinion. Since then I have listened to so many opinions that all seem good, I have bought an L2D, P2D Rebell (plus an extra spare since they won't be making these any more), Novatac p120, an Olight T-10, TK10, NDI, LOD, SF A2, L1, and L1D body, plus a Maha C9000 charger, Nyogel lubricants, etc. Again, don't even get started here. That's the smartest opionion you will get here.