How many using Opera browser?

Unicorn

Flashlight Enthusiast
I've been using it wince version 6 something. I find it interesting how it can provide more features than most of the rest while being so small (less than 4 megs without Java).

ViReN

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have been Using FireFox 1.0.3 .... for 2 Days now.... My IE, Opers, Netscape used to crash... I also tried bunch of other browsers.... but till now... Only 2 Browsers have succeded....
1) Safari (on MAC)
2) FireFox 1.0.3 on Windows...

It is very normal for me to open up up to 40 (in IE) windows... and....
FireFox Allows me to Open up to 80-90 Tabs... EACH in up to 4 Windows.. (yep.. you need a RAM ... which is ample for me /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif about 2G /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif )

IE Sucks.... Opera Sucks... and so do the other browsers....!

PEU

Flashlight Enthusiast
Viren there is no need to trash other browsers to say that the one you prefer is better in your opinion...

You're the 1st person I read saying that Opera sucks..., you may not like it but is very good, in fact, firefox is very similar in layout to Opera, this is not casual...

Pablo

*Retired*
Opera works fine here, it often works where Firefox, Mozilla, and IE will not. Yes, I have them all installed, and use them all.

In fact, I use my Opera for cpf, and other browsers for other things.

When the others don't work, I fire the same page up in Opera, works like a champ.

ViReN

Flashlight Enthusiast
[ QUOTE ]
PEU said:
Viren there is no need to trash other browsers to say that the one you prefer is better in your opinion...

You're the 1st person I read saying that Opera sucks..., you may not like it but is very good, in fact, firefox is very similar in layout to Opera, this is not casual...

Pablo

[/ QUOTE ]

Hi Pablo,

I am sorry for trashing ... But I have had bad experiances with the Opera Browser... the 3-7 Versions... (yes i had tried it all)... and i also have formated my machine several times and have also tried on the freshly formated machine... but the table rendering etc really is bad....

one more thing is that the banner ad's (which i hate.. i know i am using a free version) have a spyware/adware (Microsoft's Antispyware constantly keeps bugging me)

please note that i am using dial-up connection... with speeds at most 48 kbps and least as 9.6kbps (i live in a third world) ....

I have recently found firefox.... comparable to my Safari browser... got very very impressed ... so much that.. its now in my signature & avtar /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif .... .... it renders tables as the data comes in... not like opera and IE... that wait for WHOLE data to come first (which takes MINUTES....) if not hours to load... in firefox there are no banner ads... no spyware...

Once again I am sorry, if i have hurt your views (i didnt mean to).... may be paid version on a broad band connection works nicely....