How reliable are these LED lights? Others having troubles?

fnsooner

Enlightened
I think flashlights are more reliable today than they have ever been. I have had one flashlight go bad in the last five years and I am fairly hard on flashlights.

I think it is probably a case of bad luck wvdavidr. Unless there is a known problem with the models you mention, I bet you will get years of use out of them when you get them back.

Do some research, buy yourself another quality user and in a couple of months, you will have three nice lights.:party:

Dealing with returns is frustrating but I have found that if patient, I get taken care of. I am dealing with a couple of return items at the moment and I am trying to follow my own advice of being patient and realize that this is what I signed up for when I started buying things online.

Edit*** Oops I just saw the date on the OP. I hate when that happens.

Last edited:

SubLGT

Flashlight Enthusiast
……….Dealing with returns is frustrating but I have found that if patient, I get taken care of. I am dealing with a couple of return items at the moment and I am trying to follow my own advice of being patient and realize that this is what I signed up for when I started buying things online.

I keep telling myself "be more patient". Right now, Illumination Supply is testing my patience with a flashlight return.

fnsooner

Enlightened
I keep telling myself "be more patient". Right now, Illumination Supply is testing my patience with a flashlight return.
Yeah, I had been on a two or three year roll without having to deal with returns and emails and responses etc. That changed about a week ago and now I have a couple of different dealers I have to contact and test my patience with. If that isn't bad enough, I made an order yesterday with Illumn.com and then a few minutes ago I read about them getting broken into last night and that customers are going to have to be patient with current orders. i hope that doesn't affect your dealings with them.

I think it is time for me to cool off a bit and take a break.

Breathe in, breathe out. There, I feel better.

Last edited:

ForrestChump

Flashlight Enthusiast
Yeah, I had been on a two or three year roll without having to deal with returns and emails and responses etc. That changed about a week ago and now I have a couple of different dealers I have to contact and test my patience with. If that isn't bad enough, I made an order yesterday with Illumn.com and then a few minutes ago I read about them getting broken into last night and that customers are going to have to be patient with current orders. i hope that doesn't affect your dealings with them.

I think it is time for me to cool off a bit and take a break.

Breathe in, breathe out. There, I feel better.

Had an issue with a local "Authorized service center" for a StreamLight ProTac 2L I just got that had a bad lens gasket ( new old stock, the new ones look better ). I thought they would swap it, but that specific store is airtight with extremely stingy policies. Said they didn't have the inventory, meanwhile I picked up a Key-Mate ( COOL LIGHT ) off of there stacked rack of lights that were MSRP. :rolleyes: Good thing the Key-Mate was only $12.00. There excuse was SL decides wether the light is repaired or replaced. Considering it looks like a fish bowl and takes 2 CR123's, I think it was a safe bet to think they would replace it.....Not to mention they tested the light with 2 different brand China made CR123's that looked like they went through a washing machine. :ohgeez:

Really pissed me off, they had enough on the rack to stock a platoon. It's a Cop shop.....I have no idea how they rip off so many LEO's to make numbers, what a sham. I bet if SL walked in that store, we'd have a different Service center.

I'll just deal with SL direct as they seem to be uber fast.

Last edited:

ForrestChump

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have had ANOTHER! A Fenix HL55 headlamp. It worked fine since last winter. It won't work at all now. Not abused, no battery leaking, etc..

I need to remind myself: "No more lights that are worth a bother- just cheap lights that are thrown away when they fail!"

Now that we are way off topic...

How bout it OP? What are your thoughts given the input here? For a little more you can make the jump to Malkoff..... why bother with disposables?

wvdavidr

Newly Enlightened
Now that we are way off topic...

How bout it OP? What are your thoughts given the input here? For a little more you can make the jump to Malkoff..... why bother with disposables?

As OP, I am not sure if Malkoff for reliability or cheap lights to throw away are best; I am thinking the in-between (Fenix, others) are the WRONG place to be- worst of both worlds. A different strategy is needed for me!

Thank you all for your replies.

Off to mail the HL55 for warranty service!

SubLGT

Flashlight Enthusiast
...I made an order yesterday with Illumn.com and then a few minutes ago I read about them getting broken into last night and that customers are going to have to be patient with current orders...

Where did you read that?